Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Titan Airways

• Viking (Airline that bought XL)

• Total voters

Jake

Strata Poster
I like Ryanair and slEasyjet because they're cheap, but the service offered by Airlines like BA and Virgin is a LOT better, and i'd much rather fly with them if I could afford to.

Anyone remember Air2000?

Gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Somehow, the cheapest tickets I got to/from Tokyo were with Virgin. Great airline! Probably the best I've flown with apart from Singapore Airlines (FAB by the way).

Ryanair can suck my balls. To be fair, I've never had any major issues with them. They did cancel a flight I had booked, which actually worked out in my favour because I was going to ditch that flight anyway, and ended up with a flight credit. They're just so **** ing ghetto though.

1. Other airlines fly you to major cities. Ryanair fly you to small towns an hour away from major cities. (I know that's why they're cheaper, but if easyJet can fly into Charles de Gaulle...)

2. Other airlines have a selection of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Ryanair have two-for one rum and cokes.

3. Other airlines have a wide variety of music channels available for passengers to listen to, or not, as they see fit. Ryanair have incessant J2O adverts over the speaker system.

4. Other airlines sell perfumes from Gucci, Chanel, and Calvin Klein, alongside Creme de la Mer skin products and Mont Blanc pens. Ryanair sell scratch cards.

5. Pilots on other airlines give you information on weather conditions, plane speed and altitude. Pilots on Ryanair try to sell you two-for-one booze, J2O and scratch cards.

6. Flight attendants on other airlines speak a variety of languages. Flight attendants on Ryanair speak with a variety of Merseyside accents.

7. Flight attendants on other airlines wear uniforms designed by top, international designers. Flight attendants on Ryanair wear hickies.

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Somehow, the cheapest tickets I got to/from Tokyo were with Virgin. Great airline! Probably the best I've flown with apart from Singapore Airlines (FAB by the way).

They were totally amazing when we flew to Christchurch, <3 Plus the hostesses were totally hot, good fourteen year old times! :D

Ruinair are the pits, true, but I've personally had any problems with their service, and I ignore the bull**** by falling asleep, so meeeeh.

Jools

Giga Poster
Lol, 3 hour delay to DUBLIN <<< Could have walked :lol:
2 hour delay from Kracow <<< Could have ran :lol:
Dirty as hell planes, worse than Futura!
Bright yellow seats *point at back of mouth and makes gagging noises*

:lol:

Mr Nash

Hyper Poster
I do like British Airways,and will always fly with them whenever possible.

But if the others get me to where I want to go,then I'm happy.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Brilliant post Gavin - love it :)

gavin said:
7. Flight attendants on other airlines wear uniforms designed by top, international designers. Flight attendants on Ryanair wear hickies.

I LOL'd until I thought of Raybould - now I feel queasy...

A

Anonymous

First choice gets my vote. I'm so glad I've never flown with RyanAir. :?

DDF14

Mega Poster
In my job I travel all the time for Hawk-eye, we use BA the most but I hate to admit it but Virgin to LA was my best flight on a British carrier.....
I would say though overseas airlines are better..

Gazza

Giga Poster
danthecoasterman said:
British Airlines are crap, get on a Jetstar plane :lol: Pure comfort :)
Yes, I do like the leather seats on JetStar, but ever since I was subjected to an overnight delay with them I decided I don't like them very much (That and the fact they don't fly to Melbourne Tullamarine, but rather the stupidly out of the way Avalon)....So I tend to fly with Virgin Blue.