What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

Peter

Hyper Poster
I entered a team and this year went for the option to change drivers. I'm pretty certain Lewis will always be in my selection though. ;)

Williams have released their Martini livery now, it looks very nice.

1394105344.jpg

Very interested to see who McLaren are getting as a title sponsor this year, I guess we'll find out by next weekend! Can't wait for the season to start.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Frickin' crap! Can't get my full German team like the last few seasons and have to choose between Hülkenberg or Sutil. Why the hell is Adrian worth so much this time around? :x
If I pick Strategy 1, do I loose a driver if the value of my current team selection exceeds the 40m limit?

marc

CF Legend
Yep you have to pick again.

I'm going with 45 and going to bite the bullet. I've only spent 42.

It's a risk but could be worth it.

Vettel will be a lot cheaper in a few races lol.

Jerry go for Hulk the Sauber is way off the pace.

Anything without a Merc engine does not stand a chance.

Probably now Ferrari will go and win the first race lol.

Really does look like it's between merc, Williams and Force India. This will change as the year goes on but one of them will win the first few races.

That Williams is stunning lets hope we see lots of it :)

marc

CF Legend
Not good new about ms, does sound like he is not recovering.

There are a few stories, one says he is waking up and the other saying he's not.

The family claim he is the nurses say he's not.

They really need to let his fans know what is going on tbh.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/motors ... e-him.html

It's a real shame what happened to him but as with accidents in the past some good comes out of it. They are trying to make it illegal to ski in Europe without proper head protection.

marc

CF Legend
Yes they do but could hardly hear them when not in car :(

I like the way the cars look a handful to control, lots of sliding etc.

It's meant to rain the rest of the weekend lol.

marc

CF Legend
^yep

When they use the on board cameras it's fine, it's the long shots etc you just have no idea a car is coming.

Looks like Nico R had the upper hand this weekend, not shocked seeing Lewis missed the whole of first practise.

Quali should be exciting but looks like merc have a rather huge advantage.

Pierre

Strata Poster
Sounds like the impending rain is going to make it even more exciting.

They sound like aggressive go-karts.

nealbie

CF Legend
And THAT ladies and gentlemen, is why Sebastian Vettel is NEVER going to be one of the all time greats! STUFFED by Ricciardo!

marc

CF Legend
Just goes to show when driver skill counts vettel got owned in every session.

Cars are no longer stuck to the road and you cannot just floor the car and allow the diffuser to do the work.

3 good sessions there really mixed up grid, q3 was really nail biting.

nealbie

CF Legend
Yeah, it wasn't even Ricciardo being a tiny bit faster, he was around a second quicker in every session. Obviously, Ricciardo is good but as we saw only a tiny bit better than Vergne.

If that carries on Vettel is going to be laughed off the grid very quickly. Lewis made me chuckle the way he congratulated him :lol:

marc

CF Legend
They are saying vettel was down on power. So that will mean if they need to change part he will take a penalty.

Vettel had software issues so he probably would have been up there as well.

Renualt engines are meant to be very hard to get off the start so tomorrow will be interesting.

jayjay

Giga Poster
If that session is the sign of things to come, then this could very well be the best season in a long time.

Ricciardo, Magnussen, Kvyat... wow - how to start a season in new teams/formulas 101.

If somebody had told me both Lotus drivers would finish behind Max Chilton, I would have called bollocks.

I'll withhold the Ricciardo/Vettel judgment until they've got Vettel's car completely going.