What's new

Fantawild Parks | China | Many Theme Parks

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Meh theyre decent rides and a million times better than the old Boomerang, Skyloop combos they used to go for in their smaller parks.

Footers for a ride at Fantawild Shangqui is going in but its hard to see what layout it actually is. Its not a Space Warp or Top Gun. First guess is its another Renegate model like Taizhou but hard to tell right now.

Fantawild Shangqiu.JPG

Track for both this and the junior boomerang rebound model are on site
Fantawild Shangqiu2.JPG

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
The Zigong Dinosaur Park is opening on 18th June.

202206080218138590.jpg

Source

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Meh theyre decent rides and a million times better than the old Boomerang, Skyloop combos they used to go for in their smaller parks.

Footers for a ride at Fantawild Shangqui is going in but its hard to see what layout it actually is. Its not a Space Warp or Top Gun. First guess is its another Renegate model like Taizhou but hard to tell right now.

View attachment 18057

Track for both this and the junior boomerang rebound model are on site
View attachment 18058
I'm sorry I couldn't help myself.

Fantawild Shangqiu.JPG

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm sorry I couldn't help myself.

View attachment 18113
The mind sees what the heart desires, I suppose.

Becoming a pattern, this.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
The Taizhou park with the Vekoma Renegade now has an official name - FT (Fanta) Wild Land, another new style of park for the chain which focuses on their various animation brands.
Haven't caught glimpse of the English coaster name yet, but in Chinese it's 勇甲天下, which roughly translates to 'Brave the World'.
They're holding various advanced preview ticket giveaways at the moment so official opening is expected to be fairly soon.

202206270336422747.jpg

1656367568369.png

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
New Super Boomerang photos from Vekoma; It looks great!

facebook_1656514787252_6947926598232378092.jpg

facebook_1656514800025_6947926651808111141.jpg

It will utilise LSM launches as I expected and it appears to have a switch track/turntable for 2 train operations!

Ethan

Strata Poster
So I imagine many will correct me/disagree on this, and although I haven't yet ridden any of these new Vekomas, I'm personally finding it hard to be excited by them and I think it's because of the OSTRs? Weird because these layouts look rather nice, almost like they were made using the Euler orientation in Newton2.

I've heard the restraints aren't bad at all, but surely these could all just have lapbars? I don't know, I just picture them restricting some of the airtime, but perhaps somebody who has ridden one can give their thoughts?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
So I imagine many will correct me/disagree on this, and although I haven't yet ridden any of these new Vekomas, I'm personally finding it hard to be excited by them and I think it's because of the OSTRs? Weird because these layouts look rather nice, almost like they were made using the Euler orientation in Newton2.

I've heard the restraints aren't bad at all, but surely these could all just have lapbars? I don't know, I just picture them restricting some of the airtime, but perhaps somebody who has ridden one can give their thoughts?more
Having ridden several of the layouts now I'm of the personal opinion that the vests do hold these rides back. Airtime and floppy inversions just don't feel as satisfying with more points of contact holding you in position.

Interestingly on the layout design point, I've also found that a lot of the track shaping feels too well refined to the point of losing distinction or character. What looks great from afar doesn't actually ride that excitingly, which for me is an even bigger crime.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Having ridden several of the layouts now I'm of the personal opinion that the vests do hold these rides back. Airtime and floppy inversions just don't feel as satisfying with more points of contact holding you in position.

Interestingly on the layout design point, I've also found that a lot of the track shaping feels too well refined to the point of losing distinction or character. What looks great from afar doesn't actually ride that excitingly, which for me is an even bigger crime.
Interesting that you made that last point, I did always think these layouts look very, very refined as you say. I'm assuming you don't get any laterals on most of the new Vekoma coasters you've ridden? The way the transition and curves are profiled looks to me like you wouldn't get any lats at all?

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
Interesting that you made that last point, I did always think these layouts look very, very refined as you say. I'm assuming you don't get any laterals on most of the new Vekoma coasters you've ridden? The way the transition and curves are profiled looks to me like you wouldn't get any lats at all?
It could well be that, though I couldn't say for sure at this moment in time. It has been a while.
I feel like saying the experiences are a bit one-dimensional, for want of a better description.

Indy

Hyper Poster
I definitely understand what you are referring to, but I'd also argue that the refined shaping provides the character and distinction. They are inherently distinct because of how refined they are. Ben Bloemendaal certainly has his unique style that is defined by near perfect shaping and extremely fluid maneuvers.

Personally, I enjoy this, but I also recognize your point and feel that a lot of it comes down to pacing. For instance, Lech Coaster is incredibly refined but absolutely hauls through the layout, thereby providing a very forceful and memorable experience. Abyssus, on the other hand, lacks that same punch because the trim/holding brake is just a little too harsh. Since the shaping is so well done, there is rarely a noticeable spike in positive Gs. It needs a bit more momentum so that it rips through the layout like Lech Coaster and provides a more forceful ride. Nevertheless, it's still a really solid coaster.

I'd be curious to know the reasoning as to why they haven't developed a lapbar-only train. From a manufacturer standpoint, the vests are certainly preferable for safety reasons. However, they are doing lapbar-only trains for the new suspended looping coasters, so they clearly don't have a fundamental issue with doing it.

HeartlineCoaster

Theme Park Superhero
I definitely understand what you are referring to, but I'd also argue that the refined shaping provides the character and distinction. They are inherently distinct because of how refined they are. Ben Bloemendaal certainly has his unique style that is defined by near perfect shaping and extremely fluid maneuvers.
You're right, it's definitely a disctinct style. I do appreciate them all for that and don't mean to detract from it. The style just doesn't tick my boxes.

Edit: As we're in the Fantawild topic I'm also personally grumbling about the fact that they've latched onto these in place of Gravity Group woodies, which I enjoy so much more.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
It honestly does looks so dull though, there's no whip to any of the movements. Reminds me of Colossus' rolls. I'm in the 'haven't ridden so just judging from Povs' camp, so maybe they ride more exciting than they look.