Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Leviathan

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Fury325

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

CarolinaRider

Mega Poster
From what I can tell, Leviathan has the better opening sequence with the drop into the tunnel, tight overbank, speed hill, and massive camelback while Fury325 has the better second half/ending with the horseshoe turn, overbanks and airtime hills. Which coaster is better, or which one would you prefer to ride?

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
Leviathan has the better start, Fury has the better end... But that helix needs to go (or be made more interesting)

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Out of those two I've only ridden Leviathan and overall I was a tiny bit disappointed by it. I dunno, it was all over just a little too quickly for me.
Judging by the POV, Fury looks better, y'know? A bit more substantial, a more interesting layout n stuff.
So yeah. Fury 325 gets my vote, even though I ain't been on it... but it IS pretty high on the bucket list.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
bann45 said:
Hi r u indian

hi yes I am (not)

Back on topic- From looks I'd rank them equally, they are both virtually flawless world class coasters. The only negative is Fury's helix, it looks so boring and it should have just been a tight left turn. I can see why they did it though- so it comfortably sits as one of the world's longest steel coasters and (I think) the longest steel coaster in North America.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Leviathan is more relentless, but shorter. I think Fury has the better overall ride but is a touch dragged out.
More relentless? Disagree.

Fury is an outstanding coaster, none of the other b&m mega/gigas are, IMO, that I've ridden. Which is most of the worthwhile ones, bar Shambala.

Fury doesn't ride like a b&m, it is what I'd describe as relentless and intense and exciting. Leviathan ain't bad but it was just another b&m floater-machine IMO...

Fury is outstanding. Leviathan isn't.

However... Canada's wonderland is a superior park to Carowinds. I would much prefer to revisit CW.

Ben

CF Legend
Fury is really spectacular, it's a really aggressive ride and I agree with Joey, the least 'B&M' of the Hypers.

It's not the best hyper, SFoG's Goliath and Shambhala are still better, but it is a spectacular ride.

That's not to say Leviathan is bad at all but Fury is definitely its bigger, better sibling. The airtime hills at the end are especially fab. Although the big hills on Leviathan are great too.

They're both just excellent rides to be fair.