What's new

GhosterForce IX | TP & CWoA | Trip Reports

Nic

Strata Poster
I almost couldn't take that photo, the camera was shaking too much from laughing

Beans

Hyper Poster
Big thanks to Mark for keeping us in order for the day, sorry not a lot of photos taken at Thorpe, too busy trying to keep my wig on, plus rain comes camera goes away.
Really enjoyed to company, good conversation with Marc whilst sitting out Samurai (cannot stand that ride), Good to see AJ, Jordan’s spider cakes were to die for, so I had 2, Trying to keep wig on riding Stealth, Swarm 100th ride and being spited by camera fail on left side. Thanks Gavin for being my side kick for my 100th. Being ask by other guests in Saw queue for photo with them, Rikki and Zoë’s faces(2 of Leigh’s work colleagues) when I went to visit them on Zodiac, took them a few minutes to recognise me. Feeling really sad today it is all over.

Big thanks to everyone who voted for me in comp, was genuinely surprised to get 2nd, I had voted for Gavin anyway so pleased to see him get 1st well deserved.

Group shot
dsc05400jpgcrop.jpg

Jordan’s lovely delicious spider cakes, best cakes I have ever tasted
dsc05354x.jpg

Mark and Gavin arrive
dsc05386a.jpg

dsc05373b.jpg

Myself
dsc05357jpgcrop.jpg

Scarlet
dsc05394a.jpg

Neal
dsc05419c.jpg

Nick hands out small toys to keep us amused
dsc05405kw.jpg

Neal trying to impress everyone with balloon skills
dsc05427r.jpg

Richard taking pleasure in destroying balloon.
dsc05431t.jpg

Sorry Jordan I just had too
dsc05453de.jpg

Samurai times
dsc05482b.jpg

dsc05466p.jpg

dsc05486tr.jpg

Mark and AJ
dsc05499q.jpg

Gavin and myself on Swarm, was my 101 and Gavin’s 2nd, would have done photo on 100th but big camera spite.
swarm10129102012.jpg

Facebook link for more photos.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/? ... 277&type=1

Chessington to follow, loads of photos for that day………

peep

CF Legend
OMG lots of cool photos, looked like so much fun. Mark, that's one long report, shall read later.

Beans

Hyper Poster
I read all of Marks report so wasn't much more I could add, although the look on Leighs face when he joined us in the afternoon, was classic, he hadn't seen me before I left home as he was still in bed, he actually jumped back when I came off Saw and couldn't believe it was his mother, Priceless!!

Lots of Chessington ones to come but no time tonight.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Spent ages reading Marks report, so good. Some great memories, I can't wait to come on a CF live next year! I have created a video of the Thorpe Park antics on Monday. Will post a link when uploaded on the YouToob

Mark

Strata Poster
Re: GhosterForce IX | TP & CWoA | Trip Reports

Beans said:
I read all of Marks report so wasn't much more I could add, although the look on Leighs face when he joined us in the afternoon, was classic, he hadn't seen me before I left home as he was still in bed, he actually jumped back when I came off Saw and couldn't believe it was his mother, Priceless!!

Lots of Chessington ones to come but no time tonight.

Totally forgot about Leigh's arrival. Many apologies. His face when he saw you was hilarious!

jayjay

Giga Poster
Finally got around to writing some things. Amazing two days, big thanks to everyone who helped make it so (especially Mark as always). And I've finally broken my 3 year break from GF events.

Thorpe

After South West rail had finished messing about with my trains, I endured the chav bus and arrived at Thorpe, greeted by CF. Jordan made delicious cupcakes so I just had to feed my sugar addiction (the first of many sugary treats provided).

Stealth had been either closed, or missed due to long queues in my previous 4 visits to Thorpe, so I was happy to be able to ride my favourite coaster at Thorpe again. Unfortunately, I became burdenous afterwards by leaving my bag in the Stealth area, which was not retrieved until after rapids. I'm very impressed that the Thorpe clientele let it sit there for so long. Pro-tip... if you're bad at remembering things, only bring one bag. I came off Stealth completely convinced my camera bag was my only possession.

There were other rides... Inferno was done, Saw (with queueline of death... also I seem to be the only one that likes this ride), Samurai (Gavin wins for best costume related moment), other stuff. There was a lot of waiting while most of CF didn't want to go on Vortex. After Vortex, the correct decision was made to do Det. Det is still fantastic! Finally, the double ride of Swarm. I still don't feel the enthusiasm for it that others do (it's good, but not best in the park or anything), but it was running pretty sweet Monday night.

Thanks to Ian for doing lifts to and from Tolworth. It's not great, but it's better than last time I tried to stay there and ended up double booked and moved to Guildford.

Chessington
I always feel that the CF Lives with a major park and a smaller neighbour have the smaller park as the better day. Chessington did not disappoint.

Rattlesnake was first. Sue mentioned that her knee had touched some vom, thus Mitt Vom-knee was born and she spend the rest of the queue trying not to die from uncontrollable laughter. Rattlesnake is meh, but the queue was tremendously funnier.

Mushroom delighted the crowd with an obscene amount of sugar and e-numbers that got passed around (and thrown and almost dropped off the side of the Tomb Blaster queue) during the next few hours. The sweet throwing was a bit too much, but the queues were at least entertaining. Mine Train and Tomb Blaster are as meh as ever...

We had lunch at the pasta/pizza place which was very nom! Tim disappeared afterwards to get a costume that later turned out to be a fantastically accurate and detailed cardboard restraint. Who cares about faff when you have a restraint to play with! Sue wearing it on the flume was amazing. It looked so natural. It also made it onto Bubbleworks later, and the red boats made a perfect colour match. Tim needs to come to every Live, his antics are hilarious.

While everyone was waiting for the few burdens that decided Cobra was a good idea, CF played "how many CFers can fit in a tuk-tuk." Then the glowsticks came out. We headed over to the pirate ship where we played the traditional shouting competition, during which there were cries of "JIMMY... SAVILLE" and "MITT... *confused mumble*." Bubbleworks (avec Mexican wave) and Vampire finished off what is one of the most fun days I've ever had with CF. We didn't manage Dragon's Fury, but there's always other years. Great company, great rides. See you all next year!

Also yes, there will be a video.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
So, I have completed a video for day one of Ghosterforce IX and that can be found here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYohdaIC_lE[/youtube]

It took a while and I enjoyed it.

Chessington soon.

Tell me what you think :)

Nic

Strata Poster
I'm really loving the trip reports so far guys! I'm feeling a lack of photos so far though! More please! :)

Jordan, thanks for posting your vid, and so soon, well done! I watched the whole thing. I really like the documentary style. It's not something we often see for VTRs so made a nice change. 15mins is a LONG time for a single video though. Next time maybe consider chopping down some of the longer segments (particularly the ride videos) to just a couple of short clips. It would also have been nice to have seen more of the faff and antics, but I appreciate that requires having your camera to your face for the whole day which isn't easy, especially in the rain! I like the way the different songs broke it up too, and there was a nice mixture. Thanks again for posting :)

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Thanks for the tips Nic, I will take them on board for the Chessington one. On day two i got more confident pushing my camera in peoples faces so I do have more 'faff and antics' so yeah, I shall get started on that soon! (And I promise it shall be shorter too) ;)

marc

CF Legend
Re: GhosterForce IX | TP & CWoA | Trip Reports

I really enjoyed the video, it's just so different and lots of fun. Well done guys .

Plus the music actually worked unlike when people just throw any old music at a video.

Scarlet

Mega Poster
Jordanovichy said:
Thanks for the tips Nic, I will take them on board for the Chessington one. On day two i got more confident pushing my camera in peoples faces so I do have more 'faff and antics' so yeah, I shall get started on that soon! (And I promise it shall be shorter too) ;)

I loved it, so much. I think you and the other guy are the most lovable goons ever. And please don't take that the wrong way, it's not in a burdenous way, and I'm such a goon anyway - have you seen me?. I really regret not talking to you more because I bet I would have laughed so much.

Anyway... I'm going to write a report now and edit it into this post when I'm done.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
marc said:
Plus the music actually worked unlike when people just throw any old music at a video.

I think it is important to have music that works, I know it is bigheaded of me to say so, but I really think the Benny Hill music works with the rapids XD

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Scarlet said:
Jordanovichy said:

I loved it, so much. I think you and the other guy are the most lovable goons ever. And please don't take that the wrong way, it's not in a burdenous way, and I'm such a goon anyway - have you seen me?. I really regret not talking to you more because I bet I would have laughed so much.

Well I am flattered XD and I am sure ATTACKHAMMER will be too :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I too loved the video! I'm looking forward to the CWoA one!

Hahaha, this moment...
dsc05550l.jpg

"Is Martyn H setting fire to things again?"

:lol:

Oh yeah, at Thorpe, Ciall Connecticut asked me in The Swarm queueline to explain to Serena what a "goon" is, to which I replied,
"It's an affectionate term to describe somebody who has no social skills outside of a theme park and only talks about rollercoasters. Excuse me for a second, I must take a photo of Swarm flying through the station."
Ahh, such a goon <3

That time of year when the word "connectors" is said more than any other time in the year.
"Connectors. Who needs connectors? Do you have any connectors? See Nic for the connectors, she's the Connector Queen. I have some spare connectors. I need three more connectors. Are you using that connector?"

We've brought our own glowsticks!
Ah, but do you have your own connectors?"

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster

Well I am flattered XD and I am sure ATTACKHAMMER will be too :p[/quote]
Yes, we probably are the most loveable goons ever :--D

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster
Looks like Colossus was still on one train operation, from the live video.
When CZ did its event at Thorpe, Colossus was also on one train operation but that was on 20/10/12, and I thought they would of tried to fix it before half term peak, but obviously I was wrong.

Anyway it looks like you all had a good time :)

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I have a few photos!

Some kind of business talk about the day's proceedings, I'm sure.
400286_10151302315506271_558096443_n.jpg

Jordan's fab cupcakes! :D
521570_10151302315591271_1194265279_n.jpg

Love this photo...!
534733_10151302315666271_1264683521_n.jpg

The quiz was rather harhar.
66239_10151302315751271_1098843966_n.jpg

29342_10151302316061271_1495385937_n.jpg

Ahaha, and then after lunch, had to go out to the carpark to get THIS! Walking through the park with it was surprisingly un-burdenous. No one batted an eye lid... Lmao! I love Mark in this photo hahaaa.
21914_10151302316306271_877338691_n.jpg

311166_10151302316441271_142452246_n.jpg

Post faffle there were goony items to have fun with.
58806_10151302316631271_921788149_n.jpg

14193_10151302316736271_296656900_n.jpg

Actually looks legit on Kim... I know he'll hate me for it, but it suites you! LOL
76604_10151302317021271_966592957_n.jpg

It was made for Sue.
270425_10151302316861271_1937957139_n.jpg

Scarlet loves it really!
400275_10151302317126271_1123537417_n.jpg

Ahahahahaa!
548420_10151302317196271_721630223_n.jpg

381820_10151302317391271_1859818665_n.jpg

That's it I'm afraid. :( I always forget to take photos these days. There might be a few on my phone, I'll get them off at some point...