What's new

Hansa Park | Highlander | Funtime Gyro Drop Tower

Pear

Strata Poster
Are the wind issues they're having with the Star Flyer simply as a result of the Karnan tower, or are there high winds off the lake that would badly affect any tall structure?
It's a mixture of both. The winds were already pretty high and adding a giant tower made them even worse.

Tulum

Mega Poster
Looks like we have to wait some hours until the announcement today. The park has allegedly invited press to an even this evening after the park's closure.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
I believe the big press event is at 18:30 (German time). Allegedly it will be live streamed as well.
Must say well done to Hansa for managing to keep it a secret in this day and age. There's been no leaks or major rumours whatsoever as to what type of attraction it will be.

Speculation ranges from various flat rides (drop towers in particular) to coasters (wooden, inverting spinning, etc.) to a small dark ride... But no one really knows for certain.
Given the large press conference and teasing that something big is coming I'd lean more towards a coaster. (Although I'm hoping for antique cars. :D)

Intrigued to find out!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Hansa Park's 2019 addition will be a Scottish themed 120m tall Gyro drop tower called Highlander. It will be the world's tallest Gyro Drop Tower and also feature tilting seats.
The drop itself will be 103m.

Source: Coastertainement on Facebook

It will be part of a new 'Britain' themed area including the existing Nessie coaster.

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Hansa Park's 2019 addition will be a Scottish themed 120m tall Gyro drop tower called Highlander. The world's tallest Gyro Drop Tower. It will also feature tilting seats.
So an Intamin Sky Jump, then, or something similar?

Wow! What a brilliant addition!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
- The seats will only tilt 30 degress (so @Matt N it will not be a sky jump like Falcon's Fury)

- The tower will be located in the middle of Nessie's helix. (where there used to be a lighthouse theming element)
9531163d1534526359-2019-neuheit-neue-attraktion-hansa-park-39387196_1957477434291091_5471950513069096960_n.jpg

9531164d1534526398-2019-neuheit-neue-attraktion-hansa-park-39468189_1957483450957156_7079069735555432448_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/coastertainmenttv/

EDIT: Funtime has now been confirmed as the manufacturer.

* Also just occurred to me that Zumanjaro, the world's tallest drop tower, is only 6m taller than this at 126m.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Och aye th'noo! Ah've nay bin this exceeted since ah walked thru the long grass in ma kilt!
120 metres - that's a monster of a drop tower! So what if there's another one just down the road at Heide? This one's bigger and tiltier and... Scottish, ayyyye! Please let there be bagpipes. And tartan seats. And haggis! Oh my god this is gonna be epic!

I also love how that Fb post describes the new area as 'Adorable Britain'. <insert Brexit joke here>.

Matt N

CF Legend
- The seats will only tilt 30 degress (so @Matt N it will not be a sky jump like Falcon's Fury)

- The tower will be located in the middle of Nessie's helix. (where there used to be a lighthouse theming element)
9531163d1534526359-2019-neuheit-neue-attraktion-hansa-park-39387196_1957477434291091_5471950513069096960_n.jpg

9531164d1534526398-2019-neuheit-neue-attraktion-hansa-park-39468189_1957483450957156_7079069735555432448_n.jpg

Source: https://www.facebook.com/coastertainmenttv/

EDIT: Funtime has now been confirmed as the manufacturer.

* Also just occurred to me that Zumanjaro, the world's tallest drop tower, is only 6m taller than this at 126m.
Ah right, so the seats will tilt more like Apocalypse at Drayton Manor's do. Thanks @CSLKennyNI!

Matt N

CF Legend
Yasssss.

Massive drop tower is one of the only times it’s OK not to be a cred.
It looks like Falcon's Fury, so I'm excited! I was personally hoping for a coaster, but I love the sound of a 400ft tilting drop tower!

Matt N

CF Legend
I mean, you’ve already been told on this page it won’t be like Falcon’s Fury...
OK, let me rephrase what I said above, then. It doesn't look like Falcon's Fury, but the tilting reminds me of Apocalypse at Drayton Manor, which is also awesome, and I never even did the tilting seats!

Besides, 400ft + drop tower + tilting = awesome, in my opinion! I know there are many who'd hate that, but I love drop towers, so this sounds really exciting for Hansa, if you ask me!

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
I have a love hate relationship with drop towers, absolutely terrified of them and always regret going on them whilst being taken up to the top but will never shy away from riding one. This ones a monster and will be absolutely grim!

Lofty

CF Legend
^ literally this.

Funtime Drop Towers pack a massive punch, too. Donjon de l'Extrême is ****ing terrifying.

People saying it could be Gerstlauer, no, Funtime and Gerstlauer have a close bond as they're both part of Ride Entertainment Group of Companies. Gerstlauer produced the restraints for Skyfall, an 80 metre high travelling drop tower - so it's no big news that they're collaborating on this project. I can't help but think it's something to do with the fact that this tower tilts at the top and the restraints that Funtime produce are REALLY open and only actually restrain you on your legs.

maxresdefault.jpg