What's new

Fantasy Island (UK) | Spinning Racer | Maurer Spinning Coaster | 2021

TilenB

Strata Poster
Looks like the old Spinning Racer that used to tour Germany. I read somewhere that it was bought by Mellors before the 2020 season, but I don't think it ever toured with them, considering how awful this time is for travelling funfairs.

I rode the thing in Stuttgart back in 2015 and it was pretty decent, so not a bad addition to the park. I wonder if it's going to be a permanent ride or if it's just loaned from Mellors for the time being.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Looks like the old Spinning Racer that used to tour Germany. I read somewhere that it was bought by Mellors before the 2020 season, but I don't think it ever toured with them, considering how awful this time is for travelling funfairs.

I rode the thing in Stuttgart back in 2015 and it was pretty decent, so not a bad addition to the park. I wonder if it's going to be a permanent ride or if it's just loaned from Mellors for the time being.
Mellors own Fantasy Island so it's their own ride.

I was expecting it to go straight to Saudi Arabia like Teststrecke (which they also bought) but there were rumours it might come to the UK for a bit before doing so which were obviously correct. Good news!

There's a chance it may appear at Winter Wonderland too.

Will

Strata Poster
As tedious as the drive out to the east coast is, I'm quite happy with this news. It doesn't look like a bad little ride.

I know we can only clutch at straws, but is there any rumour of an opening date? It'd be fab if they could have it up and running for April 12.

Nick13

Mega Poster
Looking forward to this, since Whirlwind departed! I really hope it ends up being a permanent attraction. I wonder if this means Ice Mountain is leaving.

Yeah they did announce a while back that Ice Mountain was leaving, so most likely will be taking that spot. Interesting to see they have posted this as the first of multiple new attractions too, will see what else they have to offer.

Skegness is such a mission but i can’t resist a new cred 😂

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I was planning a trip out this way this season anyway, so this'll be a nice extra.

GregBoxall

Roller Poster
With this coaster replacing Ice Mountain hopefully it'll make the trip down to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland like its former did. Would make getting the cred a lot easier for us in the south!

Last edited:

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Ugh, why? Skegness has to be a thing again?

Here's hoping that this spinner is half decent to ride. Maurer can create awesome spinners, but I've ridden a fair few that were either rough or meh, and I'm not liking the look of the flat turns at the top of the ride; They remind me of the vile contraption at Skara Sommerland.

I have to wonder how well Fantasy Island will be able to operate with social distancing measures. Especially if the market reopens, I can't imagine it being fun trying to avoid crowds.

Ah well, I suppose at least it'll be an excuse to hopefully meet a few CFers, and to get that elusive second cred at Mablethorpe. Silver linings and all that.

I'm going to go this year as my eldest is tall enough to ride Millennium and Oddysey and this makes a 3rd cred for us. Does anyone know what are the queues like in the summer?

Last edited:

Nick13

Mega Poster
I went on August bank holiday weekend in 2019 and the area was packed but ride queues not a problem, so can’t see it ever getting too bad there really. Ice Mountain and the log flume were the only real lines at prob 15 mins max and the Vekomas walk-on.

I went on August bank holiday weekend in 2019 and the area was packed but ride queues not a problem, so can’t see it ever getting too bad there really. Ice Mountain and the log flume were the only real lines at prob 15 mins max and the Vekomas walk-on.
Brilliant thank you kindly. Long weekend to be booked in the summer methinks.

Bentleya

Mega Poster
I’ve not actually managed the trip up to Skegness yet; so this is a welcome addition - plus I’ve got a bit of a soft spot for these little spinners.

Fingers crossed the new coaster at flamingos opens this year and I can do a combine trip to tick both parks off the list.

I narrowly missed this coaster at Hamburg Dom as we arrived too late to ride it, and I have been keeping an eye out for it since. Glad it's ended up somewhere that isn't too difficult to get to, I'll hopefully be making the skeggy journey this year too!

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Not gonna lie, I'm delighted I've ridden this already so I don't have to go back to Skegness.

But for anyone who's not been to Fantasy Island before and/or is happy to drive to a lot of nothing, then it's a half decent +1. There are some better, but many much worse examples of this cred.