What's new

First coaster of the year

^The Z40 has the lift crossing the track, and is the model that the Christmas Coaster was, making it the same as Southport's.

Whether it was Southport's exact model or not, I don't know? It was freshly painted... that's all the evidence I have.

Oh I just thought it looked different becuase christmas coaster in the picture looks as if it has a lot more helices and less drops than the one at LWV

Inversionperson said:
Oh I just thought it looked different becuase christmas coaster in the picture looks as if it has a lot more helices and less drops than the one at LWV

Yes it does - they're different, which is what we said :)

I heard that the Wildcat was bought by a traveling fair and was due to tour - but we all know what industry rumours are like :roll:

As Alton have pissed me off by not opening Beastie, I'm going to find a Big Apple to ride... TwinLakes is looking good so far in a couple of weeks ;)

My first Coaster for 2009 was Rage on the first day of this year and I road it 19 times, just for the shear fun of it, or to get my monies worth.

My first coaster of 2009 was Shockwave the Schwarzkopf Looper at Funderland on the 1st of January. I also managed the Christmas Coaster at Hyde Park last weekend.

Haha, Im the same as Emmett!

Rode Shockwave at Funderworld on Thursday (despite the sore head).

And I also got Christmas Coaster on Sunday. Both actually really smooth nice rides.

^It's looking likely that my first coaster of the year will be something at Thorpe.

I'd like to get another visit to Everland and/or Lotte World in before I leave Korea, but the only time I'd have would be on a Sunday, which would be stupidly busy.

Caterpillar or powered Buffalo coaster? That is the question!

Or maybe I'll just watch, photograph and enjoy ;)

Sunday anyway, the decision will be made. :)

Mine is either going to be Speed or Megaphobia at Oakwood on the 7th of April (See trip planning as I have made a post about a possible mini-live!).