What's new

Flamingoland Rumours

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
Flamingo Land are already used to capacity nightmare rides though...

Out of the blue, does anyone feel Merlin should maybe take over. I mean alot needs to be done with the park, like a good tidy up and most importantly...Get the lazy arses that are Flamingo Lands staff to work and not have them operating Kumali at a one car operation constantly, not have the dispatcher on Velocity tell a few teenage boys to quite down in the station when I've heard louder at Thorpe. Thats my main problem, not all, but a lot of the staff need some fixing up!

Martyn B

CF Legend
Nothing confirmed yet, but going by what some people are saying on The Ride Guide, the Wild Mouse is being removed. In fact, they're saying it has already been dismantled.

Colossus

Giga Poster
Nemesis of oblivion said:
Flamingo Land are already used to capacity nightmare rides though...

Out of the blue, does anyone feel Merlin should maybe take over. I mean alot needs to be done with the park, like a good tidy up and most importantly...Get the lazy arses that are Flamingo Lands staff to work and not have them operating Kumali at a one car operation constantly, not have the dispatcher on Velocity tell a few teenage boys to quite down in the station when I've heard louder at Thorpe. Thats my main problem, not all, but a lot of the staff need some fixing up!

Should Merlin take over? No.

Every trip I have had to FL I have not noticed any problems with the staff, actually the last time I was there the guy operating Velocity was quite a laugh actually.
Also last time (late last year) Kumali only had one train, as the other was in pieces in the maintenance area. I don`t know whether they have it put back together or not? But either way, it`s not as if Merlin coasters don`t run single train operations, I remember The Swarm operating a single train at a peak time.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Aye, the park's relatively fine as it is under the current management.

Suppose removing the wild mouse makes sense, the parks quite colourful with fairly new modern rides and it did stand out like a sore thumb imo.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
You guys must be lucky when you went.

Seeing loading staff sitting on a seat with a face like a slapped arse, telling people to quiet down when it wasn't that loud and it is a theme park, considering Kumali only has 1 train I can accept but loading and unloading as slow as a tortues would, it's just rubbish effort. This was during the summer period aswell. Great place but some of the staff need fixing up.

As for the mouse, I think it's time is up. I think a dark ride could benefit in it's place seeing as they only have the 4d cinema.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Nemesis of oblivion said:
You guys must be lucky when you went.

Seeing loading staff sitting on a seat with a face like a slapped arse, telling people to quiet down when it wasn't that loud and it is a theme park, considering Kumali only has 1 train I can accept but loading and unloading as slow as a tortues would, it's just rubbish effort. This was during the summer period aswell. Great place but some of the staff need fixing up.

As for the mouse, I think it's time is up. I think a dark ride could benefit in it's place seeing as they only have the 4d cinema.

Have you been to Blackpool :lol: ?

It's a people thing, you'll always find a mix of people at any given theme park, at Thorpe we had a few guys who were loud and made a huge effort to engage in customers, we had a few who were quiet and efficient and just got their job done quickly. I've found the same at Alton, FL and BPB, you'll have some staff who really stick in your head for what they do, positiviely and negatively.

sean

Mega Poster
Flamingolands staff are the worst I've come across. The management are the worst I've come across...a blend of rudeness, arrogance, incompetence and even aggression. Staff just seem to do what they please (playing on their mobile phones whilst operating rides is just one example) and they're ability to load and unload rides quickly and efficiently is incredibly poor. I haven't visited the park for almost two years, that's how low my regard for the park is at the moment....

Anyway, yeah, the wild mouse should go!

sparky2u

Mega Poster
When I visited the park last year I asked one of the staff to tell the park owner to contact "Intamin AG" & build a "Wooden Coaster with Prefabricated Track", The last woodie build in the UK was "Fobia" at Oakwood.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Temleh said:
Sounds like the park's getting a Zamperla Volare.

Any source or just speculation?

sparky2u said:
When I visited the park last year I asked one of the staff to tell the park owner to contact "Intamin AG" & build a "Wooden Coaster with Prefabricated Track", The last woodie build in the UK was "Fobia" at Oakwood.

No doubt they're in talks right now to satisfy your wish. Wasn't there a man nearby in Scarborough who could make a kid's wishes come true? I'm sure he could fiddle around and make the erection of your dreams.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A volare would fit in that spot well AND it ticks the gimmick (lift hill) box. Flamingoland do like their "cute" coasters.

Lofty

CF Legend
sparky2u said:
Uh. What? It's also "Megafobia"...

I don't know how credible the rumours of the Volare are, but I've never rode one, I'd be kind of ok with the idea of getting one in the UK. Also, has there been one for sale from another park somewhere by any chance?

Nic

Strata Poster
furie said:
Wasn't there a man nearby in Scarborough who could make a kid's wishes come true? I'm sure he could fiddle around and make the erection of your dreams.
Thanks Phil, I'm now wiping vegetable rice off my monitor!

Aren't Volares meant to be vile? Oh well, I've never done one before, so it'll be something to tick off a list.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Yeah, there's a bit of variation on the roughness, but they're really **** rides.

Oh, and at the moment there is NOTHING to back this up other than a random e-mail, sent by a total nobody, to Screamscape.

It might not be a bad choice for the park - very few of their customers would have ridden one - but I hope on a personal level that there's nothing in this.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Damn, I hope there's no truth to that rumor. Get a Zac Spin, or a Skyloop or even a Boomerang, but not one of those.

Nic

Strata Poster
^ Actually, that's a very good point. I think a Zac Spin would be brilliant at Flamingoland. They couldn't give a **** about poor throughput, they love gimicky rides that are "unique" in the UK and hardly any of their visitors would have seen one before. Plus, they're fab. Yeah, a Zac Spin would be awesome <3

BTW, this rumoured Volare, where is it supposed to be going? Where the mouse was, on the old Corkscrew site, or somewhere else?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Why are we discussing this as if it's actually happening? Here is the rumour, which any one of us is capable of starting, in its entirety:

Screamscape said:
Weird rumor time… as I got an e-mail claiming that Flamingo Land was planning to install a Zamperla Volare (Flying Coaster) for the 2013 season on the old Corkscrew site.

That's it. An e-mail that could've come from anyone, with nothing backing it up. What's to stop me sending an e-mail to Screamscape right now saying that I've heard Adventure Island are getting a Zacspin?

It's not an outlandish idea for a park like Flamingoland, which might be why we're latching onto it, but it's come from nowhere. Think about the size of the corkscrew site. Wouldn't it be a waste to put something so small there, thus essentially blocking off the site for something a bit more major in the future?

Temleh

Mega Poster
I saw the rumour on another forum (Ride Guide) so it is complete speculation. It does make sense however, with all the Zamperla rides Flamingo Land have been installing over the years.

Martyn B

CF Legend
Think about the size of the corkscrew site. Wouldn't it be a waste to put something so small there, thus essentially blocking off the site for something a bit more major in the future?

Depends really. It is a bit of a dead end around there, so it could make some sense to install a smaller coaster, and some other smaller rides, creating a whole new area.

There was a few rumours doing the mill a while back about Mingo adding a Primeval themed area (if I remember correctly, Mingo does actually sponsor the tv show).... and the old Corkscrew site has "new experience coming 2013" on the park map..... and I guess a Volare could fit in with that, with a pterodactyl theme....?