What's new

Flamingoland Rumours

Temleh

Mega Poster
Think of the possibilities, "Velocity" becomes "Velociraptor" etc etc. Of course that'd never happen..

Martyn B

CF Legend
Apparently, in a standard email sent out by the park, they confirmed that there will be 3 sensational new rides for 2013!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
IMO, Flamingoland are unrivaled when it comes to investing in their park. They've consistently added solid ride choices for their demographic for the last 5 or so years. Ok, so they're not classics or highly rated amongst enthusiasts but they're suitable.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Yeah, FL is like the cheaper little cousin to Alton. And adding a Volare will only enhance that. Ok, they clearly are not very good coasters, but it would be unique to the UK, and I'd certainly head up there next year to have a go.

Pierre

Strata Poster
CookieCoasters said:
I hope they get a zamperla power surge because there is not many of them and I think they are really great.

I don't know if its something they really look at but Crow's fair which is a regular around the Middlesbrough and North East area (in the parks demographic) has one of these. They're **** awesome. For me it would go down really well but lots of people around the area will have already rode one - the travelling version would probably have a more insane cycle too so the parks might be a let down.

Flamingo Land tweeted this in response to someone on 10th November "watch this space, we're very close to announcing something for 2013 " but as yet they haven't announced anything....

https://twitter.com/flamingolanduk/stat ... 4318486528

Martyn B

CF Legend
As of yesterday, the Wild Mouse was still standing. So forget about that rumour for the time being.

But the Driving School attraction has been removed (next to the StarFlyer).

Martyn B

CF Legend
Huh, I only answered it?! I don't know the exact answer, so I passed on what I had heard.

Anyway, still no official confirmation, but riderater.co.uk are saying that it is now confirmed that FL will be adding a Zamperla Volare for 2013.

Tomatron

Giga Poster
As a selling point, a flying coaster is great. But I've yet to ride a Volare that doesn't beat the **** of you.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^The only one that I've been on that is almost tolerable is the one at Genting Highlands in Malaysia. That's only probably because it's an upcharge attraction - yeah, really - at that park and it doesn't get hammered more than a £10 prostitute's cervix.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
The only Volare I've been on was at Canada's Wonderland. It was vile.

Having said that, if one is to be installed, it will persuade me to head back up to the park. Two credz to pick up and on my only visit last time, I found the park to not be as bad as people make it out to be sometimes.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I still don't have Mumbo Jumbo or that aeroplane thing, so this will be three "creds" at Mingerland I'm down. Still not being tempted back there though :lol:

T0M

Hyper Poster
I'm reliably informed that one will be plonked on the Corkscrew site, and that they are terrible...

I'm guessing it won't be ready for the start of the season, as is the case with most of their rides. No idea what the other two things are going to be though.

Lofty

CF Legend
furie said:
Well, I still don't have Mumbo Jumbo or that aeroplane thing, so this will be three "creds" at Mingerland I'm down. Still not being tempted back there though :lol:
Exactly the same as me. I'd get those three too, I just cannot be bothered going, but I know I have to...

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Mumbo would probs be fine if it were run properly...

I went last year, and a Volare ain't gonna get me going back there, especially when there'll be one in New York...