What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

marc

CF Legend
So Massa has gone to Williams and looks like the deal at lotus has gone wrong so Mal will end up there.

Nico h is now expected back at Force India with Paul losing out.

Perez is probably going back to Sauber.

Alonso is going to try and race this weekend despite being in pain with his back. Wish we were allowed to replace him in our teams as if he pulls out the race it's not fair lol.

marc

CF Legend
Now looks like Perez will go to Force India! So Paul and Nico H could actually be out of F1. Force India would not take a rookie in Mag but were happy to take Perez.

What a bloody joke.

For Nico it's even worse, he should be in a top car not out of F1. For Paul he's not had a great year but he's been better than Sutil.

marc

CF Legend
As expected looks like Kov has the Lotus drive for the next 2 races, will be confirmed tomorrow.

Nico H turned them down.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I hope that million Euro check from Ferrari was worth it. I would rather have seen him at Lotus next year than Sauber, but if Lotus wouldn't guarantee the spot I don't blame him staying put and taking the cash.

marc

CF Legend
Lotus also asked ms if he would drive the last two races but he also said no, that's a shame as the lotus is better than the Merc was that ms drove.

They say ms comeback was better than people gave him credit for as Nico has kept up with Lewis and ms kept up with Nico.

Perez has also said he's out of mclaren at the end of the year, so that's now official.

Edit:

Sorry Neal, I could not open the link you posted so did not know it was about MS.

All this is very clever by Ferrari to get 2nd or 3rd. Pay Nico so he does not drive for Lotus and send Kimi for an op lol. Kov is a good driver though and think he will get them some points. Only bad thing for him will be the tyres, he destroyed tyres that lastes let alone tyres that dont.

marc

CF Legend
Truly gutted that Dario had has to retire, a driver I have always followed and always felt F1 missed out by not having him race.

Smithy

Strata Poster
It is a bit galling that just as I read about him having to retire (waiting to see on what injuries are preventing him from racing again) I read that Maldonado is 'glad to leave Williams' and 'deserves a seat in Formula 1' when everyone and their uncle knows if he didn't have this giant sponsorship deal he'd be nowhere near.

marc

CF Legend
I wish Williams could just drop him now and be done with it.

It's a shame he will get a drive next year :(

He did do well in Spain last year though, he does have some skill but he's not a nice person.

marc

CF Legend
I actually feel a bit sorry for Perez after reading the mclaren stuff today.

Lewis was going to stay there but Ron done some stuff and said stuff behind the scenes so Lewis changed his mind and left.

The panicked and signed Perez on the back of his podium finishes but never took into account that the only race Sauber got a top 3 result in that was earned on speed was Japan and it was not Perez.

This year Perez has just had the form he had last year but mclaren had no tyre advantage. They have also said he's not faster than button and lewis was so Perez is not the man to take the team forward.

If I was jb I would look somewhere else for 2015 as he won't be at mclaren by sounds of it. They either want Alonso or Lewis back. If not they may go with their other young driver.

Paul is almost certain to be out of f1 next year, nico is expected back at Force India. Bit shocked they will keep Sutil over him though. Paul has been doing a better job as of late.

marc

CF Legend
Neal how the hell did you get a team of gros both Nico's and webber.

Well done at fitting that in but thought the budget was 45 million lol.

Should be a good race tomorrow.

marc

CF Legend
Yeah I just ignored him as much as I have with Bottas most of the year in my team lol.

Looks like the race will be dry tomorrow. Brazil is always a good race, the track is just perfect for racing.

I still expect vettel to move over for webber if they are 1-2 just so f1 fans say what a nice guy after all lol.

nealbie

CF Legend
I require Vettel to retire to have a chance winning (which is why I dropped him), but I'll still be happy to finish 2nd on the poorer strategy amongst all those reds! :lol:

marc

CF Legend
Yeah and you can bet vettel will stack it as he's due a retirement lol.

I think it's interesting how it's all worked out tbh.

The red one is more risky as you are stuck and have to go on the the winter testing form and how you think the development will happen. Tbh I've been more interested in it this year than before, not due to leading it either was still interested when I was in 5th.

Jerry for example was right near the bottom for ages then really shot up.

marc

CF Legend
On quick working out which is hard on that league I think 2nd place may have gone to ECG, will see later. It's going to be so close that's for sure.

Edit ECG got 3rd.

Strategy 1 was the one to be on, it won the overall website title.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Finishing third is fine by me. What a year for the Germans and Seb: 9-13-39! Record after record with another to go in March at the Aussie opener. :--D
Hopefully I'll still be able to continue picking a solely German team for 2014. I'm not expecting to do as well as this time around with Hülkenberg at Force India, but maybe Rosberg can make up for that. It will still be fun to see what happens.

WHAT A TEAM!
image_slshow_einzel_0_15.jpg