Gigs 'n' Tours

davidm

Strata Poster
furie said:
Madame_Furie is jealous....

ATTACKHAMMER said:
That sounds epic. I am so jealous...

Re:pearl Jam:

They are headlining the Isle of Wight on Saturday (the Manc gigs were warm up shows really) - so still time to nip over to the muddy island...?

....but seriously (since if you were going, you'd already be there by now!), SkyArts1 are showing the festival live this weekend, so theres a good chance PJ will be on that on Sat.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Re:pearl Jam:

They are headlining the Isle of Wight on Saturday (the Manc gigs were warm up shows really) - so still time to nip over to the muddy island...?

....but seriously (since if you were going, you'd already be there by now!), SkyArts1 are showing the festival live this weekend, so theres a good chance PJ will be on that on Sat.

I'm just watching it now some soul singer is on:( I will sky+ Pearl Jam tomorrow.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Marina and the Diamonds on Friday was brilliant. I've seen her before, but had crap seats and didn't get into it as much as I'd have liked.

This time the venue was fab (Manchester Cathedral) but small enough that it didn't matter where you were. We still managed to get about 5-6 people deep from the front though.

She sang a really good mix of stuff from the new and old album, which I was happy about since I actually prefer the old one slightly, which included all of my personal favourites. She sang really well, especially on the slower songs, looked awesome, kind of like a "cute" version of Sharon Tate in Valley of the Dolls, and generally seemed much more comfortable and confident on stage than I remembered her from last time.

So yeah, had an excellent time.

Not my videos, as I like to watch the actual concerts I go to rather than a 2 inch screen, but from the same night, just a few rows further forward.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEoGKoX4hmA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPErFjFProg[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vURM3pBwbKA&feature=plcp[/youtube]

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Saw guns n' roses in Glasgow last month, it was brilliant, they played three hours, finishing at 1:30am. Download Festival a couple of weeks ago as well, also brilliant, despite the weather! Haven't got anything else planned for the future - desperate for an update on when Iron Maiden will be bringing the Maiden England tour to the UK! :D

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
Harvey said:
Saw guns n' roses in Glasgow last month, it was brilliant, they played three hours, finishing at 1:30am. Download Festival a couple of weeks ago as well, also brilliant, despite the weather! Haven't got anything else planned for the future - desperate for an update on when Iron Maiden will be bringing the Maiden England tour to the UK! :D

I really hope they do, I saw them in 2011, at the moment they are in North America :cry:

Lofty

CF Legend
McFly, The Wanted & Lawson yesterday.
Most fun at a gig, EVER. It was great. It pissed it down until we were in the arena (which was outside), soon s we were in, the clouds **** off and it was sunny. Amazing time to be had <3

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Nicki Minaj last night was awesome.

To be honest, since buying the tickets ages ago, I've been starting to get a bit sick of her. I wasn't really holding out much hope that she'd be any good live either, but she was actually excellent, performing a really good mix of older and newer stuff.

The support act, Stooshe, were really good as well.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Marina Diamandis <3

So stoked I bought tickets to see BTBAM, anyone who's a fan of Dream Theater or Opeth should seriously, seriously check these out. They're unbelievable. The lead guitarist actually makes John Petrucci look like your average musician, and I absolutely love Petrucci. Plus they have a 70 minute song!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13wM7Iqdzb8&feature=related[/youtube]

T0M

Hyper Poster
70s punk band the Undertones on Saturday just gone - in an old picture house in the town where Last of the Summer Wine was filmed...

Next up is Blur on 5 August!

T0M

Hyper Poster
ATTACKHAMMER said:
Tom G said:
70s punk band the Undertones on Saturday just gone - in an old picture house in the town where Last of the Summer Wine was filmed...

Were they good? I have one their albums.

Yes, they are a great enegetic live band. It's the fourth time I've seen them. Usually less than £20 as well so pop along if they're ever in your area.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Tom G said:

That's the Holmfirth Picturedrome, seen a few bands there as I lived around four miles down the road until January, not a bad little venue is it?

T0M

Hyper Poster
Harvey said:
Tom G said:

That's the Holmfirth Picturedrome, seen a few bands there as I lived around four miles down the road until January, not a bad little venue is it?

Yeah it's cool. Quite strange setup with the balconies etc but I guess it's an old cinema after all. It's very intimate and I'd love for it to be closer than the 80-odd miles/90 mins from me it is at the minute.

Will

Strata Poster
Kebab said:
They're unbelievable. The lead guitarist actually makes John Petrucci look like your average musician...
No. I've listened to BtBaM and appreciate that its all very impressive, technical stuff, but despite that, I can't get through a whole album (or 70 minute song) of it at once, it's just... too much - not knowing where the music's going to be from one minute to the next makes it more interesting, but the excessively heavy vocals can grate quite quickly, especially as his clean voice is quite so good!!

On a completely different note, I'm going to see Stereophonics in stupid Cambridge on Wednesday night :) Possibly the lightest gig I've ever been to, but some times it's nice to let my inner pop/rock fan out to play, and I'm assured they'll put on an awesome show. We shall see, looking forward to it :)

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
On a completely different note, I'm going to see Stereophonics in stupid Cambridge on Wednesday night :) Possibly the lightest gig I've ever been to, but some times it's nice to let my inner pop/rock fan out to play, and I'm assured they'll put on an awesome show. We shall see, looking forward to it :)

Cambridge is a great place! The Corn Exchange is a bit small though.

tks

Strata Poster
MADONNA ON SATURDAY WITH GAVIN.

529059_10151953834830188_569893738_n.jpg