What's new

Fraispertuis City | Projet Storky | Custom RMC Raptor | 2024?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Ok so there is every chance this could be an early April fools joke, but it seems like Fraispertuis City in France is getting the first RMC Raptor outside of the US, and a custom one at that:-

Its stated to be 600m long (52m longer than stock Raptors), 40m high, will have 3 inversions and will feature one "unique element", currently slated as being some form of double inversion. How exciting!

EDIT:- Low-res image of the train - definitely a stork on the front and it appears to be 8 seats long.

20220330_134512.jpeg

Last edited:

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Something of note is that this coaster will be the same height as JD, but only slightly longer than the prototype Raptors, so it's probably gonna be a fairly short ride.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Well this is unexpected! This would be an amazing coup for a diddy little place like Fré-par-twee.
It's a really nice little park actually in a beautiful part of the world, but it's not one I expected to go back to anytime soon, if ever. But with a custom Raptor in the lineup I could be very tempted to make a cheeky lil return visit.
Good on 'em, I say. The world needs more Raptors.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Yeah was an elaborate Aprils Fools collaboration between the park and the guys behind CoastersWorlds.fr. :(

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
That was an evil, evil prank but very believable. Can a mod lock the topic please.

Genuine shame it's not real because they really need a new coaster and it would've been a great fit for the park.

Tulum

Mega Poster
I don't understand April Fool's jokes that make you look better than you are. In the end you're a park that jokes about building a cool coaster and you end up not having same one, probably because you don't have enough money. The joke is on them then.

Wazzupnerds

Mega Poster
Jackass move. I know a US park did this a few years ago but the name is slipping my mind. Had a bunch of angry non-thoosies extremely angry about it.

Benenen

Hyper Poster
I don't understand April Fool's jokes that make you look better than you are. In the end you're a park that jokes about building a cool coaster and you end up not having same one, probably because you don't have enough money. The joke is on them then.
Yeah I agree with this. I think April Fools Day creates weak banter at best and I'd rather it didn't exist but this Raptor one doesn't seem in the spirit of it. A good example is Knott's saying their log flume will now run with berry juice, you read it and think 'hehe, that's silly'. But a medium size park announcing a medium sized coaster they could feasibly get for an April Fools joke feels off.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
April Fool's should either be silly jokes that are obviously false (see the Knotts' log flume), or something that can be immediately seen to be false (eg clicking a link that takes you to a Rick Roll or similar). They should also exclusively be on April 1st.

Those rules have been broken here, and that's a shame. One can only hope that this is used as a basis for something big going forward, and they've used this to gauge reactions. Especially given the fair amount of effort gone into it.

ricky coasters

Roller Poster
Wait so cuz since this is fake... are the footers in the picture from the 2nd post on this thread fake too, and put for April Fools, or do ya'll think it's for something else in the park