What's new

Florida

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
I was just in Florida from Tuesday to Saturday last week. It was supposedly a less crowded time of year to attend, but it was far worse than I'd been expecting.

With good planning, advice and judicious use of the fastpass system, I got to do nearly everything I had hoped to do. (I simply forgot about Philharmagic, but I would have probably had time for it if I'd remembered.)

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
It is kind of busy in March. I would choose either May or early June. Spring Break is over with and summer hasn't started yet. (I have lived down here for 23 years and have worked for one of the big parks for 85% of that time.)

A

Anonymous

I am going in 2010. I haven't booked it yet but I am going for 3 weeks. When do schools break up for summer over there? I was thinking of going at the beginning of June.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
I went in march a fewyears ago - weather was hot (not a drop of rain either), queues at universal, even at the weekend were good - 20-30 mins top, similar with sea world - perhaps just a smidgeon higher for busch, top queue at disney was about 45 mins

Homer

Hyper Poster
Fraser said:
I am going in 2010. I haven't booked it yet but I am going for 3 weeks. When do schools break up for summer over there? I was thinking of going at the beginning of June.
Colleges end their spring semester in early May. Usually around Memorial Day or the first week of June (depends on county) are when schools get out in Florida, pending hurricane days.

A

Anonymous

every time i have been its been June-July or September-October time, i find that the weather is better in June and July but in October when i went we did not have to que for anything longer than 30 mins so we had 3 weeks of walk-on's it was pretty awesome!

nadroJ

CF Legend
I find you're better off going early May. The schools haven't broken up yet, the weather isn't too inbsanely hot or thunderstormy and the queues never get longer than say 20 minutes, and these are usually all rides that some sort of FastPass is available for.

Going any later than this during the summer you'll be subjected to hoards of school kids and families on summer vacation, ridiculously hot days and also days where it rains something ridiculous, not to mention the queues.

I'd say either early May or September/October time is the best time as they both have similar weather, queue times etc.