What's new

Have you ever ridden alone?

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Yeah, I go alone quite often as my family aren't that interested in theme parks, and my mates are busy. It gives me a chance to do what I want and use the single rider queues.

A

Anonymous

Loads!
My friend was always too scared to go on. Did Shiekra, Hulk, Tower of Terror, Space Mountain, Oblivion, Nemesis, Air etc etc always on my own. Until after many years my friend made it onto Kumba in Busch...she's never looked back since and now I have a coaster buddy! Though sadly no-one to hold the bags and video/picture me on said rides anymore. ;-)

Inverse

Hyper Poster
I've never visited a park alone as my girlfriend is also a coaster fan. I did ride stealth alone my first time as she was too nervous then, and a couple of times on oblivion as she dislikes it. We have also split up to do single rider queues on Nemesis and Air before.

We normally go to parks as a couple, but it is nice to be joined by friends occasionally, who have different ideas about park and things than we do.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Yeah most of the time. I usually go to parks on holidays and I usually end up riding everything on my own or when I'm with friends and they chicken out, then I just ride on my own. I'm not bothered by it as I'm used to it.

Slash

Giga Poster
I have done sometimes. When i went to Alton my dad came down with Man Flu half way through the day so i had to ride Nemesis on my lonesome and Rita.

Also in America my dad wouldn't go on Gwazi (he doesn't like woodies as he has neck and back problems). So I did that on my own.

I prefer to go with someone. I wouldn't go to a park on my own however.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Doing single rider I suppose on Stealth, Saw(when they had it), Spinball, and sometimes it we separate seats to fill gaps, btu the only ride have done with train/Car to myself is Saw on 13th March, did this several times, nice though nobody screaming in your ear, sort of peaceful.

kimahri

CF Legend
When i went to alton towers once with my school. It started with a sort of large group. Then when the day actually started it lowered to 3 people of me, my friend and a guy niether of us liked. When he went to get some food me and my friend just ran off without him. Later I wanted to go on nemesis but my friend didn't so we split up and headed off to where we wanted to go.

I forgot where I supposed to meet him. So I just buggered off and went around by my self.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Whilst travelling I visited a few parks by myself, but mainly on the basis that they were nearby and thus not taking up a large amount of time.

As for riding "alone" in a group of three, of course, that doesn't really count anyway.

I've also done a few rides on my own such as drop towers when no-one else wanted to do them, and now I come to think of it, I did a few re-rides at IoA because I loved the place but my mate was bored and so he went back to the hotel.

I haven't ever ridden alone in the UK though, and I wouldn't make a habit of it either, whilst rides are something that can be enjoyed on your own, you don't really "experience" a theme park properly unless you're with a group of mates.

Rach

Giga Poster
I have a few times, mainly at Blackpool.

Rode RollerCoaster a couple of times on my own, likewise with Steeplechase.
Also last year on Infusion when I was in the queue with Ian and Vadge and they spotted a vacant air gate that would get them on the next train, I was on the train after them with a rather talkative woman going up with lift and then screaming for dear life all the way round.

Also done Apocalypse whist queuing on my own. That was NOT fun specially with the loud mouth chavs behind me. Luckily when I eventually got to the base of the tower, I noticed a vacant seat and asked the staff to let me on.
And similarly at Drayton when I first got into bigger coasters I done Shockwave and G-Force on my own as the friends I was with didn't like the bigger rides.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Oh, I've had Det to myself aswell as what I said before. Only to be sat up the top for a good 2 minuets aswell! Talk about tension!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I've credit-whored an entire country alone (Malaysia), been to countless parks alone, and been the only person on a coaster many, many times.

:(

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I've been to quite a few parks by myself over the years, but now I'm getting bored of doing that.

If I have an awesome day somewhere I want some people to share it with, not just with me, myself and I.

wash

Mega Poster
I've never been to a park by myself, but I do ride coasters alone sometimes if nobody else wants to go.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I love being alone on rides you get to scream and do what you want and if yougo to the park by yourself you can go on what rides you like

Kebab

Giga Poster
Riding alone is simply a common wonder for me; as I easily become more afraid of the experience, however it's hardly different to riding with friends.

On topic, I have to lone-ride plenty of times wherever I go. Mainly because I travel to parks with a weary father, so I end up putting myself on the insane ones alone. If I have already rode a coaster or a certain ride with people before, it doesn't affect my experience at all if I was alone on that after; and most coasters don't actually bother me riding alone, if I've been on it or not. Drop Towers or similar rides of this kind can mess me about whilst alone, but I've already experienced two towers single-rided.

Notably, the first ride I had on Hurakan Condor, I had to ride alone because of the others chickening out, that I couldn't blame them, but whats the point in fear if you don't overcome it. But I'll leave a tip or two if you are in the same position as I was.

I managed to make an aquaintance whilst queueing which did ease my horrid tension and tempted mentality of simply walking off, this helps a lot if you are riding alone, as communication is the perfect remedy for fear when you are in a queue. Try to talk positively and make humourous conversation too, and as obsurd as it sounds, talk about how scary the ride is going to be with that other person, so you know you are both in the same position as each other.

Riding alone isn't bad, but it's not as enjoyable as riding with others, but it's dependant on yourself, if you're a social go'er or not, and single riding may differ to that person.

Manderr

Mega Poster
We all know Gavin has. The story of him abandoning his date for a sneaky credit whore will never stop being funny.

Dave

CF Legend
Im going to train it from Ryde to Shanklin jus to nab a kiddie credit on Monday, WHORE