What's new

Hansa Park | Kärnan | Gerstlauer Hyper Coaster

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
_koppen said:
cjbrandy said:
They do look like inversions at a glance but this coaster will have none.

There will be a barrel-roll.

Oh I actually remember reading something about this now! I think I read it will happen in an indoor pre-lift section.

Sneaky

Roller Poster
cjbrandy said:
Oh I actually remember reading something about this now! I think I read it will happen in an indoor pre-lift section.

No, it will actually happen after the brake run.
It has been shown in some pictures somewhere.

Edit:
Here it is.
343042d1428019016-2015-neuheit-der-schwur-des-kaernan-hypercoaster-gerstlauer-hansa-park-_mg_0916.jpg

Source: http://www.hapa-forum.de

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Those are really cool looking trains, and no OTSRs is always good :D

I hear the track is complete! Can't wait to see some POVs from this beast

andrus

Giga Poster
Don't know if this has been posted yet? But it seems like concept art of the complete layout:

ae44e23dcdeea1716e34.jpg

Source

I am so stoked for this right now! :--D I've had my doubts in the past. And sure, it might not be perfectly smooth.. But the layout look really interesting and refreshing! I like it :--D

JoshC.

Strata Poster
1381987_896691990370150_5246926513664435192_n.jpg

The soundtrack for the ride has been composed by IMA Score, and finished recording yesterday. They worked with the Budapest Film Orchestra and Choir. Looking forward to hearing it! :)

TilenB

Strata Poster
Wow, looks to be quite fast considering it has just started testing. This has potential to become one of the best new coasters in Europe for 2015.

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, still such an unusual layout. Does seem to go pretty quickly around the track. Some parts look really fun, look forward to riding this next year.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Really do love the low-profile, banked turns section!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Some of that elements look a little too fast, especially for a Gerst.... :?

This is either going to be epic, or horrendous.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Yeah, not sure if this looks amazing or vile. Could go either way. Still would've liked more hills though.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Martyn B said:

Have you been on Karacho yet? I think that Gerstlauer has massively improved in the past years, so I can imagine this being quite good as well... :)

ignace

Mega Poster
TilenB said:
Martyn B said:

Have you been on Karacho yet? I think that Gerstlauer has massively improved in the past years, so I can imagine this being quite good as well... :)

I didn't like Karacho, easily the worst of the four Gerst launchers I've ridden. Rattly, painfull seats and a launch that follows a drop to fast, causing my head to hit the seat like I'm in a wrestling match.

Novgorod is awesome though, hopefully this one will be too.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
That airtime hill looks utterly terrifyingly good...

The random loop-but-not-actually-a-loop mess of track is still weird though, I don't understand why they've done that...