Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scenic adventure rides

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Splash battle

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jokerman

Giga Poster
Got to be rapids for me. I love the fact that there can be lots of different experiences. Some thrilling bits, like the amazing drop at Phantasiland, some funny, like laughing at the people who get soaked by waterfdalls etc, and some relaxing, when you're just floating along.

Darren B

Giga Poster
this is a really hard one because they all have there positives but im going with the shoot the chute style ride purely based on tidal wave(only one ive been on) it has a great drop and you get absolutely drenched..thats what a water ride is for right?

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Other - The Tea Trays at Oakwood. Followed closely by Nautic Jets. They're terrifying and potentially soaking! :)

Gazza

Giga Poster
I think I'm going to have to vote for rapids. Emmet pretty much has it spot on, that whole game or Russian roulette in terms of who is going to cop a soaking is half the fun.
For a rapids to be any good though it needs to be the type commonly seen at parks in the US, with proper waves that flood the floor of the raft with 30cm of water and fountains and waterfalls that don't turn off and have hefty flows of water.

Jake

Strata Poster
Rapids are awsome, and stuff like Nautic Jets are funny.

I obviously like water coasters too, because I can count them!

DjTommyB

Hyper Poster
I think I'll go with the scenic adventure rides option as I really liked Valhalla and got pretty soaked on it. :)

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
My favourites are the scenic adventure type, since I'm a sucker for theming. The ones that also incorporate a decent drop or two are the best. I'm thinking specifically here of Jurassic Park and Splash Mountain, which are both absolutely fantastic rides.

I enjoy Shoot the Chutes, too. The drops on those can rival a lot of coaster drops in my opinion. My favourites are the models at the Happy Valley parks: huge drops combined with great theming.

Log Flumes. Very hit and miss for me, again often depending on the theming. A pet peeve of mine is slow log flumes that scrape and bump along the trough. I hate that feeling. If they're fast flowing, and have a decent drop and/or theming, I love them. Best I can think of off the top of my head would be at Space World (weird, twisting drop, big final drop and cool theming), Yokohama Cosmoworld (best log flume drop ever), and Formosan Aborginal Culture Village (fast flowing with great theming).

Rapids. Hmmmm. With the right people, they can be a lot of fun, but as rides there are a lot of really crap ones. There are a few that I really enjoy, though, and I'll always give them a go when I'm at parks that have them. My favourite is probably at Lotte World. It's short and not wet at all, but it's very fast, themed fantastically, and the fact that it's all indoors, almost hiddden near the top of a seven-floor building blows my mind. The ones with the "bendy" boats (Vekoma I think?) are also very good, due to how low they sit in the water and the amount of water they let in.

Splash Battles? Meh, and still yet to try a water coaster.

costar

Mega Poster
gavin said:
The ones with the "bendy" boats (Vekoma I think?) are also very good, due to how low they sit in the water and the amount of water they let in.

You might mean Hafema? e.g. Phantasia's is a Hafema. Often found in parks with the vision to look past the same old Intamin.

Gazza

Giga Poster
No, Hafema definitely use rigid boats http://www.hafema.de/index.php?id=99

I think it is Vekoma that do the articulated boats, but they don't list them on their website for some reason.

Intamin have also marketed a version of these boats too:
water_ride_2_990.jpg

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Articulated! That's the word I was looking for. English teacher my arse! The only rapids I've tried that have them are at Space World and Everland. Where else has them?

The new Hafema rapids at Fuji Q were really good, too. They looked a complete arsehole, had horrendous capacity and were being run like crap, but as an actual ride were among the best I've ridden.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Screaming Coasters said:
I can't understand why Valhalla is rated so high? It's a pile of crap.

Valhalla = Marmite

OK... I like pretty much all water rides, I hate when people go on them and then complain when they get wet... What part of "water ride" did you not understand?

It's so difficult for me to pick, although I have no idea what nautic jets are? [Edit - just looked about and now I know... wow, I want a go!]

Er, at a push I'll probably go for scenic adventure type ride, in the vain of Valhalla, Splash Mountain or Jurassic Park, and I would class Journey to Atlantis as one as well...

But in more broad terms, I love all water rides, so I'm gonna vote other - All of them!

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Just realised I didn't even mention rapids!

Rapids are awesome too, especially IOA's ones, they are my absolute favourite in the world, they pull no punches!!!

marc

CF Legend
The ones at IoA are fantastic due to how wet you get.

The ones at California Adventure are my 2nd favorite, and they are so good just to watch as well due to the theming etc.

Jake

Strata Poster
Gazza said:
gavin said:
^Articulated! That's the word I was looking for. English teacher my arse! The only rapids I've tried that have them are at Space World and Everland. Where else has them?
Rio Grande at Walibi World has them, thats the only one I know off the top of my head

Bellewaerde Park in Belgium does too.

rapids1.jpg

Although Walibi's are a lot better!

CMonster

Giga Poster
Dangit, all the good answers are taken. :lol:

Anyways, I prefer any water ride as long as it is themed well, for instance splash mountain, jurassic park, dudley do right's ripsaw falls, pirates of the carribean, ect. Out of those, I prefer the ones with the big drops that come out of nowhere, eg jurassic park. Anything well themed, though, I love.

A

Anonymous

VALHALLA!!!! :--D its amazing especially when everythings working onit (the rainbow fountin absolutely soaks you) gotta love it though!!