What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
November 2014 announcement to January 2023 opening has to be some sort of record.

What seems particularly tragic to me is that alongside Formula Rossa and Flying Aces, it's hard to imagine that this is really any more than a filler coaster. For a nine year wait, that's a tough pill to swallow, whichever way you spin it.

We can only hope that it's reliability is a bit more typical.

sneakycoasters

Roller Poster
November 2014 announcement to January 2023 opening has to be some sort of record.

What seems particularly tragic to me is that alongside Formula Rossa and Flying Aces, it's hard to imagine that this is really any more than a filler coaster. For a nine year wait, that's a tough pill to swallow, whichever way you spin it.

We can only hope that it's reliability is a bit more typical.
Depends if Sik at Flamingo Land counts, that was a 2012 coaster that opened in 2022 but was not assembled

sneakycoasters

Roller Poster
If you're counting rides like Sik then the Jet Star that was delivered to Parque De La Ciudad in Argentina in 1979 but sat unused for decades and didnt open on the travelling circuit until 2017 is going to take some beating.
Haha oh wow.

Fascinated to see what people say about this Ferrari ride.

cookie

Giga Poster
Any idea what a sideways coaster drop is? Just a drop with the riders facing sideways?
I’m assuming they mean this:

SFX-Coaster_preview-600x379.jpeg

The car moves onto a piece of track that is then sent down a slope with the riders facing sideways. Here’s an extremely brief clip of it testing:

Last edited:

spicy

Giga Poster
Well I never thought this would actually ever open. Still I will believe it when I see it actually operating.

If they get this actually working then maybe the one at Genting SkyWorlds will even have a chance of opening some day.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Well I never thought this would actually ever open. Still I will believe it when I see it actually operating.

If they get this actually working then maybe the one at Genting SkyWorlds will even have a chance of opening some day.
I wouldn't hold your breath I'm afraid. Think more may come out about it soon.

But will be nice to see them get one open at least.

azmi

Roller Poster
Genting's won't be opening at all, sadly.
There is no source and official statement. Genting will not open their SFX Coaster. I work in the park and I got the information that the SFX Coaster will open, but it will take some time because it is a bigger spec than the Mission Ferrari and they have the "turn table" element that is not in Mission Ferrari even the size of the ride is also bigger. Don't worry they are in the process of creating the story theme for the attraction and cause them to have to hold back for the installation of the track, you have to remember that this coaster needs to take a long time by changing the design of the theme of the attraction, which used to be Alien VS Predator, but the IP used is secret and cannot be revealed until the exact date.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
If a roller coaster opens and there is no-one left on earth to ride it, does it count as a cred?

Given the timescale of Mission Ferrari, and hearing that the Genting one is more complex, it wouldn't surprise me to see that one take even longer. How long has it been for that one already?

I'm more amazed they even sold a second one, to be honest.

Dar

Hyper Poster
How different is the tech between these and Escape from Gringott's? That seems to do everything that was promised with Mission Ferrari and not have significant downtime.

Ethan

Strata Poster
How different is the tech between these and Escape from Gringott's? That seems to do everything that was promised with Mission Ferrari and not have significant downtime.
Unless I'm mistaken, the cars on the Dynamic Attractions model don't have motion bases, I think they're static. Whereas Gringotts can just rotate each car like a dark ride, these Dynamic Attraction coasters have to use big turntables. The 'sideways drop' could be done on Gringotts by just rotating the cars 90 degrees and going down a normal drop, no clumsy switch tracks and tracks on separate tracks etc.

Gringotts seems a lot less clunky to me.

cocoa

Mega Poster
yeah it seems like a weirdly overcomplicated engineering solution. its not like we haven't had rotating coaster cars before