What's new

Fun Spot Atlanta | ArieForce One | RMC IBox Steel Coaster | 2023

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Perhaps it is worth talking about what will probably go down as one of the most hilariously botched first rider events in coaster history. Fun Spot Atlanta the other day opened up their starting bids at $2500 for individual front/back row seats and $1000 for everything else. Less than 48 hours in, the prices were suddenly lowered to $500 and $250, respectively. It has been several days and nobody is biting.
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 2.20.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 2.20.53 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-03-16 at 2.26.08 PM.png

If you ever wanted to be a first rider AND simultaneously get a zen ride, then this might be the opportunity you're looking for;

ST Dog

Roller Poster
Perhaps it is worth talking about what will probably go down as one of the most hilariously botched first rider events in coaster history.
Started way to high. Even $250 is to high to generate much bidding this far out.

Not sure it's well publicized either. And it's unclear if open to all or only pass holders (same for VIP event tickets).

Hutch

Strata Poster
Hmmm, shell out hundreds of dollars for the PRIVLEGE of being one of the "first" to ride? Or wait a few days and just get an easy zen ride and whore it up? Oh the dilemma.

Eyebrows

Hyper Poster
So like, does this go to a charity or something or they just trying to get rich quick and it's not working haha
The “charity” it goes towards is the National Roller Coaster Museum, aka the private collection disguised as a museum. It will likely never open to the public, as it’s just a way for the owner to come into possession of cool pieces of coaster history and lock them away forever.

ST Dog

Roller Poster
Hmmm, shell out hundreds of dollars for the PRIVLEGE of being one of the "first" to ride?

Well, it's a seat on the first train open to the "public" (not counting the rides John and his wife (maybe others?) have had).

I might pay $50-100 for certain rides at certain parks. But not hundreds. Others might though, for the right coaster. I don't think AF1 is the right one for anybody.

Start low. Get a bidding war going.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Will be curious to see how this compares to Storm Chaser; a massively underrated RMC at it's own debut that rocketed into top 10s (which for many, including myself, it still remains). Storm Chaser and ArieForce share a similar out and back layout, straight forward design, and a few novel elements. (all good things) I guess it will boil down to airtime, which Storm Chaser delivers on well into the brake run.