What's new

Fun games/pranks to do in parks

Ollie

CF Legend
^That reminds me.
On the Dodgems at Chessie, when you get off turn your wheel round as far as it will go in one direction before you get out. Then when the next people start, as soon as the cars activate they'll shoot off backwards and be stuck going round in circles for ages. :lol:

That Thorpe map in Chessie sounds good fun as well. :)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
peep said:
^LOL.

We used to play a few games at Thorpe and Chessie.

- Have a Thorpe park map at Chessington and ask staff members where Inferno or Collosucks are. Their reactions used to make us lol for ages.

or just ask where the defunct rides are...

(eg - Can you tell me where the thunderlooper is please?)

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I have a few games I play with guests. It was especially fun as a ride op to mess with people's heads.

Last weekend, I walked up to our Intamin Giant Drop and in a hushed voice asked a guest:

"Do you know how many people have DIED on this ride?"

She replied, "Oh my God, how many?"

I started to walk away, then looked back and said: "Exactly zero."

It took her a second, then she started rolling.

:D

Mackem Lad

Mega Poster
Approaching a member of staff and asking where a certain ride is whilst pointing a finger towards a park map that isn't the one you're currently at.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
peep said:
- Pass the doggie. We had a toy of a dog so on the dodgems we passed it about to each other, the person at the end of the ride lost. We adapted this game to other items on other occasions, was a good laugh.

Best...Day...Ever... :lol:

I never got the dog either... Such carefree days they were...

peep

CF Legend
Nemesis Inferno said:
peep said:
- Pass the doggie. We had a toy of a dog so on the dodgems we passed it about to each other, the person at the end of the ride lost. We adapted this game to other items on other occasions, was a good laugh.

Best...Day...Ever... :lol:

I never got the dog either... Such carefree days they were...

I don't think any of those dogs actually survived that day lol. We also tried to see how much they bounced....not a lot it would seem :p

Inverse

Hyper Poster
When at Alton Towers, it's a good laugh to stand on the path in full view of the Rita ORP camera and pull faces as the train passes. You then get to appear on an entire trains worth of ORPs. It's even funnier when someone buys one of those ORPs.

A

Anonymous

Another good game to play on Balder is the "Block the people in the row behind you so that they don't appear on the ORP" game, me and my brother have perfected this game so that we have successfully blocked people so that they were looking on the monitors for several minutes without finding themselves :)

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
In the past when good ol' Geoffrey Thompson was alive the staff down at Pleasure Beach used to play a lot of little tricks on the guests and on each other. Anually they would pour litres and litres of bubble mix into the River Caves and then riders would get stuck or foamed into the boats. Jim Rowland had a riot on his hands in the old days lol

As for myself, I just love watching peoples face if they have never been on a roller coaster before. Or the ones who have a nervous breakdown once they are nicely seated. You know the ones who scream 'I want to get off' those kinds of people.

Oh and whenever I go on Air I always have to ask the person next to me 'What if the restraint came up in the flying position.' From that point its not so relaxing for them ;)

A

Anonymous

Mackem Lad said:
Approaching a member of staff and asking where a certain ride is whilst pointing a finger towards a park map that isn't the one you're currently at.

LMAO! I'm going to try that.

The only things I ever do are funny on-ride photos and making weird noises on lift hills. Nothing too serious.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
I'm sure I've done a load of stupid things, I mean really stupid things, because I go round the park with the guy on these forums called airtimecadet, he's one of my schoolfriends. Anyway if I was some potasium he'd be the 5molar acid... or for those not familiar with chemistry, him + me = bad, bad idea.

However, the only thing I can think of at the moment is folding your arms behind your head and closing your eyes on stealth. I have become pretty good at it so it genuinely looks like I'm sleeping. You gotta tense your face ever so slightly to cope with the launch. On SRQ you get a guy screaming his head off next to you looking chilled as a cucumber.

Oh and stampeding onto rides once they have just been opened... shouting OMIGOSH this is soo high on Det when I'm 2 foot off the ground...

Oh there was once we went to legoland and we got so bored of the lack of big rides that on the wave surfer, where you press a button to release a spurt of water to soak riders, we teamed up and decided who to soak on each ride.

Usually it was some poor woman, and they laughed and it was all good because it was a hot day. But near the end of the day, we soaked this one young girl and her father, who was a beefy bloke, got mad at us and shouted at us, with a few of his beefy friends, which was slightly scary. Then we got stopped by a security guard because he'd complained to the ride op.

That's about the most daring thing I can think of, but I'm sure we've done a lot more dangerous stuff in our time.

PS in case you're wondering, if we ever go back to legoland, we will do that again, just not pick on young kids. We've learnt that it's harsh and we won't do it again... much.

Blaze

Hyper Poster
CoasterKing said:
Oh and whenever I go on Air I always have to ask the person next to me 'What if the restraint came up in the flying position.' From that point its not so relaxing for them ;)

Ooh, harsh, I shall have to try that...hehehe...

Don't think I've ever done anything too silly, just intimidate my friends and things like that.

RCF

Strata Poster
I think the funniest thing you could do, is at the fastest part of the coaster, spit out the side. I did that on Shockwave and the person in the very back(I was in the frint) got off the ride cleaning their face off :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
RollerCoasterFanatic said:
I think the funniest thing you could do, is at the fastest part of the coaster, spit out the side. I did that on Shockwave and the person in the very back(I was in the frint) got off the ride cleaning their face off :lol:

The funniest thing about that is when furie breaks your nose for being a disgusting prick! It's the the most foul thing anyone can do, and I would happily demolish anyone for doing it to me.

Hurri

Mega Poster
If someone spits from a ride I'm operating, security are promptly alerted and the offender may have their wristband promptly removed. How would you feel if someone else's spit hit you? Don't do it.

A

Anonymous

everytime i bring a guest to oakwood , this is a thing to try at a park , Go to the big rides first , and say to come on , and if their first time rides , a added bonus , pretend to sit down , once they are sat aswell , Push their restraints down and walk off of the ride! its halleriouse watching their faces afterwards. I remember doing it also to my brother on Collosus ! :p

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Yeah, lovely way to get kicked out of a park. Are you a chav, by any chance?
:roll:

The Grape Wizard

Hyper Poster
On saturday at Alton, a women in front on nemesis in the queue was really scared, all the way through the queue i was talking (loud :p ) about how you black out at least once in the ride, 80 mph, Scariest ride in England all the scary lies.

But, she actually believed me, turned around, and said SERIOUSLY!? Then the usual im not going on im not going on, she was white as a ghost, i felt quite sly so before we entered the station i told her the truth :p .

Oops.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
furie said:

The funniest thing about that is when furie breaks your nose for being a disgusting prick! It's the the most foul thing anyone can do, and I would happily demolish anyone for doing it to me.

Well said! :wav: