What's new

Fair Coasters- Credits?

Do you count?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Do you consider coasters at traveling fairs to be credits, or even at fairs which stay there all year round but only open up for a week or two during the year?

I'm going to the Michigan State Fair tomorrow and considering I never rode the coasters there before, I was wondering if I should count it as a credit if I ride them tomorrow?

I wouldn't go as far as saying one of those little oval Dragon coasters are coasters, but I mean like the RC-48 or a Wild Mouse or whatever.

So, do you count them or no?

Ben

CF Legend
They are roller coasters. They are therefore credits.

There we go. Just keep track, it's easy enough to tell the difference really, just use a brain. Oooo, sorry Tay...

Well, considering you are Ben and you are a credit whore, I figured you might say yes :p .

What about even the small Dragon coasters? Do you count those? I still won't, but I'm just curious to see what you count them as.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, why not? I would at a park.

What I do do is make a note of the name, and then if I rode one not far from that on another date with the same date I wouldn't count it, but I've not had that predicament appear yet.

That's true, and I don't think I will have that name problem considering most of the fairs I go to only have Dragon coasters except for this one which has one or two decent ones. They have powered ones too which I obviously will not count (though I count Thunder Run as one, haha).

A

Anonymous

Of course I would count Fair Coasters. Who wouldn't count Olympia Looping and other great coasters that are found on fairs.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I would count fair coasters, but I haven't been to a fair since I started keeping count. If I would have counted all the coasters I rode at the beerfests growing up in Germany I'd have 200 by now. So count them Taylor or you will wish you would have later. :wink:

marc

CF Legend
I do not count them simply due to the fact they are not on coaster count.

The problem is you never know if you have done the same one twice as I never know who is running the fair.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
southend_marc said:

QFT.

Urgh, another "is it a "credit"? topic.

Firstly I hate the term credit as it takes the romance out of roller coasters and as se_marc said, if it's not on CoasterCounter then it doesn't get added to my list.

By all means add what you want to your list. It dosen't bother me!

Plus pikey fairs don't interest me.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Yes, they are, but I'd only ride worthwhile ones. Where as at a park, I'd go on everything.

And I think "major" ones should be on the coastercounters.

I understand that you cannot keep track of the bazillion spinning mice things that Ian loaths, but you can keep track of the German fair monsters for example. And websites do. So it's not like the information isn't out there.

A

Anonymous

southend_marc said:
Depends on which site you are using.

I use www.coaster-count.com since it's a lot easier then the rest I have tested.
And they have a lot of traveling ones on it, on the bottom of THIS PAGE (CLICK) (which is over German coaster) you have a lot of traveling coasters.

marc

CF Legend
Fairs though sell rides to each other all the time so you could do a mouse at one and do the same mouse at another so you can not keep track.

If I counted all the coasters I have done at fairs my count would be over 250.

I would never pay £4 to ride a mouse or apple coaster.

trav

Mega Poster
Actually, it's quite easy to keep track of all the fairs. There's a website that just shows UK fairs:

http://www.fairground-rides.co.uk/database.php

I use that to see which coasters I have been on at fairs. Usually at the fairs I go to (Leeds Valentines Fair is pretty much the only one now), it's the same people who run it, so they always have either the same or very similar rides.

Emmett

Giga Poster
Yeah I count fair coasters, we get a huge fair here in Dublin every Christmas and they mostly get a few new coasters every year or two. I count them. The fair is bigger than most of our parks here, and if you are not re-riding the same coaster, then I don't see a problem.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I don't, but simply because I can't be bothered. Big Apples and Spinning Mice - Eugh! I go on them for the kids, but not for myself.

I've no idea which Big Apple's I've been on anywhere around the country on the traveling fair circuit. Erm, plus I don't count clones :lol:

As Loefet said, I'd count a big one like Olympia Looping - it's pretty stand out as a coaster, and you know which one you've been on. ;)

Ollie

CF Legend
The only fair credits I've counted are the ones at Düsseldorf Fair, as those are really big coasters, and are the only fair coasters I've ridden that I remember the names of. :p

Steven

Giga Poster
If it a roller coaster and you can define it as one either by manufacture or rcdb ect then yes.

marc

CF Legend
I do agree with Ollie as they are not clones and there is only 1 of them, just a shame they are not in a park though.