What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Shockwave said:
The Sword @The Hop & Grape, Manchester, 28/3/08

I saw them with Clutch last year...most hellacious night of my life.[/quote]

The Sword are just metal as ****.

I went to see Despised Icon and Misery Index the other night. Was pretty good. Shame about all the fringe kids though.

Bracewar have cancelled which is disappointing as they would have been ****ing awesome.

But I got tickets for Dillinger Escape Plan and Every Time I Die on Monday jsut gone, so that makes up for it a little.

And Ignite are playing over here in May, which makes up a lot.

Dave

CF Legend
^ Yeah, who cares.

Anyway, I heard the Download Festival 2008 line up could be announced tomorrow. It looks to be even more suckier than last year.

So far the main rumours for each night are ****.

E-Festivals said:
Friday 13 June
Kiss - strong rumour
Judas Priest - strong rumour
Saturday 14 June
The Offspring - strong rumour
Incubus - strong rumour
Romeo Must Die - to be confirmed
Sunday 15 June
Lostprophets - strong rumour
Fall Out Boy - strong rumour
unknown day
36 Crazyfists - rumour
Alter Bridge - rumour
Apocalyptica - strong rumour
Bullet For My Valentine - rumour
Coheed & Cambria - strong rumour
Devildriver - rumour
Evile - rumour
Fightstar - rumour
new in the last 5 days -
Hanzel und Gretyl - rumour
HIM - strong rumour
In Flames - strong rumour
Job For A Cowboy - rumour
Lordi - rumour
Madina Lake - rumour
Meshuggah - strong rumour
Nightwish - rumour
Stone Gods - rumour
Ze Suicide - strong rumour

Like almost no one on there.

At the moment im hoping Muse, Rammstein and Kiss headline. As that be great.
Not what I think might be the case Bullet for My Valentine, The Offspring/Lostprophets, KISS.

If so then Download can kiss my arse and im going to Wacken or Rock AM Ring.

Matt

Roller Poster
Download announcement is:

Kiss, Judas Priest, Offspring, HIM and Lostprophets.

Will be officially announced at midnight on kerrang.com, if you don't believe me :p

Tomatron

Giga Poster

Kraken

Roller Poster
Epic LOL at the Download announcement! :lol:

Already booked off the two weekends for Bloodstock and Reading, so looks like I'm doing those two now. Will get my Bloodstock ticket straight after next payday, then hopefully Reading on release day... if I can. What an awesome two weeks that will be! :p

Wacken I'd love to do but I just can't get over there, and it's the week BEFORE my 18th, meaning it would be annoying not getting served, lol. Bring on t3h summer though! :D

Matt

Roller Poster
Motorhead and Rise Against have been added to the Download annoucement, so its looking better.

Bullet for My Valentine and Coheed and Cambria will be announced next I believe, as both have tours ending this week. That probably means Fightstar and Madina Lake will be announced too, but i'm not 100% on that.

(if anyone cares :p)

Karen

Hyper Poster
Hmmm Download.....Him on the Saturday might get me buying a day ticket.

OK vid from last saturday's 30 seconds to mars gig. :)

mrclam

Giga Poster
Matt said:
Download announcement is:

Kiss, Judas Priest, Offspring, HIM and Lostprophets.

Will be officially announced at midnight on kerrang.com, if you don't believe me :p

Kiss alone would be worth the laugh of going.

Offspring were good the last time i saw them live (about 10 years ago)... Didnt realise they were still going :lol:

Is download the realm of the old fart rock band who should be now collecting their p45's?

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Kiss, JP, Offspring are all great bands. Lostprophets are sh*t and Ian Watkins can suck my c*ck. HIM are ok but shouldn't be at Download. Didn't they learn anything when they opened for Metallica at Wembley?

Harvey

Hyper Poster
So far:

Downlaod Festival, 13th/15th June.
Iron Maiden, Oslo, 24th July.
Iron Maiden, Gothenburg, 26th July.
Wacken, Open Air, 31st July/2nd August.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
I've just been to:

Avenged Sevenfold - They were bloody brilliant, loads better than what I thought they were going to be!

Linkin Park - Were awsome, AGAIN! Not as good as what they were at Download, but still pretty good. Biffy Clyro were amazing too, one of those bands that are so much better life than on CD!

Kerrang Tour - Only really went for Fightstar, and they were outstanding. Madina Lake were a bit boring to be honest, but all the 14 year olds liked them. Then they all left for when Coheed & Cambria came on, who were great. But Fightstar really did make the evening.

Still Remains - Their only headlining show in the UK, absolutley amazing. The best gig of my entire life. Even met them afterwards and got them all to sign my ticket. They're my favourite band in the entire world. Simply amazing.

As fo Download, I'm getting a ticket. The bands are alright, but it's worth going just to get wasted with your mates afterwards, seeing decent bands is like a bonus in a way! The Offspring, Kiss and Rise Against are the highlights for me so far. Lostprophets are pretty good, in my opinion, but Ian Watkins ia big headed twat. He called us all aliens last year at Leeds Fest because we said it was 2007, n he said it was 2006. Twat.

Karen

Hyper Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Kiss, JP, Offspring are all great bands. Lostprophets are sh*t and Ian Watkins can suck my c*ck. HIM are ok but shouldn't be at Download. Didn't they learn anything when they opened for Metallica at Wembley?

Well Him aren't making the mistake of being on the main stage this year (too much bright light for the poor dears tehe) but headlining the 2nd stage/tent on the saturday which to me is defo better.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I guess it is all right if they are playing the second tent. It is just with the reception MCR got on the main stage last year, I don't think Valo's lyrics would go down well with many Download attendes. Everyone is going to leave that tent coughing if you get my drift.

Oh and bezzzzer or whatever your name is, I saw still remains last week and thought they were brilliant. Probably better than the headliners seeing as they were only a support act.

Matt

Roller Poster
Went to the Kerrang tour last night. Coheed & Cambria and the tech crew had a fight with Madina Lake [as in, a proper one]. It was lolz.

Got on the guestlist for Sum 41 in a few weeks too! Immature and free. Awesome.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Went to see Municipal Waste in Stoke last night, it was lot of fun. Some guy even had a bodyboard and did some proper crowdsurfing. :lol:

Furious Styles and DEP next week, it's looking very good.