What's new

Favourite mine train?

Naemuti

Mega Poster
Error said:
In my book, the best theming is the least theming. I still love mine train coaster because they're simple and fun. They're never boasting about being the tallest or the fastest, they're just there to be a fun time.

Right, I don't care about that sort of showboating either. but that doesn't really have anything to do with the theming. You can have a good themed and modest coaster. :)

Bottom_Feeder_13

Hyper Poster
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland is the best I've ever been on, although, that is'nt saying much, by far the worst is Carolina Goldrusher, no theming and the entire ride is just a few drops and a couple of turns.

fishman100

Mega Poster
pebs34 said:
Big Thunder Mountain at Magic Kingdom. It is awesome in the dark.

BTMR for sure. I've only been to the one at Disnelyand (CA) but that was great.

Riding it in the dark is fantastic; although you may miss out on the awesome scenery you'll love the lights in the tunnels and the dark night sky surrounding you. I rode that 6 times in the dark and twice in daylight. I don't regret a single ride :)

reddude333

Giga Poster
I would have to say Big Thunder Mountain Railroad but I can't remember which was better in Disneyland or Magic Kingdom...the theming always made the ride for me as a child...

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ Don't worry, I remembered for you. Disneyland. :wink:

forrestc

Roller Poster
I'd have to say that my favorites are the Disney Thunder Mountains on either US coast. Although I think if I had to choose I'd choose the one at DisneyLand. I think I got the last ride on both coasts the last time I was there - after 'endurance riding' the last half-hour each park was open.

I will also say the cast at DisneyLand was having a LOT more fun at the end of the day than at the Magic Kingdom, although I did notice about half the cast at the Magic Kingdom hopped on the coaster to get that last ride in.

Oh, and the older steel mine coaster at SFMM, well it's pretty much described as YAAAAHHHHHNNNNN..

-forrest