What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Dave

CF Legend
WuTang2k2 said:
jonnyrocks said:
Wow, I hope the rumours of MCR supporting muse at the Wembley Stadium gig are true then, that would be incredible!

Definately 'amazing'. Their sh*t riffs will make Muse look even better.

Well Muse always book **** acts to make them look amazing ;)

Will

Strata Poster
^
In which case booking MCR would be a fairly effective way of shooting themselves in the foot :roll:

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Well MCR managed to win an NME award for Best International Band, a publication and readership known for their cynicism, so they're doing something right. Personally I can't wait for the shows :)

Back to Muse, according to the NME this week, for the Wembley shows they want 3 support acts for each day, and different ones each day. Nothing is confirmed but they've been talking to Bloc Party, Wolfmother, and (shield your eyes) Lily ****ing Allen :shock:

Oh, and they offered The Klaxxons the chance to open Wembley, and they refused! "We don't play support any more" apparently, plonkers.

Martyn

Giga Poster
I just booked my Tiesto ticket, which is a bit odd seeing as I just listened to the album which the tour is centered around, and it was rubbish! Oh well. As long as there's lasers it'll be ok! It's an eight hour gig, and the album's an hour and twenty, so there's bound to be something good at some point!

Nadia

Mega Poster
Martyn said:
I just booked my Tiesto ticket, which is a bit odd seeing as I just listened to the album which the tour is centered around, and it was rubbish! Oh well. As long as there's lasers it'll be ok! It's an eight hour gig, and the album's an hour and twenty, so there's bound to be something good at some point!

Woooot :D The tickets are such a letdown tho, so Ticketmaster boringness lookin!! But ****ness to the album if it's poop, but yeah i'm sure they'll be lotsa sexual Tiestoness to boogy too which is always mint!!!

Going to see CSS too in May at one of my favey places the Ritz which should be fabulouss n random!!!

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Slayed said:
Oh, and they offered The Klaxxons the chance to open Wembley, and they refused! "We don't play support any more" apparently, plonkers.

Haha, I was reading about that! Allegedly Klaxons' management-type people had told them they should focus on headlining their own gigs, instead of supporting other people. When Matt Bellamy asked them, they were all sat around drinking, and they sort of cockily said 'no, we want to headline gigs', and now they're really regretting it, and say they will support if Muse want them still. In which case, that'd work a treat, Klaxons are easily bad enough to make Muse look better...

A

Anonymous

Went to see Mastodon in Nottingham the other day, got to hang out with Brent the guitarist for a while... was great! Anyone else a fan?

My Band KYTE have some UK and European Shows coming up in the next few months if you care to Check us out... download our stuff for free.

http://www.myspace.com/kyteband

Dan Farrell

Roller Poster
Got tickets to a special suprise intimate Dream Theater show in Newcastle. It was announced on tuesday by Mike Portnoy himself, tickets went on sale wednesday and it sold out. Hardcore fans only were able to find out about it as it was not advertised in advance, its a special one-off warm-up gig for their download appearance! cant wait!

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
You lucky bastard Dan! :lol:

I was off to see NIN last monday, but they've cancelled. Most dischuffed :(

Dave

CF Legend
Dan Farrell said:
Got tickets to a special suprise intimate Dream Theater show in Newcastle. It was announced on tuesday by Mike Portnoy himself, tickets went on sale wednesday and it sold out. Hardcore fans only were able to find out about it as it was not advertised in advance, its a special one-off warm-up gig for their download appearance! cant wait!

I knew about that on monday, i love working for a record company sometimes :D. Shame i can't go to the gig....

A

Anonymous

Rammstein for me, awesome pyrotechnics, even if you hate the music you will enjoy it. And if you like the music, well, perfect evening.

Anyway they kick ass, looking forward to seeing them again in the future.

Kraken

Roller Poster
I give so much to see Rammstein live. Next year when they are off hiatus hopefully!

I heard about the DT show too Dan, and was very tempted, but I decided to put it off a few days and see them at Donington. Plus, it's a bit hard to get up to Newcastle from here for a gig, especially during exams and a few days before Download.

On another note, this got the week off to a VERY good start for me...

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=600194

Get in! Shall be getting my tickets tomorrow at 3pm. Presale ftw. :D

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Leeds/Reading lineup's released now. Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins & Razorsh!te are headlining. That'll do me, the Chilis'll bring some old stuff out, I fancy seeing the Pumpkins, and Razorsh!te will hopefully play lots of old stuff and no new stuff. That's if I can tolerate Johnny 'pseudo-god' Borrell anyway...

Ash, Klaxons & The View are headlining the Radio1 stage, which is less impressive, although if Razorlight are turd, I can fall back on Ash,which is still good.

I'm more happy that Bloc Party, We Are Scientists, The Subways, Biffy Clyro & Maximo Park are there. I might just go and watch Nine Inch Nails too, seeing as they're showing up.

Will

Strata Poster
Dan Farrell said:
Special one-off warm-up gig for their download appearance! cant wait!
Any chance of Maiden doing the same thing? Or will I just have to dream :p

(Or make do with Metallica :roll:) - Will be seeing how much their tickets are before considering it...

Slayed

Hyper Poster
robbeal said:
Leeds/Reading lineup's released now. Chili Peppers, Smashing Pumpkins & Razorsh!te are headlining.
Meh, not a patch on Muse and Pearl Jam from last year :p

Razorlight usually put on a good show - shame their songs are utter ****.

Smashing Pumpkins, NIN, Lostprophets, Fall Out Boy and Funeral For A Friend is a fine list for one day though. And Arcade Fire should be good.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Hmmmm... Maybe looking at a Belgian festival this year. Got a few mates going, and it looks like a much better line-up than anything on other over here this year. It's also going to be around ?200, including transport:

Rock Werchter 2007

28th June - 1st July 2007
Day 1:
Main Stage: Bj?rk, Marilyn Manson, Muse, My Chemical Romance ...
Pyramid Marquee: Beastie Boys, Air Traffic...
Day 2:
Main Stage: Arctic Monkeys, Bloc Party, Kaiser Chiefs, Kings of Leon, Pearl Jam, Queens of the Stone Age ...
Pyramid Marquee: Joan as Police Woman ...
Day 3:
Main Stage: The Chemical Brothers, The Killers, Keane, Snow Patrol, Razorlight, Heideroosjes ...
Pyramid Marquee: Arno, The Good, the Bad and the Queen, Goose, Klaxons, LCD Soundsystem, Blonde Redhead ...
Day 4:
Main Stage: !!!, Faithless, Incubus, Interpol, The Kooks, Mastodon, Metallica
Pyramid Marquee: Damien Rice, Tori Amos, Frank Black ...