What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Kraken

Roller Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
Kraken said:
Lord Kotowa said:
Well come on, i've not seen Dream Theater yet, so they could yet own. ;)
:shock: That should be against the law!

Yes but the law clearly states "If thy is a skint bugger then one can't see Dream Theater"
But the small print states that in such circumstances, all un-needed houshold possessions should be sold on the black market to fund such epic pilgrimage.

That, or just get the money of parents or... something. ;) Worked for me for Download, I just now need to get £60+ to pay for other gigs as well as pay my dad back over the summer. I suppose it is better than the £350 debt I was in due to gigs in april though.

Dave

CF Legend
Kraken said:
Lord Kotowa said:
Kraken said:
Lord Kotowa said:

Yes but the law clearly states "If thy is a skint bugger then one can't see Dream Theater"
But the small print states that in such circumstances, all un-needed houshold possessions should be sold on the black market to fund such epic pilgrimage.

That, or just get the money of parents or... something. ;) Worked for me for Download, I just now need to get £60+ to pay for other gigs as well as pay my dad back over the summer. I suppose it is better than the £350 debt I was in due to gigs in april though.

I've got nothing to sell, plus i'd rather see Dimmu Borgir, whom i could dip into my overdraft to buy tickets for.

Bitter

Mega Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
Bitter said:
tks said:
Daft Punk > Muse.

Lord Kotowa, you got standing tickets or seated?

Im standing, of course ;). I'm meeting up with Slayed during the day.

Muse > Dream Theater > Daft Punk

;)

Ah, i'm having to go standing cos my dad's a huge fan and can't really be dealing with the standing gig environment, but i don't mind i've seen Muse both standing and seated before and in a way you get to enjoy the music more seated, it's just a more relaxed atmosphere, plus i got us some kick ass seats in the pre-sale.

Kraken

Roller Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
Kraken said:
Lord Kotowa said:
Kraken said:
Lord Kotowa said:

I've got nothing to sell, plus i'd rather see Dimmu Borgir, whom i could dip into my overdraft to buy tickets for.
Ah, well in that case... you are excused :p

That is another tour I am mighty tempted by, they were excellent at Download and had the crowd going well. If I get some money in and tickets are still available, I will have to try and go. The same applies to Within Temptation; not usually my thing but I was blown away on sunday.

kir

Hyper Poster
I'M SEEING KELIS TOMORROW NIGHT!

DO BE SERIOUS!

I'M NOT TOTALLY OUT OF MY MIND OVER THE MOON EXCITED!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Just got back from The Charlatans in the forest. I say 'forest', it was more a sloped field next to some trees. I was also treated to the fact that The Paddingtons were the support act, and were actually better than The Charlatans themselves. Good gig though, same it was raining and bloody freezing...

TjChapperz

Mega Poster
Went to the o2 wireless festival yesterday and it was brilliant.
A few photos:

Cat empire:
DSCF0267.jpg

Just Jack:
DSCF0270.jpg

Kelis:
DSCF0275.jpg

Mark Ronson:
DSCF0279.jpg

Faithless
DSCF0285.jpg

Was a brilliant day all the bands brilliant was front of stage for everyband and on the Tv show was seen a few times and also zoomed right into my face on one of the faithless songs. The weather was absolutly brilliant didnt rain once all day.

Was Maxxi Jazz from Faithless Birthday yesterday so had 30,000 people sing happy birthday to him.

Rach

Giga Poster
Nice pics Tom, the festival looked really good.

I need to get to a gig soon, it's not fair :(

Seems like you had a good selection of bands as well, now i wish i was watching at midnight last night :(

Dave

CF Legend
I went to see Muse at Wembley Stadium last night. It was amazing! Best time i've seen them, such a great mix of songs, played some of my favourites ever!

Muse are untouchable at their Live Performances

btw Wembley is huge.

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Wow, Muse were incredible! Somehow I managed to get into the front left golden circle as well, ended up about 3 peoble back from the barrier. Put on such an amazing show, great setlist, just everything was awesome!

i also love the way there were videos on YouTube before I was even on the Tube to get home :p

kir

Hyper Poster
G-force said:

ISN'T SHE FAB?!

I SAW KELIS AT G-A-Y! She started her set at 2am, and I ended up just staying in London all night, and didn't get home until 8am!

I had never been to G-A-Y before, I had always had reservations previously, but I thought, fukkit, I'd watch Kelis even if she performed in a scorpion pit.

So I pootled along to G-A-Y and blah blah blah let's get to the good bit, KELIS WAS AMAZING!

SHE WAS OVER THE TOP INTENSE!

I was right at the front, and she kept coming over to me, winking, smiling, and she even said "I love you too" when I told her I loved her! It was so surreal!

I was so close to her that I could touch her, and I could see right up her dress. Oh my days a million dollars couldn't have been put on that view.

What's more, I was waving a Kaleidoscope (her first album) poster at her when she was performing Milkshake, and she started smiling again, and she came right over, stood right on top of me, and did her sexy Milkshake dance looking me straight in the eye. I could have died and gone to heaven.

To put the icing on the cake at the end I got her towel that she was using on stage.

It was all really overwhelming, I had an amazing night, Kelis is brilliant. She loves her crowds, knows how to work them, and when she sees her fans she makes a real effort to please them. She was wearing this really sexy little black/green two tone sequin dress with black high heels and a peakcock hat, and her legs were astonishingly long and sexy, and just... ohhhhh I could sit there and watch her dance for me every day of my life.

She was an amazing singer live, a brilliant crowd pleaser and an overall astonishing performer, and she performed many songs from all 4 of her studio albums.

And I pulled, but it wasn't Kelis sadly!

tks

Strata Poster
Ugh.... Wish I had gone to G-A-Y now... I was wiped out from this though:

n272901060_297549_7516.jpg

n272901060_297559_9937.jpg

n272901060_297566_1594.jpg

n272901060_297569_2300.jpg

An amazing set. The same structure but there were major differences. They did an encore for a start!!! It was almost better than the main performance!!!

Bitter

Mega Poster
Muse were fairly immense as has already been said, not just kick ass music but also a huge show with crazy gymnasts floating under balloons over the crowd, lots of ticket tape, smoke, pyro, flames, giant inflatable balls, and a crazy light show to boot. And most importantly, they played Unintended, which is just the icing on the already amazing cake.

Still enjoyed the Stripes more though...