What's new

Fun games/pranks to do in parks

Ollie

CF Legend
Do you know any fun games you can play or funny pranks you can pull in Parks. Nothing dangerous though, only harmless things.

Some examples of ones I know off are...

Chessington: When walking from Beanoland to Dragon Falls there are usually a few foam balls on the floor that have rolled out of the Madhouse. If you pick one up and walk to the bridge that Dragon Falls goes under it's funny to wait for a boat to come along and drop it in to see their reactions. You can even score points for headshots and stuff.
As they're only foam balls they don't hurt as long as you just drop it and don't pelt it down.

Alton Towers: In the Cariba Creek waterpark, go all the way to the top floor of the wacky waterworks thing. You should be standing next to the giant tipping bucket. If you don't know already then when the tank is full up the water comes out of the overflow pipe which spins the wheel with the bells on it to let everyone know that it's about to tip. Anyway, if you stand on the platform next to it you can reach the wheel with the bells, so if you give it a little spin it's funny to watch everyone down below rush to stand under it and wait for it to tip, only to realise it's not. Then as soon as they go it tips. :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Games I like to play:

Ignore Steven.

Laugh at Steven.

Avoid Steven.

That's about it really.

Only "funny" games I can think of are guessing if somebody will be a screamer or not - best for Intamin rocket coasters - and winding up first time riders about what the ride does.

Oh, and one of my favourite game I've EVER played at a theme park was in the Spaz Invader queue line at Blackpool Pleasure Beach Blackpool Pleasure Beach Blackpool.

It was raining and the metal ramp leading up to the steps was nice and slidey. Big John and I spent ten mins sliding down it crashing into the wall and various CFers :p LOL, so much fun.

Oh, and counting how many arse groaping couples you can spot in a queue line. I'm convinced that Alton Towers queues have more arse-groapage than any other theme park in the UK.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Playing "dump the goon". Working your way through a bunch of CFers subtly and then seeing who ends up with the goon. I'm pretty good at finding myself goon encumbered, then getting people to let me past, without realising that they're going to end up gooned next ;)

Personally, I find that the people I go with are capable of interesting and intelligent conversation - so I don't need to find silly little games to pass the time.

unless I'm with CoasterForce

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ollie said:
Chessington: When walking from Beanoland to Dragon Falls there are usually a few foam balls on the floor that have rolled out of the Madhouse. If you pick one up and walk to the bridge that Dragon Falls goes under it's funny to wait for a boat to come along and drop it in to see their reactions. You can even score points for headshots and stuff.
As they're only foam balls they don't hurt as long as you just drop it and don't pelt it down.

Ah, memories of GF :lol:

I like telling people a ride is closed when it is open. E.g is somebody asks if Stealth is open, I tell them it's down for the rest of the day.

I love the expressions on their faces cool).

Kebab

Giga Poster
It's not a game, but it's something funny and makes good use of your queuing time.

When you are queuing for launched rides (Stealth in particular), I find it funny watching peoples heads follow the train as it launches, you'll be surprised how many people do it, and it really is humourous watching all the heads turn from left to right at the same speed and focus etc. :lol:

CMonster

Giga Poster
I like talking in a loud, scared voice about how I'm going to die and how the ride is going to break and it will crash and see how many people either believe me or try to comfort me. :lol: It's especially funny if people near you are already scared/nervous about the ride as it's their first time riding or first "big" coaster. And my friends will join in too. :--D

I also enjoy using the squirt guns near river rapid rides and spraying friends and strangers alike. Once my dad and two brothers were riding and I told everybody to hit them (I wasn't riding). Such fun...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Spitting into the lagoon while in line for Iron Dragon, the fish are always ready to bite. :razz:

A

Anonymous

Pass the tulip on Balder with CF was awesome, most insane ride ever :)

Ollie

CF Legend
Another thing to do is hold sweets or something similar in your palm and see what happens.
We did it on Silver Star last year and it was pretty awesome to see them float for a few seconds in mid-air before shooting off into the sky. :D

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
loefet said:
Pass the tulip on Balder with CF was awesome, most insane ride ever :)

OH YEAH! Even though I wasn't there for that, it reminds me of the station bag grabs I've played with CF!

It happens when somebody dumps their bag on the opposite side of the station loading platform. When the train goes through the station for a second circuit, grab the bags and move them right to the end of the platform!

Best done on rides such as Stinger at Paultosn Park and that one at Adventure Island (Barnstormer, I think).

LOL!

Rush

Giga Poster
'Count the ethnic majority.'

HOURS of fun guaranteed. So is 'try and squirt the turban off' on rides with water guns.

A-Kid

Giga Poster
'Count the ethnic majority.'

I love doing that. But as this is england, there are normaly so many that you have to play "spot the english man" :wink:

Yeah any turban games are the best ones :--D

Lucy

Hyper Poster
One of my favourite things is looking at people's reactions when I don't hold the restraint handles on Detonator - arms out in front every time :D

Pierre

Strata Poster
Bananas + Nemesis' On ride photo section = LOL. (Especially with a smiley face drawn on the banana!)

Spitting into the lagoon while in line for Iron Dragon, the fish are always ready to bite.

That is one of my biggest pet peeves at Cedar Point! I hate when people spit into the water, like ugh, how would you feel if I fed you my spit :p .

I don't really have any games I play, I usually just have conversations with people.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
LiveForTheLaunch said:
how would you feel if I fed you my spit :p .

Question 2047 out of 5,000 you should NEVER ask on an internet forum! ;)

peep

CF Legend
^LOL.

We used to play a few games at Thorpe and Chessie.

- Have a Thorpe park map at Chessington and ask staff members where Inferno or Collosucks are. Their reactions used to make us lol for ages.

- Pass a bottle of water on a ride. We did it on Vortex and got a lot of peeps wet, caused much amusement. We also did it on Dragon's Fury once, we got drenched but don't recommend cause we got told off for doing it :oops:. So we created another version...

- Pass the doggie. We had a toy of a dog so on the dodgems we passed it about to each other, the person at the end of the ride lost. We adapted this game to other items on other occasions, was a good laugh.