What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Almost

Hyper Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
Almost you like Aiden, that shows your music taste sucks balls ;) Tit

Lets not talk about that time in my life.

I have NO IDEA what I was thinking.

My top 10 bands now are:

1. Thursday
2. Brand New
3. Thrice
4. Bayside
5. Brand New
6. Iron & Wine
7. Radiohead
8. The Format
9. The National
10. Minus the Bear

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Live Nation United Kingdom have today announced that KoRn singer Jonathan Davis will be joining the lineup of the 2008 Download Festival.

According to the festival's official website, Davis, Job For a Cowboy & 36 Crazyfists have been confirmed to perform at the three-day event.

The date and stage on which the vocalist is due to perform on at the festival is currently undisclosed.

Tickets for the festival, which takes place between Friday, 13 June - Sunday, 16 June at Donington Park, are available to purchase now online for £130 (weekend).

Jonathan Davis is no stranger to the Download having played the festival three times, although owing to illness Davis had to drop out of 2006's festival with his bandmates continuing on with guest vocalists.

2007 marked KoRn's return to form and it is certain Jonathan will be out to impress on his first solo Download outing.

Lucky people if you are going.

A

Anonymous

I went to see the Hoosiers on Monday night, and they were amazing, for my first ever gig, they have set a hell of a marker to beat performance wise. I love every single second of it, the last song they performed was Worried About Ray, and not one peron stood still during it, the whole floor was moving, the energy and atmosphere were amazing!

I took some videos but the bass drum drounds out all the sound so its hard to hear anything, so I won't upload unless you want me to.

Smithy

Strata Poster
^

Why would he want to mosh to The Hoosiers?

Some people enjoy listening to live music without being a twat by trying to injure peope ;)

Dave

CF Legend
Smithy said:
^

Why would he want to mosh to The Hoosiers?

Some people enjoy listening to live music without being a twat by trying to injure peope ;)

OH but its fun sometimes, well mostly when fitzy witzty is there.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Moshing isn't about injuring people. That is only if you are a complete dick head. It is just about slamming into people and not that gay ass thing where all the scene kids wave their arms about. It isn't ****ing PE.

Bitter

Mega Poster
Just got back from seeing The Young Knives in an in-store performance, and they were fantastic. Because there weren't many people there we all could just enjoy the music instead of being "slammed" into by stupid people *cough*.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
^Exactly. I wouldn't want to go to that sort of gig where people can't just watch a band play.

I could wax lyrical about moshing, for two reasons. One because I can do it well without all that bull**** pushing ****, and two because I've been to that many gigs to know what I'm talking about.

Most of it is ****. I'm talking about the generic metal crap here that is showcased at big gigs such as arenas and huge venues. Good moshing is reserved only for hardcore shows in small venues with a select crowd where people know what they're doing and have a bit of finesse.

===========

Time to pass judgement. I'm an elitist ****er. :lol:

Almost said:
My top 10 bands now are:

1. Thursday - Very good band.
2. Brand New - Also very good.
3. Thrice - Have gone a bit toss since AITA, but Deadbolt (from the second album is a choon).
4. Bayside - Can't comment, still haven't listened to much that Victory Records put out since they went ****.
5. Brand New - Not good enough enough to out them twice! :p
6. Iron & Wine - Can't comment
7. Radiohead - Agreed. One band I'd like top see before I die.
8. The Format - Can't comment.
9. The National - As above.
10. Minus the Bear - ****ing love this band.

Only joking, it's all swings and roundabouts. But for the mostpart it's very good.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Projeckt Revoloution is coming to the UK to do a one off gig in Milton Keynes. It has Linkin Park headlining and other bands will be announced. Definatley getting tickets for that.

Almost

Hyper Poster
Shockwave said:
Time to pass judgement. I'm an elitist dick. :lol:

Everyone has some elitist in them.

Shockwave said:
Almost said:
My top 10 bands now are:

1. Thursday - Very good band.
2. Brand New - Also very good.
3. Thrice - Have gone a bit toss since AITA, but Deadbolt (from the second album is a choon).
4. Bayside - Can't comment, still haven't listened to much that Victory Records put out since they went ****.
5. Brand New - Not good enough enough to out them twice! :p
6. Iron & Wine - Can't comment
7. Radiohead - Agreed. One band I'd like top see before I die.
8. The Format - Can't comment.
9. The National - As above.
10. Minus the Bear - **** love this band.

If you enjoy MTB, Radiohead, and Brand New I'd definitely recommend you Iron & Wine and The National.

Bayside is the only Victory records band I can even stand as they aren't the typical Victory formula. I love the emotion Anthony sings with and the solos are amazing.

I love the new Thrice stuff as well. TAITA was so generic.

Shockwave said:
Only joking, it's all swings and roundabouts. But for the mostpart it's very good.

I can only assume your list would be very good too.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Reel Big Fish was awesome. Just awesome. I personally think they are better live, but that might just be the atmosphere...

The support band, Streetlight Manifesto were good too.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Flyleaf were awesome but the support band were effing rubbish. So onto Flyleaf. Tiny venue and holds about 500 people so was pretty packed. Tiny stage with low ceiling so naturally the stage space was resticted. Pat (bassist) still managed to go insane and head bang and jump around though. He came within milimetres of twatting his head on the ceiling though which was quite funny and nearly knocked Lacey over on the way down. Good gig overall and defintley better than they were at Brixton. I didn't actually get back home until 01:30 so I am pretty tired having about 4 hour sleep.

Almost

Hyper Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Flyleaf were awesome but the support band were effing rubbish. So onto Flyleaf. Tiny venue and holds about 500 people so was pretty packed. Tiny stage with low ceiling so naturally the stage space was resticted. Pat (bassist) still managed to go insane and head bang and jump around though. He came within milimetres of twatting his head on the ceiling though which was quite funny and nearly knocked Lacey over on the way down. Good gig overall and defintley better than they were at Brixton. I didn't actually get back home until 01:30 so I am pretty tired having about 4 hour sleep.

Do you seriously like that band?

They are TERRRRRRRIBLE. How do you like Thursday among the rest of your bands.