What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Dave

CF Legend
I have recently paid ?140 to see a couple of gigs next year (i bought two tickets each time).

This is to see:

Nine Inch Nails (Brixton)
Stone Sour (Astoria)
Finntroll (Scala)
Madina Lake (Wedgewood Rooms)

Almost

Hyper Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
I have recently paid ?140 to see a couple of gigs next year (i bought two tickets each time).

This is to see:

Your going to LOVE them. They're were so kick ass.

Lain

Giga Poster
Lord Kotowa said:

This is to see:

Nine Inch Nails (Brixton)
Stone Sour (Astoria)
Finntroll (Scala)

Finntroll are awesome.

How can anybody not love Finnish folk-metal?

Rest are **** though.

Will

Strata Poster
kaz said:
Well I hear that the night at Manchester is going very well.
That's an understatement! That gig was ****ing unbelievable! Officially the most awesome thing I have ever had the good fortune to witness. The full expected two hours - all of Life and Death, sounding better than I ever thought possible, the classics were just... perfection and there was a phenomenal atmosphere to cap it off - I'm not into audience participation, but suffice to say, I woke up on Friday with a sore neck and very little voice... Will shall be returning to Maiden as soon as is at all possible - and even ended up buying overpriced merchandise, though annoyingly the shirt now needs washing :(

Only downside was forgetting how tiring it was - I am amazed by 5 near 50 year old blokes, who were running around on the stage, using up far more energy than me for the 2 full hours - I ended up having to sit down for a few songs, and pick a weak[er] track to have a drink break in, which was annoying.
And Trivium didn't sound very good either... I think they quickly detected the fans wanted nothing to do with them, and gave a somewhat lacklustre performance, which failed to get much better as it progressed!

Scream For Me Manchester!!! :D :D
*still somewhat hyper*

Macrae

Roller Poster
Maiden were awesome last night in Newcastle. Definately will see them again. Trivium were terrible, I much preffered Lauren Harris! She was as fit as f**k

Dave

CF Legend
Almost said:
Lord Kotowa said:

This is to see:

Don't tell me something i already know ;)

Lain

Giga Poster
jakemac said:
Maiden were awesome last night in Newcastle. Definately will see them again. Trivium were terrible, I much preffered Lauren Harris! She was as fit as f**k

+1, except for Sheffield.

Being at the barrier is agony though, I had to be pulled out during The Legacy. :(

But I went back in! :D

Almost

Hyper Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
Almost said:
Lord Kotowa said:

This is to see:

Nice. Who did you see them with?

I saw them with Lorene Drive, TheAudition and 2 local bands.

Kraken

Roller Poster
Just woken up from Maiden last night, and I am truely ****ed! I ache all over, can't speak and my head is humming, it was well worth it though. Best gig I've ever seen and I will definately be going to see them again. The show was pretty much perfect, well, almost...

The sound was, well, what sound! The main electricity cable running into Earls Court set fire mid set and they had to shut off the sound for about 20 minutes. So poor old Brucey had to try and talk to 19,000 through a megaphone, and resort to playing football on stage. They kept it together very well though and you could tell it was making them unconfortable, and the crowd was very good about it. When they were playing though, the sound was perfect and so, so loud. LOVE IT!

Due to the break in the middle, they ended up running over by about 30 minutes and didn't finish til just past 11. But luckily we were being picked up outside the venue so we didn't miss the coach or anything. They still played the same songs in the same order, and to me it was a perfect setlist for the AMOLAD tour. Fear of the Dark and Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg were the best songs of the night.

Can't wait to see them at Download!!!

Dave

CF Legend
Almost said:
Lord Kotowa said:
Almost said:
Lord Kotowa said:

This is to see:

Nice. Who did you see them with?

I saw them with Lorene Drive, TheAudition and 2 local bands.

Madina Lake are on tour with Gym Class Heroes, so look out for them ;)

Almost

Hyper Poster
^Nice. I'll see if they're coming to Jersey soon.

For Christmas I got tickets to see Clutch on Friday (29th) and Cartel, Cobra Starship and Boys Like Girls on February 7th.

Can't wait!

Almost

Hyper Poster
Ugh, I kid you not I was probably one of 10 people under 21. The rest were red necks getting drunk.

AWFUL.

5 coverbands, 1 was ok at best, the rest should not be allowed to touch a guitar ever again. Clutch was ok, but not my type of music.

I won't be going to another Clutch show anytime soon...

stanford911

Mega Poster
Sorry for the revival of this thread.

Ive just been offered 50% off tickets to see Ash live in my area so ill be booking them soon. This will be awsome as ive seen them before and they rocked!

Karen

Hyper Poster
10 weeks till MCR! Really can't wait. I know several cfer's are most probably feeling the same. Any of you got youR tickets yet? OR is it going to be a last minute receiving from Seetickets AGAIN!

Bitter

Mega Poster
Anyone else going to see Muse at Wembley?

I'm also seeing Regina Spektor in London in February too. And though it's not really a gig as such, i'm seeing Derren Brown in June.