What's new

Happy Valley Tianjin | Fjord Dragon | Gravity Group Wood

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ That would be the brake man. He has a seat in the middle of the train and manually operates the brakes.

He sits here:

j8alf54in60pb00065m2a5.jpg

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Ethan said:
That seat looks terrifying.

rollermonkey said:
Ethan said:
That looks like the best seat on the train.

FTFY

Both!

Those are some unique trains, real old school feel.
China truly is rising in the global stage now...look at all the epic wooden coasters they're building!
That's how power is measured right? :lol:

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Martyn B said:
This thing is going to have strange trains, apparently. The trains are going to consist of just 2 cars, each with 6 rows. So 24 riders althogether, which equals to quite a poor throughput of just 780 per hour.

Are you sure it isn't 2 trains, each with 6 cars? The same as Dauling Dragon..

Snoo

The Legend
Gravity Group needs to build a stronger foothold here before RMC puts them out of business.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Why spend a lot of money devoloping a new state of the art train if you aren't going to use them on you're new rides?

I doubt the Happy Valley chain would "cheap out" on the trains.

Intricks

Strata Poster
Because their trains are for rides like Twister/Wooden Warrior, Hades 360 and their more intense coasters like Voyage.

All their other coasters run fine with a standard PTC, so why fix what isnt broken?

Plus, beyond two, really tight layouts, Hades 360 will ve the first major design to run with the Timberliners.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Intricks said:
Because their trains are for rides like Twister/Wooden Warrior, Hades 360 and their more intense coasters like Voyage.

No, they are for all new Gravity Group rides, not just the big or the twisty ones.
The idea behind them is to reduce maintenance and provide a more comfortable ride experience.

Intricks said:
All their other coasters run fine with a standard PTC, so why fix what isnt broken?

Have you ridden a timberliner train?
There is a BIG difference in how they track and they are much more comfortable and open compared to PTC's.

If it were my money I would never accept a brad new ride from TGG without them.

I also remembered they guy at IAAPA 2011 said that the new high five ride in China would be getting timberliners, and then it showed up with PTC's.

I think it starts to get embarrassing for TGG how they keep putting PTC's on the new rides, 5 years after the timberliners were announced.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
_koppen said:
Have you ridden a timberliner train?
There is a BIG difference in how they track and they are much more comfortable and open compared to PTC's.

Could not disagree with you more. The timberliner trains are absolutely awful, purely down to the restraint. Yes, they're more open in that the car itself isn't as closed in, but the restraints are just horribly cumbersome and restrictive.

For anyone who hasn't ridden one, imagine a Maurer X-Car (G-Force, Shock, Formule X, any Sky Looop) restraint on a wooden coaster and you've about got it.

The fewer coasters with those put on the better.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
gavin said:
Could not disagree with you more. The timberliner trains are absolutely awful, purely down to the restraint. Yes, they're more open in that the car itself isn't as closed in, but the restraints are just horribly cumbersome and restrictive.

Well I never had a problem with those restraints, I like them, but that is very induvidal.

But you gotta agree that the train track amazingly?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
The T-liners on Wooden Warrior didn't really impress me either way, apart from the improved maneuverability aspect.

Oh, and I think they look a little on the cheap side, visually speaking. The wheel noise was more apparent, too.