What's new

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

tks

Strata Poster
Harry Potter books, great up until the 5th one where I skipped several chapters in the middle of the book due to sheer boredom. The sixth one I could deal with and the 7th well, the less said the better..

Unfortunately movies almost never live up to the original book, especially with Harry Potter. It'll be interesting to see if they've managed to actually keep the storyline going in the direction it should be.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah the books we're great up until 4.
5 was ok but 6 and 7 were just boring drivel and nothing happening.
Especially 7 where about 2/3rds of the book is talking about them ****ing camping. Really boring and I have no idea how they're going to make the 7th into two films (like they said they were going to) as nothing ****ing happens until the end.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^ Yawn, old news.

I've read the book and will only watch the movie to see if it is better than the book (which all of them so far have not been) and also to jizz over Hermione :)

Ollie

CF Legend
ciallkennett said:
and also to jizz over Hermione :)
There's much better looking girls out there you know.

My mum has seen the trailer for this now and thinks it looks good so it's likely we'll be seeing it anyway.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I love the films, and the books. I prefer the books.

Me and my parents have gone to see every film when it comes out. My Mum asked me the other day if I would be too embarrassed going with them now I'm 18. Bless her.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Rush said:
I agree, Professor McGonagall is some major eye-candy. :p

Not bad, but I wouldn't make her breakfast!

Maggie-36.jpg

Mark

Strata Poster
Been listening to the soundtrack today. Not too bad at all. Makes me even more excited for the film tommorow.

And will everyone give it a rest with the stuff about book 7. Yes there is a lot of camping involved, but having re-read the book recently, there is a fair amount that does also happen whilst they are moving around camping. There is the visit to the ministry, the visit to Godrics hollow, the finding of a horcrux. I still find box 7 a hell of a lot more entertaining then the constant cleaning in the first section of Order of the phoenix; which did lay down a fair amount of back story too.

However, I am a little concerned about certain things that have been changed for the benefit of the film. I appreciate some minor stuff gets taken out and everything, but I always thought the memories in the pensieve were pretty fundamental in explaining everything, yet they have removed all bar two of them from the film... Are they just not going to explain the stuff with the Marvolo/Morfin/Merope gaunt. And the relationship between Voldemort, his muggle lineage that is mixed with the Slytherin lineage??

Spose I shall find out tommorow either way.

marc

CF Legend
Not that I really listen to reviews after Spider Man 3 lol.

This film has not gone down very well, its meant to be slow does not explain things and again is rushed like the last film. They have also not covered a very important part very well.

I shall find out tomorrow anyway.

peep

CF Legend
The review by Mark Kemode was basically that it's a good film but there is too much romance and not enough action (looks quite the opposite in the trailers imo)

Mark

Strata Poster
I don't know where people are getting a majority of negative reviews from. From what I have read this morning the reviews seem very much on a middle to good response.

I know full well that there are going to be missing parts that wish were in the film, possibly bits that I thought could have been done better, but, if I want all that, I'll just read the book again.

We should also bear in mind that there are altered parts of the film due to the fact things are going to be covered in better detail in the Deathly Hallows films.

Rush

Giga Poster
I'm currently listening to the soundtrack as well on YouTube and I am really impressed by it! Nicholas Hooper has done a fantastic job from what I've heard so far. Only criticism of it is that one or two of the tracks really don't sound like Harry Potter at all.

Can't wait for the piano music to be released.

I'm currently very excited about seeing it on Thursday. :--D

Peter

Hyper Poster
I'm looking forward to seeing it too. The trailers make it look epic, so I hope it lives up to expectation.

Got my tickets booked for Thursday evening after I come back from the Isle of Wight. :--D

divvie_dave

Mega Poster
I have to go see it tonight for work :-( Boo. I hope its not a repeat of the last one... I fell asleep. Hey, at least if the same happens tonight, i'll be getting paid to do it.

Have nothing against the films, but they are a bit... I just don't know.

Brookes

Giga Poster
I saw it today and I thought it was brilliant. As I have read the books I could follow the story, but a lot is missed out, but apparently it had to be to missed to fit in with how they have changed the 7th, as that is going to explain more things I've heard. Great film though.

nealbie

CF Legend
peep said:
The review by Mark Kemode was basically that it's a good film but there is too much romance and not enough action (looks quite the opposite in the trailers imo)

I disagree, from the trailers all that I have seen is a magical chick flick :lol: