Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sheikra

• Either

• Total voters

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
I prefer Griffon because the floorless aspect makes the drop and the splashdown into the helix seem more intense. I like them both but I think Griffon is more thrilling.

RCF

Strata Poster
I think the thing that takes away from SheiKra is that, it doesn't have the greatest layout. I've been on both but, Griffon is the BEST. Great layout, great ride.

Ben

CF Legend
^Sheikra has a better layout that Griffon, it's not just someone reaching the MCBR and going "So, what do we do with the rest?" "Eh, it's late, copy and paste the first part, add a water splash, and lets go home".

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Ben, why do I always know what you are going to reply before I even read it? :roll:

marc

CF Legend
CoasterKing said:
I prefer Griffon because the floorless aspect makes the drop and the splashdown into the helix seem more intense. I like them both but I think Griffon is more thrilling.

They are both floorless.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Not quite Marc. SkeiKra has a large floor section undern the middle seats. Only the four outside seats are floorless. Griffon only has a very small half floor under the two middle seats, leaving the eight other seats floorless.

Snoo

The Legend
Ben said:
"Eh, it's late, copy and paste the first part, add a water splash, and lets go home".

Of course, with Sheikra they said "Well.. hell.. we have no room and need this to finish somehow.. so lets make two boring turns and a water splash next to the path. Oo.. and add a hole.. maybe those Oblivion fanboys will like it."

Epic.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
^WIN! :p

I guess the floor under the middle two seats on SheiKra seems bigger because the trains are so much smaller. :wink:

Ben

CF Legend
SnooSnoo said:
Ben said:
"Eh, it's late, copy and paste the first part, add a water splash, and lets go home".

Of course, with Sheikra they said "Well.. hell.. we have no room and need this to finish somehow.. so lets make two boring turns and a water splash next to the path. Oo.. and add a hole.. maybe those Oblivion fanboys will like it."

Epic.

At least it's different :wink:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Sheikra doesn't have a hole. It's a bit of tubing around a little drop. It's a holette :p

I doubt there can be that much difference between the two to be honest ;)

wolverinechris

Mega Poster
Ah; this brings back memories from my early days here...at that time Oblivion was in the poll as well and we got to have a nice argue about that...

Anyhow, I've now been on Sheikra, and I have to say, I prefer it to Griffon. And there was definitely a noticeable difference for me at least.

That said, I'm not the wildest fan of dive machines in general.

PLCP

Mega Poster
Griffon is better. It wasn't really the extra Immelman, (tbh that didn't make too much of a difference) but it was the two pops of airtime that did it for me.

A

Anonymous

SHEIKRA OR GRIFFON

I BEEN ON BOTH THERE BOTH EXACLY THE SAME

Rush

Giga Poster
No you haven't and no they're not.

Despite only being on Griffon, I'd say it's slightly better. Sheikra may have the nicer surroundings but Griffon has one of the lushest paint jobs ever.

I too would take the bunny hops and extra immelmann over a banked turn.

Also Griffon's outer two seats are amazing! Really feels so weird hanging over the drop with absolutely nothing beneath you.

Saying that Sheikra looks amazing too! Dive Machines. <3