What's new

Have you ever hit something on a ride?

Emmett

Giga Poster
I got hit in the face by someone's hat once, but somehow I don't think that would be the same as hitting a piece of wood or steel at 60 mph...

Same thing happened to me on Stormforce 10 on the double drop towards the end of the ride. I ended up getting the persons cap in front of me in the face and luckily my friend caught it. Nothing else I don't think has ever hit me when riding.

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I don't think I've ever hit something on a ride before lol. I don't know if it counts but on Vampire my feet hit a tree mid-course but I think that happens to most people.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
When I was going round on Snake In The Grass, someone pulled a bramble out of a bush and it swung back and whacked me in the face :(

Ormerod

Hyper Poster
Touched the side-rail on The Ultimate's second lift hill. Also on PMBO, coming out of the helix I managed to touch the support, I just get some random sense of achievement in doing so.

premal944

Roller Poster
I don't think i've ever hit anything on a ride. :--D

But my friend once got hit by the back of the seat in front on collossus and got a nosebleed.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Don't think I've ever hit anything, but I've come close to that support on RMT at Alton Towers, which you could touch if you stuck your arm out far enough.

EDIT: Just remembered, on Tonnerre de Zeus, one of my mates was a couple of rows in front of me and his cap fell off and hit me in the face, then blew off the side. :lol:

jacoaster

Roller Poster
I find out recently that I have to duck due to a low support on Super Nessi Junior coasters . I'm not sure whether I'd make it under - I'd rather not find out.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Not that I can remember but I nearly got hit by someones bottle of water on El Toro's first drop. Luckily I ducked and avoided it as it would've been bloody painful!

Beans

Hyper Poster
Leigh if you remember it was me that hit you of Fish for the photos!!!

I always seem to be able to grab the bushes on the last roll on Colossus before you go back into station.

Mine train at Chessie Phill grabbed a handful of leaves on way round

Leigh bought a token back on an Inferno run once, came back Leaf in hand to station, didn't show anyoneas they would have closed the ride!!

Lain

Giga Poster
Once, I reached out to the other train on Grand National before the lifthill, and caught my hand on a beam.

Another time, while on Colossus, when going under the bridge after the airtime hill, a drop of water hit me right in the eye. Not so much being hit by something, but still really disorientating.

Waffleman

Mega Poster
I went on Furious Baco and got stung in the eye by a mosquito on the launch. My eye swelled (swole?) up for about 3 hours, I don't know if that counts?

A-Kid

Giga Poster
Oh i forgot a lump of rust hit me in the face from Colossus once and inferno multiple times

robbeal

Hyper Poster
The only thing i've actually been hit by (in memory) is a massive fly, on the final turn of Silver Star, just before the ORP, of which we bought... So there's a photo of me being hit in the face by a fly-beast somewhere.

The Diesel Dragon at Camelot used to have a branch which was well in the reach of everyone on the left side of the train's face, but you'd see people avoiding it, and it never got me.

I also remember riding the Apple coaster at Southport, intentionally touching the supports going into the 'apple', and getting an electric shock, which was encouraging.