What's new

Formula 1™ Topic

I still haven't a clue who Fenners is and I'm not exactly anti-Sky Sports. But that segment was turdio.

I really liked it as overall it got the treatment I expected and said it would - taking the ludicrous over-analysis and intricate attention to detail they do for cup finals and MNF but for something not boring. Was fab <3

And Ted Kravitz is already better with the SkyPad than Andy Gray ever was, let alone bloody Neville! He's awesomesauce, good ol' Ted.

Well watched practise 2 and the number of adverts just ruined it.

Their front man is poor and seems to know nothing and asks silly questions.

Ms is looking like the ms of old.

As for the footage same as the bbc had.

Few new camera angles (helmet cam, undercar cam) but they're nothing to do with Sky. Practice itself was no different to what you used to get on the red button (same commentators too lul), just with adverts. Presenting team they've just tried (and failed) to copy the BBC's line up, but as above the presenter is poor and I don't think Damon is that comfortable on the mic.

Needs less Georgie Thompson airtime and more Natalie Pinkham.

Oh, and HRT need to stop wasting peoples hard earned money.

For me the whole show was like what we had on itv, it's not the same standard the bbc set.

They need to up their game, a silly pad is not going to make the show better.

F1 is not football and the show needs to be original not a copy of what they do for football.

Not many were impresses today put it that way.

And them 2 useless women can go straight away.

Well thats was interesting!

Great to see so many different teams in the mix! And good to see Red Bull down the grid. Thoroughly looking forward to race now.

I actually prefer the BBC Highlights for qualifying than I did their previous set up. Also a fan of Anderson in the pitlane, knows his stuff. Sky's coverage is still a joke.

Apart from Ben (I swear he wasn't quite this clueless commentating on BTCC), I'm going to be fine continuing with the BBC's coverage. There's no way I was going to get up for Australia or Malaysia anyway [/lazy]. As long as I have the visuals I don't really care.

I have noticed that some how someone entered a team worth 45 million.

I don't know how this happened as it was locked.

I will see how it goes but really it should not be counted as an entry.

Sky are meant to be upping their game after complaints last week.

That'll be me Marc. My bad. Just went to do another team and rejoin with the cap but I'm only allowed the one.

You can change your entry before the next race I think. It's under manage my entry.

If not don't worry I don't think it makes a huge difference tbh.

My team's only worth £40 million but it's showing up as £45 because there's £5 million budget remaining. So I can't change my drivers, must have done the £45 unchanged option thingy.

WHY does Ben Edwards exist?

Meanwhile, it may have taken him over 100 attempts to score that elusive first pole, but you really can't fault this morning's effort from Rosberg, that was a stunning lap. However, I'd still put money on Schumacher leading into Turn 1, and from there on with Hamilton's penalty and Vettel having an absolute shocker of a quali session, not to mention the always unpredictable Saubers in the mix, anything could happen tomorrow. I'm rather looking forward to it!

[youtube]
[/youtube]

Last edited:
The pre-race build up on the Beeb is great, then Ben Edwards opens his mouth and I switch over to Brundle and Croft on Sky. After the race, it's back to the beeb for their analysis.

And Lau is a legend.

During that battle between Grosjean, Maldonado, Perez and Kobayashi, pretty much side by side about 5 laps from the end, I had to provide commentary. Ben Edwards was irritating me, so I shouted over him and what's more, I think I was more factually accurate :p
Alas, I don't have the Sky option, but now I've got some cash, I'm certainly considering it before the end of the season.

As for the race itself, after a slow start, it did get seriously exciting. Major credit again to Rosberg who clearly knows the circuit inside out - and to Massa for playing 'safety car' with everyone, meaning we basically got a restart when he FINALLY peeled into the pit lane. Too bad Vettel and Raikonnen took this moment to decide to be useless >:C

The pre and post race stuff on sky is dire and croft makes a lot of errors. We have just had an hours talk about the button pit stop.

But I cannot stand Ben so I will not watch the bbc. I really miss Jake and EJ though.