Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sheikra

• Either

• Total voters

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
Ive been on SheiKra and it was brilliant! However, the drop on Oblivion is more forceful.

I haven't been on Griffon but it looks better than SheiKra, but you can't say without riding both.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Did you know that there's an edit button to eliminate the need for double posts?

Ben

CF Legend
Sheikra!

Griffon is cool, but, it's basically the same thing twice, on a ever decreasing scale. Boo.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Griffon!

It's bigger & better than SheiKra. Simple as...

Besides I have to disagree with Ben, now don't I? :p

CP6, Have you ridden SheiKra? If so, what's your opinion?

Ben

CF Legend
East Coast(er) General said:
It's bigger & better than SheiKra. Simple as...

Sheikra's longer though, which just stands testament to the fact it does more than Griffon :wink:

And it's prettier by far.

Griffon is actually a coaster I have a desire to ride, and even though SheiKra looks good, it still doesn't look as good as Griffon, both layout-wise, and aesthetically.

Jools

Giga Poster
Griffon is taller and has 2 inversions, so even though I havn't been on either, it just sells better IMO, and gavin, be nice to n00bs please, because trust me when I say, when I was a n00by n00b, I felt like I wasn't wanted on the forums :? , well okay, your posts weren't like threatening or anything, they just seemed sarcastic in a distastful way.

Mike T

Mega Poster
^Actually its only taller by 12 inches... SheiKra stands 204 ft at its apex, with a first drop of 200 ft. The 4 foot difference is needed to advance the train around the U-turn at the top of the lift. Griffon is 205 feet. It also drops 205 - because of its ability to travel below grade. Pretty interesting ay?

A

Anonymous

^^^Very interesting.

I would go with Griffon. It has the extra inversion and the view from the top is better in my opinion.

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
The winner is Griffon for sure (but not by much). I like Dive Loops or Immelmanns. Having
one more of those is better than having a banked turn like on SheiKra. The first drop takes you underneath a bridge. That is very cool. I also like the two small airtime hills just before and after
the water splash.

HarryBoyy

Mega Poster
I think that Griffon is better because the force is better than sheikra's, and the drop feels faster on griffon, but I have to admit they both are amazing coasters.

madhjsp

Giga Poster
Griffon, for several reasons.

1) Someone already mentioned the view from Griffon and this is a good point. When you crest the lift hill and turn to approach the drop you get a nice panoramic look at the James River heading out toward the Chesapeake Bay.

2) I'll take another immelman over a long banked turn any day.

3) It has nice little pops of airtime before the splash and before the brake run, which Sheikra doesn't have.

4) The cars are 1 seat wider on each side. I don't know if this makes too much difference, but I think it's generally agreed upon that the farther removed you are from riding right over the track, the more exciting a dive machine is.