What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Just to throw some needless petrol on the fire.
There is a Blue Fire clone apparently going cheap at the moment after a Chinese project that had bought one fell apart late on. So who knows :p

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Just to throw some needless petrol on the fire.
There is a Blue Fire clone apparently going cheap at the moment after a Chinese project that had bought one fell apart late on. So who knows :p
The one rejected by Chinese safety inspectors?

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
The one rejected by Chinese safety inspectors?
Oddly no. Mack replaced the track for that at their own cost (After what sounds like some legal shenanigans) Thats still due to open at Wanda Wuxi. This one was for some unknown park. I know of 2 others heading to China but at the moment both parks seem to be moving forwards so its a bit of a mystery which park took a dive and got canned. The news came from some 2nd hand ride brokers that there was one going cheap though.

Leon

Roller Poster
Long time lurker on here but first time posting , Was at flamingo land on Sunday for one of the zoo days and i can confirm there is a lot of digging going on and lots of interesting markers around the old corkscrew site and velocity. I can not confirm that this is for the rumoured intamin inversion 10 coaster or not but something big is defiantly going on the marking peg placing can only be for a coaster and the bit i find interesting is they digging what looks like footers running parallel to velocity break run. could this be where the inline rolls could be going ( colossus) as this would be the first thing you see when entering the park ? i may be totally wrong but just wanted to confirm something is happening July this year ? not a chance , next year maybe ......

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Colossus clone, Blue Fire clone - either suits me. Anything major in the UK that isn't in a Merlin park can only be a good thing. Along with the (rumoured) Mack spinner at Paulton's, and of course Icon last year, I'm really hoping that we're seeing the early signs of Merlin losing their grip on the UK monopoly. You've only got to look on Alton and Thorpe's social media feeds to see that people, enthusiasts and gp alike, are fed up to the back teeth with the Merlin way of doing things. The more alternatives that spring up in the next few years, the better.

Last edited:

Leon

Roller Poster
Could not agree more the uk has been stagnant for far too long , Before 2018 i can remember when the last good coaster was built probably the swarm , but it should not take that long to build something decent.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
I still have some reservations about both this and the Paultons project, in that there's a lot of smoke but no sign of fire so far. Just loosely connected pieces of conjecture. It could turn out to be something much smaller than we're leading each other to believe.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Long time lurker on here but first time posting , Was at flamingo land on Sunday for one of the zoo days and i can confirm there is a lot of digging going on and lots of interesting markers around the old corkscrew site and velocity. I can not confirm that this is for the rumoured intamin inversion 10 coaster or not but something big is defiantly going on the marking peg placing can only be for a coaster and the bit i find interesting is they digging what looks like footers running parallel to velocity break run. could this be where the inline rolls could be going ( colossus) as this would be the first thing you see when entering the park ? i may be totally wrong but just wanted to confirm something is happening July this year ? not a chance , next year maybe ......
Thanks for your input, good to have some in-person evidence. We'll see how it goes.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
Could not agree more the uk has been stagnant for far too long , Before 2018 i can remember when the last good coaster was built probably the swarm , but it should not take that long to build something decent.

The Smiler in 2013?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I still have some reservations about both this and the Paultons project, in that there's a lot of smoke but no sign of fire so far. Just loosely connected pieces of conjecture. It could turn out to be something much smaller than we're leading each other to believe.

You're probably right, but I'm gonna take a leaf out of Matt N's book and be hopelessly optimistic and positive about the whole thing. Colossus clone AND a Blue Fire clone for 'Mingo, and Time Traveler MKII for Paulton's.
Calling it. :)

Dar

Hyper Poster
A little crane was onsite in the morning but gone by lunchtime. Routine maintenance? Or something more sinister?

EndlessWire

Mega Poster
A little crane was onsite in the morning but gone by lunchtime. Routine maintenance? Or something more sinister?
You'd only need a crane to build something tall. Red Force clone confirmed!

Joking aside, it's about time Flamingo Land got something new, their current roster of rides isn't quite enough to make me drop the money to visit again without any reason. A 10 looper does confuse me a little though, given it would hardly be unique in the UK. I'll be fascinated to see how they can spin this if it's true...

Thekingin64

Strata Poster

Joking aside, it's about time Flamingo Land got something new, their current roster of rides isn't quite enough to make me drop the money to visit again without any reason. A 10 looper does confuse me a little though, given it would hardly be unique in the UK. I'll be fascinated to see how they can spin this if it's true...

I believe the rumoured 10 looper is one of the new design models, hence would have the newer trains. UK's first 10 looper with only lap-bars!

On a serious note, I do hope they get something but doubt it'll be anything major. Do want to go back though, don't think I've been since they got rid of Corkscrew, certainly haven't been since Hero was built. This just acts as extra motivation...

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

I can’t help but feel that if a 10 looper does appear at Mingo the decision would have been based on cost as opposed to actual integration of the ride itself. Almost as if the park has thought the price of the ride (it’s mentioned above it’s going very cheap) represents too much of an opportunity to miss out on so will just make it work.