Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Titan Airways

• Viking (Airline that bought XL)

• Total voters

Jools

Giga Poster
What is your favourite major british airline, by major, I'm talking about flag carriers, budget airlines and holiday airlines.

Simples.

Sorrythat I didn't count Ryanair, but technically it's Irish and most people hate it anyway apart from who works with them XD.

Sorry Mark :p

Jools

Giga Poster
Oooh, sorry, I had a debate to myself about that one, it was Mark previously I kept changing it lol.

Rush

Giga Poster
British Airways.

It's the only one I ever fly by really and it has the nicest livery.

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Now would I work for a company I hated, come on, but then Virgin gives people free flights, and there is no way I am working a week with no pay :evil: , but I voted BA anyway, you knwo promotion stuff XD.

nealbie

CF Legend
Easy(Cheesy)Jet. They are the perfect example of how a cheap airline is supposed to be run! Take note to the bosses Mushroom! :wink:

AmandaPanda

Mega Poster
Neal said:
Easy(Cheesy)Jet. They are the perfect example of how a cheap airline is supposed to be run! Take note to the bosses Mushroom! :wink:

^ I totally agree with that, no offence to anyone, but Ryanair is a dump, you walk onto EasyJet, you have more leg room then the average budget airline, your'e not charged for absoloutly everything, and you don't land in Frankfurt when you're meant to be going to Berlin for example, or land in Essex when your'e meant to be going to London :p
Ba doesn't fly to Stansted, we have sense, mind you, it owuld be good for the rest of EA and I wouldn't have far to drive back home.

Nic

Strata Poster
^ lol! I love you Neal! :D

btw, I'm not voting because I've only flown with three of the airlines in that list. I get a feeling I might like some/one of the ones I've not been with yet more than the ones I have.

Nicky

Hyper Poster
Definitely Virgin.

Didn't have any complaints when I flew with them a few weeks ago.

BA was a bit rubbish when I went to Barcelona.

EasyJet was just cheap but I like my comfort.

Flown with First Choice, Monarch, My Travel and Thomsonfly. Not really anything to write home about.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Jools, a couple of corrections:

It is spelt easyJet not EasyJet

Viking is a SWEDISH airline, it has a SE- registration, not G-. Bit like Ryanair is an Irish airline, so it has EI- registrations

Travel City Direct don't really exist anymore, most of it is owned by Virgin Atlantic

easyJet V Ryanair leg room:
EZY: 29
FR: 30

Ryanair wins. Want to know more about leg room etc. go here:http://www.westernair.co.uk/seatpitch.html

Also where is Astraeus? They have a famous pilot, Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden. He flies the 757-200.

Also Palmair, which was voted 3rd best airline in the world!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... world.html

Ranting over =]

Jools

Giga Poster
Lol :p
Whatever Mark,

1) Ryanair sucks
2) Viking is part english and is now a major carrier at Gatwick anyway
3) Ryanair sucks
3) Actually it's spelt Eyzyjat
4) Ryanair sucks
5) Palmair is operated by other airlines

Martyn

Giga Poster
Mushroom said:
Jools, a couple of corrections:

It is spelt easyJet not EasyJet

Viking is a SWEDISH airline, it has a SE- registration, not G-. Bit like Ryanair is an Irish airline, so it has EI- registrations

Travel City Direct don't really exist anymore, most of it is owned by Virgin Atlantic

Ryanair wins. Want to know more about leg room etc. go here:http://www.westernair.co.uk/seatpitch.html

Also where is Astraeus? They have a famous pilot, Bruce Dickinson, lead singer of Iron Maiden. He flies the 757-200.

Also Palmair, which was voted 3rd best airline in the world!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... world.html

Ranting over =]

Aahahahahahaha.

Christ, Mark. You're far too loyal.

Ryanair are still a bunch of sly, money-grabbing tossers.

nealbie

CF Legend
You know Mushroom's getting desperate when he has to resort to technicalities like airline spelling! :lol:

&
Mushroom said:
So what's that easyJet's most crampt seat vs an aisle seat on Ryanair? :wink:

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Jools said:
Lol :p
Whatever Mark,

1) Ryanair sucks
2) Viking is part english and is now a major carrier at Gatwick anyway
3) Ryanair sucks
3) Actually it's spelt Eyzyjat
4) Ryanair sucks
5) Palmair is operated by other airlines

1) Meh
2) You could say that about Ryanair, but in Stansted. Viing still has Sedish registrations and HQ in Stockholm
3) Can't say that twice
3A) LOL
4) Cant say that for a third time
5) True, but it still operates

Martyn: I actually defended sleasyJet there =p

Neal: Just standard seat I guess.

But at least you get MORE leg room on easyJet and Ryanair than on the charter operators! And you don't get annoying people reclining their seats in front of you =]

Emmett

Giga Poster
My favourite I've flown one from that list would be bmi. I've used them a few times from Ireland going to London and I've always enjoyed their service and they once when I was going to late and miss my connecting flight, they sorted me out with all the information I needed.

Ben

CF Legend
Ryanair are the pits. I don't care if the horrid yellow plastic is an inch further away from me than the lush touch-screen televisions you get on other planes, it's still the absolute arse-end of planes.

I didn't like EasyJet that much, but, cheap and cheerful.

British Airways are fine, but, Virgin win for me.

However, Air Canada are supreme over all. What an airline <3

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster
I haven't been on that many different airlines, but I had an excellent experience on the First Choice planes so I'm going to vote them. I've always flown first-class oh First Choice and they never fail to deliver. Free drinks, champagne, food and pillows is a plus.

My opinion would probably change if I flew with Virgin or somebody of that caliber.