What's new

Gröna Lund | Monster | B&M Invert | 2021

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Not arsed about he name but do think this will look pretty monstrous just because of its setting in the park, towering over and inbetween the buildings.

Bonjo

Roller Poster
^I never really liked the idea of calling it Blue Harvest - it just didn't seem to make sense. Glad it was just a project name.

Monster's an okay name; does the job. Could have been a bit more creative though really.

The name Blue Harvest origins from another working title of a quite successful project:

"Blue Harvest was a fake working title used to hide the 1982 production of Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi, the third installment of the Star Wars film series."

Toboggan

Roller Poster
"Monster" is of course a name that takes genius and originality to the extreme. Especially since we already have an Inverter with the same name in Europe. You have to celebrate several nights with a good vintage of the "Blue Harvest" before such a golden name appears in the sky.

cookie

Giga Poster
I mean anyone who knows the meaning behind Blue Harvest knew it wasn't going to be the final name. Monster is hardly original, but I'll take it.

Kalistos

Mega Poster
Disappointed by the name. Not only is it lacking of originality but it will also be super confusing when talking about this one or the one in France. I guess my best hopes would be to see the French one change its name.

Tom P

Roller Poster
It is kinda weird that there will be two B&M inverts called 'Monster' in Europe....but then, there used to be two B&M inverts in the USA called 'Top Gun' until they both got renamed in 2007

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Disappointed by the name. Not only is it lacking of originality but it will also be super confusing when talking about this one or the one in France. I guess my best hopes would be to see the French one change its name.

I mean, this is only going to be a problem for the tiniest percentage of people really, so it's hardly the end of the world in that respect.

I was surprised that according to rcdb, this will only be the third coaster in the world called Monster currently. I was expecting it to be much more common. But it's just such a bland-sounding name, and so easy to be improved upon. What type of 'monster' is it? Call it that! What's the name of the monster? Call it that instead!

It would be like calling rides like Nemesis, Banshee, Rougarou, Weerwolf, etc Monster. Or Tatsu, Dragon. Just a little bit of push and the name would have be 10x cooler.

davidm

Strata Poster
Two inverts on the same continent with the same name? Oh the humanity!

And why is New Orleans (RIP) the only one with a colon?
What does that mean? What can we read into it? The mystery deepens! It's all a conspiracy you know! FAKE NEWS!!!!!!

Mon:ster?

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
If enthusiasts are up in arms over having 4 repeated Monster names across the world of roller coasters, they'd better not search for "Goliath", "Blue Streak", or, the worst: "Corkscrew" :p

I am still holding out hope to rebook our Sweden/Denmark trip for next year; who knows when this coaster gets commissioned, but here's hoping for a late spring opening!

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
For me it's more the fact that it's new and still happening. We've had time to get over and laugh at the countless rides that share names already existing but I thought we were in a more golden age of rides and marketing now, with parks having a greater awareness of the industry and drive to stand out on a larger scale. Wouldn't anyone in this position want to, on the off chance it became the greatest ride in the world, make it a globally unique brand? I'd love to know how much thought went into it, because to not do that just seems lazy.
Just a little bit of push and the name would have be 10x cooler.
That's the crux of it. Of course it's no big deal but it wouldn't have been difficult.