What's new

Harry Potter @ IOA Updates:

Ben

CF Legend
1. Because LC is awesome.
2. Because Harry Potter sucks once the books are shut, and even with the books open it's hardly amazing.

Oh wow, if this is a whole area themed to Harry Potter, they can go a long way with this. Knowing the parks and seeing their existing rides and attractions, they'll likely theme this extensively, and put lots of good attractions in there as well.

Looking forward to this, and being put in one of the better parks in North America, it sounds promising.

mewantcandy2

Mega Poster
^^IoA is the best park in the world IMO. The theming is just beautiful and its perfect everywhere. All the rides are state of the art and have very low downtime. I'd expect the robocoaster to be incredible and reliable.

Tony

Hyper Poster
Wow I actually just read about it there and looked at the concept art and I think it looks great. I am sure IoA will do a great job on this.

A

Anonymous

We are in Orlando at the moment and it has been all over the local news. It is only using a small part of LC and using a lot of unused land behind it. It is going to be 20 acres and has Hogwarts, Hogsmead, and the forest areas, it is due to open late 2009 early 2010.

costar

Mega Poster
I'm hoping for 2010 to be honest. The more time they take over this the better I reckon, we know what Universal are capable of. Plus my housemate is working on the Harry Potter films and they've only just had the wrap party for Order of the Phoenix so the films will be coming out for a while yet...

Good to see people posting sources on the previous page by the way. Is CF finally getting the message across that bold statements need sources...? The picture below is from Google Earth, funnily enough:

ioaua6.png

It's debateable whether it will go on the Jurassic side or the Toon side. Don't forget that the FAQs say it will be "comparable in size to existing islands..." I hope they don't bash Poseidon's Fury anyway - I love that ride. Hopefully they can put a robocoaster in (no doubt broomstick themed?!) in a fairly small area.

Definitely good news that IOA have finally got of their arses anyway - can't believe I learnt about this in the paper this morning... I need to visit CF more!

Ben

CF Legend
^In one of the articles it said that Mythos was going to remain a part of LC, which is part of the surrounding area to Poseidon isn't it?

Ben

CF Legend
^But, I doubt that IoA would have two Islands co-existing in such a way, clashing themes much? This isn't Thorpe y'know...

Ben

CF Legend
^In the Photobucket account of one "HellHawk97".

I mean, if it's not damning evidence... well, God knows what is...

A

Anonymous

Lol yes, they called me the HellHawk. And yes it is damning evidence.

A

Anonymous

I hope they announced some of their plans soon...

Though I am very disappointed the Harry potter theme park isn't going to be in the UK. There is nothing American about Harry Potter and now Hogwrats is going to be filled with American merchandising and food etc. Harry lives in england, not america!

nadroJ

CF Legend
^Hehe, Hogwrats. And I think America is a good place for it, they have the room to build it extravagantly and they have the money to make it rally top notch and they will have more people visiting it, meaning more money can be spent on keeping it clean and up to date if you know what I mean. If it were in England it would be half-assed and much much smaller. I love that it's going in IoA it's like the place thats most likely to look after the area well.

A

Anonymous

For the record, we don't know if there will be a new coaster. The only information we do know is there will be a new "state-of-the-art attraction.

8) Ace

Dave

CF Legend
Wtf, with the img tags. Also please don't talk in text talk, for some people its not a second language.

Anyway. it would be curious to see if they implement a Intamin/Vekoma Motorbike coaster in the form of broom sticks. Would be good.

A

Anonymous

Well they only have so much space to work with. They have to build Hogwarts... and FU is going to get a little retheme. However, they might have to relocate the ride to compensate space issues. But I highly doubt that.

8) Ace

A

Anonymous

Ride ideas have been "announced" - Source: mugglenet.com

Main ride in Potter World to be Ford Anglia?

A news station in Orlando recently filed a report concerning the upcoming Potter World theme park, which clues us in on what may be coming. "Industry insiders" have told Local 6 that the centerpiece attraction in the upcoming Harry Potter theme park will be a "ride in Ron's Flying Car."

Additionally, Universal hints "it may need to retheme the Dueling Dragons and Flying Unicorn roller coasters to become part of Harry Potter's world."

As always, we'll keep you updated on these rumors! Thanks to Hannah and her dad for the tip.

Also, check out this video on LOCAL6 http://www.local6.com/video/13418288/index.html