What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Smithy

Strata Poster
Chav's and Gangsters listen to the bands that play Reading/Leeds?

Georgie. Lucky girl. And anyone else managing to go. Jealous...

robbeal

Hyper Poster
I'm off to the Leeds leg, and I went in '03 too. Its a great festival, as long as the weather's good (i'm not one for mud at festivals), and having been to V too, I found the atmosphere to be much nicer and friendlier at the Carling festival than V. You'll enjoy it, just have a laugh and make sure you see as much as possible!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Mat said:
Chav's and Gangsters listen to the bands that play Reading/Leeds?

They will only go to cause trouble, not to listen to the bands.

I'm really struggling to get my head around this. The place is really going to be full of people paying upwards to £150 just to go and have a fight, which they could have if they went into town on a Friday or Saturday night for free???

Obviously my experience of festivals is limited to one, so I can only base my opinion on that experience (with nobody who seemed to be there for any reason other than the music), and on the experience of the many friends I have who go to at least one festival a year (who say the same, people just there for the music, not fighting).

Obviously you have a greater knowledge of the thousands of trouble makers who fill these events.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
robbeal said:
I found the atmosphere to be much nicer and friendlier at the Carling festival than V.

Ey that's interesting! I'm off to V this year for the Foo Fighters Day, but I would've expected it to have a nicer atmosphere for some reason.

I went to Downlaod for the first time this year, and really expected it to be super rough, but the atmosphere was amazing. Leeds is lovely though. I'm not as keen on the bands at Leeds, which in a way is a good thing, because I can stroll around and have a look at everything else. At Download I wouldn't dare move from the main stage!

Gotta get some Vodka Jelly too!

Friday's always the best day at Leeds too. I think that's Sunday at Reading? Just my opinion :D

robbeal

Hyper Poster
The Family Beal (just me, lol) will be meeting with the Family Hankinson at some point then :p

bezzz said:
I said:
I found the atmosphere to be much nicer and friendlier at the Carling festival than V

Ey that's interesting! I'm off to V this year for the Foo Fighters Day, but I would've expected it to have a nicer atmosphere for some reason.

Yeah, you'd just expect V to have a less confrontational, more corporate staid atmosphere, with it being organised by Virgin and everything, but I think it actually did attract more charvs and people who were more likely to cause trouble. Leeds is just really chilled out, didn't see an ounce of trouble all weekend. Mind you, I do leave sunday night, before the trouble tends to happen on monday morning.

For anyone who's been before, what's it like for getting in on the thursday morning? I'm planning on getting there about 10-11am-ish. Should I expect a people_scrum?

kir

Hyper Poster
Wowwww, I used to fancy merge button to put Georgi's topic on the end of the Gigs one, as they were getting very similar. And I must say, I love the mergeness of it all!

Anyways, nobody gives a ****, but I'm seeing Kelis again next weekend. I'm the luckiest boy on the planet.

So anyways, back to your indie, someone answer Rob's question above!

Dave

CF Legend
I'm going to the Latitude festival next week in Suffolk. I'm just going for the comedians ;)

stanford911

Mega Poster
In November, goin to see Enter Shikari at Plymouth Pavilions.
My sister's just making up for not taking me to download this year.

danielfitzgerald99

Hyper Poster
I was lucky enough to see My Chemical Romance (yes I know a lot of people will groan, but I think they're great) live in Brighton back in March and It was incredible. Gerard way came on stage on a little hospital bed attached to a drip. Can you GET anymore morbid. That aside it was a great night and the fire effects were cool

Bitter

Mega Poster
Just bagged myself 2 standing tickets to see White Stripes in Manchester assuming that's the Uni i'll be at, god knows what i'll do if i end up at Bristol now.

Only tickets on the cards atm are Reading fest, Ross Noble and Stripes. Radiohead should announce a tour soon though with any luck. When are they gonna ****ing release LP7 eh? Or at least give it a name.

kir

Hyper Poster
I'M SEEING KELIS AGAIN TODAY!

That will mean I've seen Kelis more times this year than every CF member I usually see every month/other month. That's crazy.

Almost

Hyper Poster
I'm going to Warped Tour in Englishtown, NJ on August 5th.

It'll be...ok.

I'm looking forward to Circa Survive, Bayside, All Time Low, Escape the Fate, It Dies Today, Underoath, The Almost and The Starting Line

tks

Strata Poster
kir said:

That will mean I've seen Kelis more times this year than every CF member I usually see every month/other month. That's crazy.

Was she on in Finsbury Park by anychance? I walked out of the train station to be confronted by thousands of people all coming from some event there.

I went to Rhythm's of the World this weekend which was a free 2-day event in the town of Hitchin, (just north of Stevenage). Great fun with my uni friends and we saw some pretty unique and unknown people.

kir

Hyper Poster
tks said:
kir said:

Was she on in Finsbury Park by anychance? I walked out of the train station to be confronted by thousands of people all coming from some event there.

Yeah, she was there!

I met her! Finally!

I got a shout out from her in the middle of a song (Rolling Through The Hood) that very few people knew, and as I was at the front it was clear for her to see that I was the only one singing along, so she said a few words, it was cute. She came in the crowd at the very end which was manic as there was a huge crush and everyone was grabbing her, and she just adored the attention.

I hung around after her set backstage and I managed to speak to her before her security guards got down. So I shook her hand and had a conversation with her, and she recognised me and Theresa from G-A-Y! She's really sweet and has the softest skin evarrrrr. As she moved away from me her security guards came and wouldnt let people go near her so I was really lucky to have gotten so close and touch her etc but as she drove off she had her window down and was talking to people out of the car, there were loads of people stampeding to get near her!

As she left Finsbury Park I had one last word with her, asked her to Blindfold Me :lol: and she winked, waved, and blew us a kiss, and with that she was gone.

Will

Strata Poster
Black Crusade - November 25th
&
Within Temptation - November 27th

Yay :) But no idea what the plans are for the 4 months or so until that :lol:

Karen

Hyper Poster
Woohooooo, booked tickets for HIM in December day before going on holiday and they were here waiting for me when getting back yesterday!