What's new

Favourite mine train?

A

Anonymous

I like the Cedar Creek Mine Ride, it doesn't seem like much of a mine, but it has good drop anticipation, then wam, no drop >_>

Lofty

CF Legend
El Diablo at Port Aventura. I don't actually know why I love it. It's always had a high place in my heart. If you sit back row, you get slight air in some places along it's course and the final drop into the tunnel can be pretty forceful. So yeah, El Diablo <3

Ollie

CF Legend
I quite enjoyed Colorado Adventure and El Diablo. I haven't been on that many Mine Trains though.

Oh and the one at Bakken was fun. :)

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Pieman said:
Hyde244 said:
Four Words

Cedar. Creek. Mine. Ride.

CCMR is quite possibly the WORST mine train I've ever been on. :?
Yeah, the ride sucks. :razz: But it's nostalgic, so I will always love another go on it.

In all seriousness, I'd say Adventure Express at Kings Island or Big Thunder Mountain Railroad Disneyland (Disneyworld is good, but I do like DL better).

When riding a Mine Train, as long as its an Arrow, you are good to go.

Martyn B

CF Legend
shane790_0 said:
I think the American Adventure mine train was one of the best ever and for me the best we had in the UK!

Cant wait untill the mellors get it up and running as a traveling train

WHAT? Since when?

My god this is weird, was only today that I was thinking of AA's Mine Train, and wondering what happened to it. And then I read this, in an old topic thats been bumped!

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Oh my God this has come back from the grave.

Stick to my first comments though, love Disneylands'. I'm suprised with the negative comments about the one at Paris, I quite like it.

Chessington's is ****.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
It might have risen from the grave, but I missed it completely first time around.
Pieman said:
Hyde244 said:
Four Words

Cedar. Creek. Mine. Ride.

CCMR is quite possibly the WORST mine train I've ever been on. :?

... Trailblazer at Hersheypark is a pretty close second; it was fun and had a decent ending helix if I remember correctly.
CCMR is nowhere near the best, but Trailblazer is probably the worst I've been on.
Ollie said:
Oh and the one at Bakken was fun. :)
I don't really consider it as a mine train just because it has mine train in the name & Intamin says it's one. That would be like saying that Silver Mine at Freizeitpark Plohn is a mine train when it's just a Flitzer. Just my opinion, which isn't politically correct.

Colorado Adventure & Big Thunder Mountain are way up there & Adventure Express is fun in spite of the huge buildup to nothing at the end, but my favorite is the quirky Alpenexpress at Europa Park just for that fab indoor mine section with the Tiroler Wildwasserbahn log flume interaction & the guests walking around & over the coaster & flume in that section.

Ollie

CF Legend
^Yeah I was going to ask if it counted but didn't want to look stupid if it turned out to be a silly question. :p

Tomatron

Giga Poster
DLP's Big Thunder Mountain is the best I've been on so far. But Colorado Adventure clearly needs to be addressed.

El Diablo is awesome because it has a lift hill, a turn and then another lift hill straight away. :lol:

Error

Strata Poster
I haven't been on many (4?), but Adventure express beats BTMR by a hair. I mean litterally, BTMR is right below adventure on my list.

In my book, the best theming is the least theming. I still love mine train coaster because they're simple and fun. They're never boasting about being the tallest or the fastest, they're just there to be a fun time.

CCMR is crap, though.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
East Coast(er) General said:
Colorado Adventure & Big Thunder Mountain are way up there & Adventure Express is fun in spite of the huge buildup to nothing at the end, but my favorite is the quirky Alpenexpress at Europa Park just for that fab indoor mine section with the Tiroler Wildwasserbahn log flume interaction & the guests walking around & over the coaster & flume in that section.
What about Thunderation at Silver Dollar City? I thought that was a good one too. :)

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
Tomatron said:
El Diablo is awesome because it has a lift hill, a turn and then another lift hill straight away. :lol:

I've been on El Diablo too... :D

I'm such a BTM fan. I can't help but have fun around it. It's an amazing night time ride!

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Hixee said:
East Coast(er) General said:
What about Thunderation at Silver Dollar City? I thought that was a good one too. :)
Yes, I should have mentioned it as well, as it's clearly better than Adventure Express. Those would be my top five.