What's new

First coaster of the year

Rach

Giga Poster
No idea yet.

Probably could be something at Alton during February half term. (I'm not bothering with Thorpe this February. Too cold and too expensive to get there from Brum).

If I don't go to Alton, then it's likely to be Saw or Inferno on the first weekend that it is open in March.

Rush

Giga Poster
furie said:
Beastie at Alton, here I come (February) :p

Alton Towers said:
Selected attractions available every day from 10am - 4pm include:

Oblivion, Hex, Doodle-Doo Derby, Tractors, Riverbank Eye Spy, Berry Bish Bash, Dung Heap, Singing Barn, Squirrel Nutty Ride, Spinball Whizzer, Runaway Mine Train, Duel, Blade, Air

Sorry to disappoint you but Beastie isn't on there. :p

Mine will be at Thorpe almost certainly. I guess it'll be Inferno. Again.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Inferno at Thorpe, based on the grounds that it's bound to be Thorpe I go to first, and Inferno is the most reliable coaster there.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Stone Cold said:
Inferno at Thorpe, based on the grounds that it's bound to be Thorpe I go to first, and Inferno is the most reliable coaster there.

Personally I have never seen them have issues with the powered coaster, either, where as I have with Inferno.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Harvey said:
Stone Cold said:

Personally I have never seen them have issues with the powered coaster, either, where as I have with Inferno.

What about that time it was out of operation for a whole year. I know you're going to say they were moving it, but that's exactly what they want you to think.

jokerman

Giga Poster
^^I have had problems with it. It is pretty much the only ride my sister will go on, so when it wasn't working our day was screwed.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
What about that time it was out of operation for a whole year. I know you're going to say they were moving it, but that's exactly what they want you to think.

Really?

MY GOD, THE BASTARDS!

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Oh yeah, Thorpe do this all the time, remember the themeing that was planned for Stealth, gone! The decnet ride for 2009, gone! And everyone knows who really burnt down the witches haunt.

Anyway, as an aside, in the most influential coaster topic, you just said that electrically powered rides aren't coasters, so why bring up the fish in the first plaice*?

*Pun blatantly intended.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Stone Cold said:
Anyway, as an aside, in the most influential coaster topic, you just said that electrically powered rides aren't coasters, so why bring up the fish in the first plaice*?

*Pun blatantly intended.

I'm ignoring the intellectual part of that comment due to the fact that my hand has furiously slapped my forehead, ergo I must lie down to recover, that's enough pun abuse to last a life time.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Rush said:
furie said:
Beastie at Alton, here I come (February) :p

Alton Towers said:
Selected attractions available every day from 10am - 4pm include:

Oblivion, Hex, Doodle-Doo Derby, Tractors, Riverbank Eye Spy, Berry Bish Bash, Dung Heap, Singing Barn, Squirrel Nutty Ride, Spinball Whizzer, Runaway Mine Train, Duel, Blade, Air

Sorry to disappoint you but Beastie isn't on there. :p

Mine will be at Thorpe almost certainly. I guess it'll be Inferno. Again.

Swines! In defiance of this poor choice of opening ride - I refuse to ride anything until I get Beastie as my first credit... Which may make me sad on Saw opening weekend (I'm off to Paultons too and would be gutted not to ride a coaster there ;) )

Lucy

Hyper Poster
Christmas Coaster at Hyde Park was my last coaster of 2008

That was also my last coaster of 2008 and I really enjoyed it!

Anyway as for this year it'll probably be something at Thorpe, hopefully Inferno! :D

CMonster

Giga Poster
Mine was the Tiger side of Gwazi at Busch Gardens Tampa, which isn't exactly the best way to start the new year.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Either Spinball or Oblivion on the 14th I reckon. The only way it'll be Air is if those two are down!

Usually, since I would've been somewhere over New Years Eve, I would've cachinged many a coaster by now. But oh well.

Ingested Banjo

Mega Poster
Oh! My brother went to winter wonderland and he said christmas coaster was a clone of grizzly bear...

I'll give him a chance though, as he's never been to LWV and the only rides he's ridden are in legoland... and XNWO

And SC, that whole thing about the powered coaster sounds a little fishy really...

Gazza

Giga Poster
I went back to SW for a few more rides on Jet Rescue on new years day, so that was my first.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Inversionperson said:
Oh! My brother went to winter wonderland and he said christmas coaster was a clone of grizzly bear...

Well, it's certainly a Pinfari Zyklon, but I don't know which of the two models it was. I suspect it's the old Southport Pleasureland Wildcat though, which means it's different (Wilcat was a Z40, and Grizzly Bear is a Z47)

It's all about the lift hill, one has a lift hill crossing the track, the other has it to one side - I can't remember which is which off the top of my head [/failed geek]