What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

nadroJ

CF Legend
Wen to see Hellogoodbye last friday, it was such a fun show! Jst like a big party with happy bouncy music. Really really good, I'd definitely see them again. And it was at Brixton which is my favourite venue by far.

thx

Mega Poster
Went to see Judge Jules for about two weeks ago on Sunday, when I got to the doors, the bouncer said that he won't be playing tonight, that was quite a dissapointment, however as I had a free entry ticket, it wasn't that bad, I did go in as I wanted to check out the club 'Royal Onnela' , which is Scandinavia's biggest and their age limit is otherwise 24. The place was cool and really big, the music wasn't as cool, Finnish dj Alex Kunnari with K-system had some nice tunes, but most of it was quite boring.

Last week 9.12, I went to see the highly anticipated Tiësto at Studio51 (yes, it's named after Studio 54), also a venue with an age limit of 24 (except for some gigs), so it was cool to check it out, the place was really good for a gig at least for the about 1500 people, I think,.
Anyway, onto the event. Missed the first warm-up artist Käpa. Same Alex Kunnari continued, with a better set, played a few calm ISOS6 tunes and the new track 'Lifter' was pretty good too.

Tiësto played for 3 hours, the first hour was alright, then 'the set' gradually improved a lot, became great and awesome, even if the finishing was a bit weak. Also he played like 6 new songs, but no classics, like 'Traffic' and 'Adagio For Strings', which is however understandable given how often he's played them before. Got a bit sweaty after a while, luckily there were some cooling streams they let in later.
Most of the gig was usual melodic stuff (there were only two vocal-tracks if I remember right), but there were also surprisingly much progressive and 'hard' sounds. Anyway, it was a great night. Also bought pre-sale tickets for Armin's gig which is 3 (2)days before my birthday, cool.

a few photos, from last week's gig and one of Royal Onnela also taken a week ago, since I walked past the club, on my way home.
aTistoHKInightetc078.jpg

aTistoHKInightetc057.jpg

aTistoHKInightetc052.jpg

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Went to Earls Court in london on saturday to see the Kaiser Chiefs. Its one of the best concerts ive been to and everyone in the audiance was jumping along which was an amazing sight. Managed to get to the very front of the stage and got an awesome show.

LaurasBirthday015.jpg

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Bullet For My Valentine - Brighton Dome 30th Jan

That is 5 days after the Korn show so in 2008 I am seeing

Korn
Flyleaf
Deathstars
Bullet For My Valentine
Iron Maiden + Guest

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
Almost said:
I'm going to see Thursday and Circa Survive tonight at Starland Ballroom.

Great way to bring in '08.

Thursday are brilliant live. I garuntee there will be a mosh to "At This Velocity". The whole place went ****ing nuts when I saw them.

John91

Mega Poster
danielfitzgerald99 said:
Bullet For My Valentine - Brighton Dome 30th Jan

That is 5 days after the Korn show so in 2008 I am seeing

Korn
Flyleaf
Deathstars
Bullet For My Valentine
Iron Maiden + Guest

I only envy you for the Iron Maiden show. And that's only because it's at the hallowed ground :'( I wanna go to Twickenham again.

Lewis

Hyper Poster
peep said:
Whereas the second band was awesome it was these two guys who used all these computers to create some random sounds, coming together to create some awesome Techno rave music, the crowd went crazy for them but no one knows who they were which was really annoying.

They are Simian Mobile Disco

and there ****ing awesome :D

nadroJ

CF Legend
Well I have tickets for Aveneged Sevenfold on Jan 24th and Paramore Feb 1st, so those should be good. I'm really looking forward to them actually.

Karen

Hyper Poster
30seconds to Mars not far off now woop. Nothing else booking yet for this year! Shock Horror!

Macrae

Roller Poster
Cockney Rejects - 9th February - Mean Fiddler (I refuse to call it 'Astoria 2')
Bon Jovi - 22nd February - Manchester City Stadium. Its worth going for the air grabs and key changes alone. And also because Stadium gigs are cool.
Rebellion Festival - April - VIENNA. Whoo.

nadroj123 said:
I have tickets for Aveneged Sevenfold on Jan 24th

Same. I don't love Avenged Sevenfold (I used to be obsessed with them in the 'Waking The Fallen' days haha) but my friend got me a ticket and It'll be a fun trip down, so It's worth a go. Brixton Academy if I'm not mistaken?

Karen

Hyper Poster
Karen said:
30seconds to Mars not far off now woop. Nothing else booking yet for this year! Shock Horror!

Just booked tickets to see Aiden with Kill Hannah supporting April 5th at Rock city woop woop.

Soz Dan, I'm busy then :)

Tomatron

Giga Poster
How did I miss this topic? :lol:

nadroj123 said:
Well I have tickets for Aveneged Sevenfold on Jan 24th and Paramore Feb 1st, so those should be good. I'm really looking forward to them actually.

Avenged Sevenfold always put a good show on, and Paramore should be good laugh as well.

Right, I'm going to:

A Wilhelm Scream @The Music Box, Manchester, 20/1/08
Blacklisted, Soul Countrol, Shipwreck @The Glebe, Stoke, 22/1/08
Municipal Waste @Joseph's Well, Leeds, 5/2/08
Furious Styles @The Glebe, Stoke, 13/2/08
Gallows, Set Your Goals, F'd Up, SSS @M.D.H., Manchester, 21/2/08
Set Your Goals @The Sugarmill, Stoke, 25/2/08
Set Your Goals @Corporation, Sheffield, 29/2/08
Bracewar, Trash Talk @The Glebe, Stoke, 10/3/08
The Sword @The Hop & Grape, Manchester, 28/3/08
Sick Of It All @The Underground, Stoke, 15/4/08

More to come...

Mark

Strata Poster
Not ashamed to admit it...

I'm off to see the Spice Girls on the 22nd. Apparently, I'm told I am also seeing Kylie later in the year...

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Is it me or has it suddenly become quite camp in here?