What's new

Heide Park Colossos retracking (2019)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
^How long has it been since I've bragged about my 2-day whoring session on Colossos? Must be a good few weeks now, surely? So yeah, I had a 2-day whoring session on Colossos (and the rest of Heide Park tbf, place was dead!), finishing with 4 laps on the back row without even leaving my seat.
And it was the tits!
It's not quite as good as El Toro but definitely not far off. Top ride, man.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
^How long has it been since I've bragged about my 2-day whoring session on Colossos? Must be a good few weeks now, surely? So yeah, I had a 2-day whoring session on Colossos (and the rest of Heide Park tbf, place was dead!), finishing with 4 laps on the back row without even leaving my seat.
And it was the tits!
It's not quite as good as El Toro but definitely not far off. Top ride, man.
Agreed, it's still up there as one of my fave woodies, front of the train was just incredible, @nealbie had to grab me as I nearly got ejected.

Ethan

Strata Poster
It's probably my favourite just for the first drop alone, the airtime afterwards is just a bonus. The roughness in the valleys though was definitely a big issue, some proper spine-cracking moments on it.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Fan site Heide Park World have been given some access to see inside the construction site.
The Station.
IMG_0858.JPG

IMG_0857.JPG

IMG_0883.JPG

Work has yet to start on the abandoned queueline - which was only newly built as part of the 2016 retheme done only months before it closed.
IMG_0896.JPG

Lifthill motors
IMG_0892.JPG

New lifthill track and chain.
IMG_0861.JPG

IMG_0859.JPG

New ledgers.
IMG_0998.JPG

IMG_0951.JPG

IMG_1006.JPG

Matt N

CF Legend
Is it known if they'll leave the queue line mostly the same, as it was only added in 2016? Apart from a few cosmetic touch ups, of course!

streetmagix

Mega Poster
Apologies if I've missed this but how closely are Intamin involved with the retracking project? If they aren't involved at all then it might mean new trains are required.