What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Richie

Hyper Poster
I'm going to see Kate Nash on March the 2nd at Rock City in NOTTINGHAM.

I kinda don't like kate that much anymore, but I had to go anyway. I just hope she plays her best song, Caroline's A Victim.

katenash1.jpg

And to Ian, the campness continues! :D

Kate isn't quite as bad as Girls Aloud though... ewww.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Urgh, Kate Nash and ****ing terrible cockney accent.

Pronoucned accents in music should be left to the northerners as that sounds cool.

Take southern accents in songs - Dido, Kate Nash, that bloke that sings Torn of the Platform - they sound horrible (even though I have a cockney twinge to my accent I still hate it).

It's that ****ing mockney sound. It's 'orible.

I feel better now.

nadroJ

CF Legend
Uuurgh Kate Nash?! Gross, what's with all the london accented singers all of a sudden.

Macrae said:
Same. I don't love Avenged Sevenfold (I used to be obsessed with them in the 'Waking The Fallen' days haha) but my friend got me a ticket and It'll be a fun trip down, so It's worth a go. Brixton Academy if I'm not mistaken?

Woo I get to see you =D Do you still look the same? God so many people are going to that gig. I'm really excited now.

David

Mega Poster
Just ordered tickets to see Simple Plan on 27th January at The Electric Ballroom.

Should be awesome. There a band I've wanted to see for quite a while, so I hope they live up to expectations.

Macrae

Roller Poster
nadroj123 said:
Woo I get to see you =D Do you still look the same? God so many people are going to that gig. I'm really excited now.

Yeah :) I look way different now (I think), shorter hair and a few years older. I'm still trying to get off work to go so I'm not 100% as of yet *crosses fingers*. Would be cool to see you though!

Ben

CF Legend
tks said:
Girls Aloud in May.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. :D

It's so lame, all my stupid friends went last year, and now no-one will go with me.

I wanna see them so much </3

And stupid Kate doesn't think Northampton's good enough for her latest tour, bitch.

tks

Strata Poster
nadroj123 said:
Uuurgh Kate Nash?! Gross, what's with all the london accented singers all of a sudden.

Thankgod someone else agrees, and Ian aswell!

I swear all their accents are just faked because they think it makes them sound good, where in reality, no offence to any cockneys but it sounds so damn common and just ugh. I bet she's a high class bint who's father is in a Polo club or something.

Death to Lily Allen aswell please, and gutted to the guy who knocked her up, thats gonna be one UGLY baby.

Aww thats a shame Ben, I have 4 FABBB friends who i'm going with, it's going to be insannnnnne woooop. :D

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I hate Kate Nash and all those so called "Indie" bands. It's not so much their style all though I really don't like it, as the fact that they do those fake English accents even when they are.

Johnny Rotten was the only guy to ever pull of being deliberatley English.

Indie was something that happened in the 90's with bands like the Stone Roses, Oasis (They are more Britpop though), Travis etc. Not this ****e.

Matt

Roller Poster
Due to my friends mum dating a tour bus driver, I've managed to get hold of free tickets to Korn on the 25th [missed them at Download but no way was I paying £27.50 for them] so it'd be worth the £2 train fare for flyleaf/deathstars alone [and they'll inevitably played freak on a leash which is a bonus]. Also got a free Coheed and Cambria ticket for February.

Damn, if only this'd happened before I forked out £55 for my 'Maiden ticket :'(

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I am going to both of those gigs. Might see you there.

The set list is as follows for the Uk leg of the tour and a couple of songs vary but no need to worry. All the classic stuff is on there.

Setlist:
Untitled Intro
Right Now
Starting Over
Love Song
Adidas
Hold On
Falling Away From Me
Coming Undone/We Will Rock You
Here To Stay
Faget
Trash
Helmet in the Bush
Freak On A Leash
Bottled Up Inside
Kiss
Evolution
Ass Itch
ENCORE
Blind
Ever Be
Got The Life

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Just got back from the koRn show and it was bloody amazing. Got to Brixton at 4.30 and queued outside until 7 when we got in. For a minute I thought JD was going to come out because a door round the back opened but it was just for delivery. Got a shirt for ten quid and a hoodie for 15 which should have been 20 but the dude selling them let me off.

After 15 minutes Deathstars came on and did a pretty good set. Nothing special but at least they did Blitzkgrieg.

Then Flyleaf played. All I can say is,,awwww Lacey is cute. She is like 4ft something I swear but she is pretty and has an incredible voice. Their bass player jumped of a speaker about 13 foot, I swear and nearly broke his ankle.

So after they finished we started up a "WE WANT KORN" chant. I was in the 2nd row right in front of where JD would be. After a while people were pushing and the chant developed into "WE WANT AIR!".

JD's HR GIGER mic stand was brought out under a cloth to deafening cheers and when it was whipped off everyone went nuts.

Lights out, whole place is screaming and then the intro from the Untitled album starts which changes into Right Now. Seeing Fieldy run on was unreal but when I saw Jonathan and I nearly shat my pants because I couldn't belive the guy that means EVERYTHING to me was standing a meter away from me and wearing his kilt as usual. The crowd went ****ing balistic moshing and none of us could breathe. There were medics pulling people out because they were all passing out. I kept getting kicked in the face by crowd surfers and the set continued in its awesomeness. They played some old **** like Faget and Helmet In The Bush which was begun by JD's bagpipe solo from Shoots & Ladders.

Here to stay got one of the biggest moshes ever and being right at the front was incredible. The first guitar comes in crackling so that you can barely hear it before you get blown over by a wall of sound. Bodies went flying.

By this time I was in sever discomfort. I couldn't breathe at all. My back was killing me and someones elbow was in my neck. I had been kicked in the face more times than I care to metion and the lack of oxygen was making me feel on the verge of passing out.

I kept going through their epic 21 song set and when the encore came they began with Blind (naturally) This got the biggest mosh of the evening, I managed to get moved from the 2nd row right into the centre of the room and centre of the circle pit. That was WICKED.

They finally finished with Got The Life which had everyone bouncing up and down.

I went and got my stuff back, got a much needed glass of water then went outside and puked my ****ing guts up. And you know what. I would do it all again because it was amazing.

Matt

Roller Poster
^ Umm yeah..it was good. :p Thought I saw you in Nandos Dan, but I guess not.

Coming Undone/We Will Rock You was the best, but lack of Make Me Bad was poo. Pits were great though.

tks

Strata Poster
^ The words, oh dear, why on earth, and earplugs come to mind when you mention Sweetkorn.

Well, aswell as Girls Aloud in May, Bjork in April, I may be seeing Alicia Keys next month at the 02! :D It's a good year so far.
I did miss the Spice Girls though. :(

nadroJ

CF Legend
Well not to change the subject away from the oh so powerful and almighty KoRn :wink: but I saw Avenged Sevenfold on Thursday. They played an OK set, Beast and the Harlot was phenomenal as always but everything else was just good I would say. Can't beat the atmosphere at a metal gig though.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Don't go to gigs much but in the evening of 16th Feb after Thorpe, going to see UK Guns N Roses.

Yes they are a tribute band and I have been to see them before in Burgess Hill Sussex, but they are at Redhill that night and really look forward to seeing them again.

They are so good that if you just listened and didn't look at them the music is just the same as Guns, and the lead singer looks very similar and goes through all the close changes Axl did. Really loud and energetic, if you like there music well worth a look at.

http://www.ukgunsnroses.com/

Kraken

Roller Poster
Made a totally spontaneous decision to go and see Linkin Park yesterday, Found out tickets were going back on sale at about 7:30am, snapped up 2 seated tickets in school about 12pm, left Cheltenham at 2 and was at the O2 just in time to start. Was absolutely amazing! Not as good as they were at Download I didn't think, but that was more about the atmosphere. Sang my heart out and now my throat hurts like hell, but damn it was worth it! :D