What's new

Favorite Woody?

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
right after CF bought Paramount..

I never knew this website owned a big movie company :p

My favourite woodie has to be Big dipper at PBB ( Mainly Because I haven't been on many.)

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
Well my favorites are obvious to all those that know me or have looked through all that crap in my sigi, but here's my top 10 & yes, the other El Toro at Freizeitpark Plohn is that good. It's the best "small" woodie you'll ever have the pleasure to ride!

1. Boulder Dash
2. El Toro
3. The Voyage
4. Colossos
5. Phoenix
6. Ravine Flyer II
7. Beast
8. Prowler
9. Cornball Express
10. El Toro (Friezeitpark Plohn)

s15c

Mega Poster
I still have to say, Mean Streak is my favorite woodie. I don't know why, I just find it to be amazing.

And I've been on a few other decent ones (El Toro, Lightning Racer, Ghost Rider, few others not as great).

Mike

Giga Poster
My top 2 coasters, let alone woodies, by far and away, are Boulder Dash and Phoenix.

I'm now not too sure what my number 3 is. Balder was excellent and A LOT better than El Toro, but I also really liked some of the GCIs which I've ridden as well though (Prowler, Terminator, Lightning Racer & Renegade... The 2 Roars, Gwazi, Evil Knievel & HP's Wildcat aren't anywhere near as good though!).

Tough choice.

andrus

Giga Poster
I haven't ridden that many woodies but out of those I've ridden Colossos at Heide Park is by far the best! :--D Stampida is a really funny ride as well, just not the awesomness that Colossos is. The only other mentionable woodie I've been on is Balder, but to be honest that's a pretty boring coaster.

Lofty

CF Legend
Before the Kumbak Takeover of Stampida. Stampida would have won it hands down. It used to be amazing.

But now, it would have to be Megafobia!

nadroJ

CF Legend
El Toro <3

But also, Colossos which NEEEEEEDS to be ridden again and Troy, which is just fast and fun.

foilfencer591

Roller Poster
Boulder dash

awww yeah.... but if u want to talk about the worst I would have to say Cyclone at SFNE.... that was just terrible!!!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
s15c said:
I still have to say, Mean Streak is my favorite woodie. I don't know why, I just find it to be amazing.

And I've been on a few other decent ones (El Toro, Lightning Racer, Ghost Rider, few others not as great).
*stares at this post with an appalled look on his face, wondering how it's been ignored*

You worry me.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^I ignored it since it's below even me to make fun of people with clear mental deficiencies.

Brookes

Giga Poster
Only been on 14 woodies, but Terminator Salvation is my favourite. It is so quick and it just felt crazy. Also really like Tonnerre de Zeus, it was my second ever coaster and it's pretty wild.

s15c

Mega Poster
gavin said:
^I ignored it since it's below even me to make fun of people with clear mental deficiencies.
I like the bumpiness. To be honest, my favorite part is getting off the ride and yelling out, "I need a chiropractor!" But seriously, it's a fun ride if you actually want it to be fun. El Toro and Lightning Racer are better, just not my favorites. That sentence makes no sense, but it does. If you're not confused by now, you should be. What would happen if Pinocchio said, "My nose is about to grow"?

But yeah. The visual effects on Mean Streak are the best. That's the #1 reason it is my favorite. You can't deny that it looks awesome on ride.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
s15c said:
gavin said:
I like the bumpiness. To be honest, my favorite part is getting off the ride and yelling out, "I need a chiropractor!" But seriously, it's a fun ride if you actually want it to be fun. El Toro and Lightning Racer are better, just not my favorites. That sentence makes no sense, but it does. If you're not confused by now, you should be. What would happen if Pinocchio said, "My nose is about to grow"?

But yeah. The visual effects on Mean Streak are the best. That's the #1 reason it is my favorite. You can't deny that it looks awesome on ride.

It would look better as the remains of an epic bonfire.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
s15c said:
gavin said:

It does make sense to me actually. You can prefer something that you know isn't as high quality. Give me a McD's cheeseburger over lobster thermidor anyday.