What's new

Florida

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Hey guys, im sorry if i have posted this in the wrong fourum or whatever, but i was just wondering, is it a good idea to go florida in Early march? (7th-21st) I know its hard to say but by past experiances has the weather been good at these times of the year, and are there longer or shorter queues? thankyou guys. I have done reserach but i know this website is the best for advice so thankyou =)

Snoo

The Legend
Some new rides, such as Manta and HRRR, won't be open, but it is a fine time to go.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Why do you say that Mike? I find the queuelines to be much shorter when school is in session. The wait times during the winter break (President's Day week), spring break (last week in April) & after school ends for the summer, are much longer.

CMonster

Giga Poster
Well, as for the weather, it will be nice, although there is a good chance of rain. It may also be hot, but then again, it might be cooler out (Florida weather is strange)

As for the queue lines, anytime during the week is your best bet. Disney World is always going to be crowded no matter what time of year it is, but when everyone is in school the other parks should be less crowded.

Manderr

Mega Poster
Yeah, I went in March and it was really hot. But we had quite a lot of rainy days too. At Disney, just hit the major attractions when the parades are on if you don't mind missing them.

Rush

Giga Poster
Anytime before Easter Holidays is good to go but I would wait until Manta and HRRR open if I were you. Try going in mid-August. When I went it was actually really quiet. Yes it will be absolutely baking and it is in Hurricane Season but I didn't have to wait longer than 45 minutes to get on a ride.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
Manda nemesis, thanks alot! Well its already booked up, but we were thinking for the disneyparks to go when the parades are on, but just on a conclusion, this is particually aimed at manda nemesis, are the queues generally short or long, for say the animal kingdom for example, which dont have parades, and also universal studios? Since you've been in march, it would really help. Sorry for blagging on but thankyou so much for your help :D, really appricated.

Elmerfudd

Manderr

Mega Poster
Bear in mind i went a few years ago ;) I think the most we queued for anything was about an hour for Splash Mountain. Universal Studios and IOA were pretty much walk-ons for everything. I think maybe we were just lucky or timed it right, as all the parks were still very busy. Make sure you get yourself to Busch Gardens :)

marc

CF Legend
I would have thought out of season in March you would be ok, September out of season was ok.

Easter is in April this year so you have missed that. Looking at my DVC membership thing you are going low season which Disney claim is not busy.

Mike T

Mega Poster
March is generally one of our busier times of the year - based on Spring Break travelers... amongst other circumstances as well. Like I said before, don't expect fall conditions when you go, prepare for crowds comparable to what you'd see in the summer months. With capacity reductions across all 3 brands, expect even longer queue duration than you'd normally find.

elmerfudd

Mega Poster
thankyou so much people, really, you've all been a great help :). Oh, and manda nemesis, ill defo be going 2 busch gardens! ;). Thanks so much for your help.

I went in the end of March back in 2001 (wow, I can't believe it has been so long), and though I'm sure crowds and the like have changed a lot since then, we didn't wait super long for anything. I remember Tower of Terror being a walk on, and the only thing with a huge line was Rock n' Roller Coaster.

The weather was good, except for the first day we got there which was the first day it rained and stormed in like, three months! It was in the mid-eighties most of the time, though.

jamesw12

Roller Poster
Florida in the Summer ?

Managed to convince my family going to Florida in the summer will be a good idea :lol:

I know it will be busier but is there any paticular week from July - August that is likely to be less busy than usual ?

Thanks.

Rush

Giga Poster
On the last page I said:
Try going in mid-August. When I went it was actually really quiet. Yes it will be absolutely baking and it is in Hurricane Season but I didn't have to wait longer than 45 minutes to get on a ride.

:wink:

I don't know whether we were lucky or whether it's different since then but I found it was actually a pretty good time to go.

M_Force_4_ever

Roller Poster
Hmm I've never been to Orlando in March, but I'd say if you can make the 6ish hour drive to Dania than it's totally worth it for the Hurricane as it is the best wooden in the south east.