What's new

Have you ever hit something on a ride?

A

Anonymous

After getting hand slapped by a support-beam on Balder yesterday, which caused my arm and hand to tingle for a while afterward, I started wondering...

Is there someone else that have struck something hard object during a ride on a coaster?

No, I'm not talking grass and small branches, I mean large hard stuff :)

RCF

Strata Poster
I actually hit my arm on a support beam as well. I hit it on Texas Giant. But on Titan one particular time, there was a lot of bugs. I was on the front so it was worse.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Slayed's money. :x

The odd branch or leaf, I do try not to dismember myself during a ride.

wash

Mega Poster
I got hit in the face by someone's hat once, but somehow I don't think that would be the same as hitting a piece of wood or steel at 60 mph...

Kebab

Giga Poster
I know I hit something whilst riding Stampida, not sure if it was someones posession escaping or what, but something struck my elbow hard enough to make it bleed, and imprint a scar which is noticable to this day on.

Struck by a chapstick, pair of sunglasses or a cinder block during the ride still doesn't lay a finger towards the back breaking coaster it already is and delivers. It's such an awful coaster but I love it! :lol:

EDIT: Is it possible to be struck by your own car on a ride? It's happened to me in Spain before.. :?

Jools

Giga Poster
Omg, this has happened to both me and my sister.

Enigma, FOLLOW THE RIDE CAR, do not attempt to sit up straight or you may hit the side of the car or a support which leaves you wit h a headache for weeks and a bump the size of the acropolis!

Snoo

The Legend
Magnum's support beams on the return course. You'd be surprise how close they actually are.

Snoo

The Legend
Well I didn't hit it with my full hand, just the end of one of my fingers.. which was numb for a bit.

^ You're 6' 2'' and you're only 13? That's ridiculous.. But still, my stepdad is that height and he never reached out and touched a beam. Though, he did almost get his head smacked off a support on a fairground coaster.

bazpa

Hyper Poster
Yes on Revolution at Blackpool you can't stick your arms straight up due to the restraints so I had my arms sticking out to the side until my left hand struck a string of lights which go all round the loop at the point where they cross over. It really hurt and my hand was throbbing for hours.

Also at my first CF live we were all bravely riding a Big Apple coaster at Southport when I stuck my arms up and hit the bars between the track above me, nothing but my pride hurt that time :lol:

Slash

Giga Poster
Yes, on Space Mountain, I touched a support which was in itself weird and then in the tunnel my hands slid along the ceiling at the end of the ride! Didn't hurt but took me by surprise. Then again I am a tall bastard.

I also hit a woman in the face on Revenge of the Mummy. I was on the front row and i deliberately kept the restraint up a bit. Had my arms up and that first corner after the launch took me by surprise, my arms swung in the direction of the woman.... and collided with her face...

Needless to say I kept my arms down for the rest of the ride.