Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scenic adventure rides

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Splash battle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jodabomb24

Roller Poster
My favorite is the water coaster, like Journey to Atlantis in SeaWorld San Diego. The fact that you get the smoothness of a roller coaster without the banging back and forth of the shoot-the-chutes, along with the splashes of water is just great. Not to mention the added "cool" factor of Journey to Atlantis having an actual ELEVATOR during the ride.

On a side note, rapids rides are great, but only if a) you have no stuff with you you don't want to get wet, or b) there's a bin in the middle where you can store stuff. I've only seen the latter once or twice.

LINKY

Roller Poster
The Flume @ Alton Towers is awesome with your mates.
Stormforce 10 @ Drayton Manor is also awesome with your mates.

Chris Coasters

Strata Poster
I have only been on one water coaster and I didn't know what a water coaster was until a few days ago. I would have to say that log flumes are my favorite water ride. If your at a park and its a really hot day its one of the best ways to cool off.

drzkid64

Roller Poster
I am a fan of the scenic adventure rides. I love Journey to Atlantis at Seaworld Orlando, which is also a watercoaster. I think log flumes are great too.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
Hmmmm tough one.

I'm gunna say shoot the chutes because cmon, epic wave and you get soaked. Also it has a bit of thrill since they usually have a tall/steep drop. The one at Hershey is pretty gnarly.

Next is probably the river rapids, as they are pretty fun and will get you soaked as well.

Then log flumes, eh...relaxing I guess and the drops are fun but don't usually bother, also they don't get you very wet. On a...maybe related note: I generally have only gone on log flumes riding with a female ; )

Never been on a water coaster, and scenic adventure rides....is that like Escape from Pompeii and Journey to Atlantis? They are kind of slow but decent fun and the theming is usually pretty cool. Dont really bother though.

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^If you have to use log flumes as an excuse to get close to girls, then you need to work on your technique.

For me, it's probably the "adventure" style boat ride, preferably with a decent drop or two thrown in. My favourite water ride is easily Jurassic Park, which fits into that category.

I'm not a fan of the generic shoot the chutes rides that are pretty much everywhere, but the huge ones in the Happy Valley parks are really good, the Beijing version especially:

odysea%202.jpg

I like the drops on water coasters, but the actual "coaster" bits are pretty crap.

Where would something like Storm Force 10 or this fit in:

crazy%20flume%201.jpg

They're not log flumes (bigger / different boats), but not shoot the chutes either. Valhalla is basically a themed version I guess. They're excellent though.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
No no you have it in reverse...log flumes are only good when you already have the girl.

Goodness, the theming on that is brilliant.

andrus

Giga Poster
I like all kind of water rides! Flumes are classic fun. Agreed that the coaster bits of water coasters are a bit meh, but the drops are nice. I actually really like the drop on shoot the chutes, a great thrill, and it's always fun to see some drenched people coming of the ride. But the favourite has to be rapids! They're probably the most fun attractions to ride at a theme theme park with friends :)

ryeinc

Roller Poster
I'm a big water ride guy but I'd have to say my favorite types are log flumes. They're classics!