What's new

Europa Park |"Wodan"| GCI Wood

Shubinine

Mega Poster
Re: GCI Wooden Coaster - Europa Park 2012

^ Indeed. I Don't understand why most people hate Silver Star so much. So what if it is trimmed? The new magnetic trims make is a really good ride, and most imporantly, kind of thrilling AND re-rideable. That is what a park wants, people to come back for more, not ride once and then throw up...Europa is a family park. There aren't really big thrills, but overall all the rides there are pretty good.

Now, onto the woodie. I think that it ride crossing atlantica and blue fire is pretty cool. It will add to the view in the area plus not to mention again the headchoppers.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^Magnetic trims? Nah. They rely on trimming the speed if they need to, magnetic brakes will ALWAYS brake the train.

A

Anonymous

^ The magnetic trims on Silver Star works very well, they are not very hard so they just trim away little speed, but the best thing is that you don't get that disappointing sound when the trims grab as they did...

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^But surely they always trim speed? I didn't think that was the point of trims... :?

D1993

Hyper Poster

Either way, I dont see why there is so much hate towards Silver Star.
Anyways, Im actually really liking the crossovers and interactions between several rides. Mythos, Blue Fire and Supersplash all interacting like that I think is great!
Obviously there are some who think otherwise, but either way, its still going to be a fantastic GCI roller coaster.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

It's the best we have at the moment. I think the name will be something related to Norse gods, Iceland being a Nordic Country, and the Station theming seems to fit. Just found this after a quick Google search

"Ragnarök refers to a series of major events, including a great battle foretold to ultimately result in the death of a number of major figures (including the gods Odin, Thor, Freya, Heimdall, and the jötunn Loki), the occurrence of various natural disasters, and the subsequent submersion of the world in water. Afterwards, the world resurfaces anew and fertile, the surviving gods meet, and the world is repopulated by two human survivors."

The 'submersion' in water seems to fit with the Supersplash flyover towards the end of the ride. Definatly a long shot though, with very little to base it on.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Thanks for posting that. It does look huge, especially as they haven't even topped it off yet!

Dave

CF Legend

Holy ****, that's going to be intense at the bottom of that drop!

Ben

CF Legend

I wouldn't say it's totally unique... It's pretty similar to Terminator's drop, just bigger.

And it looks AWESOME, like Terminator's.

tomahawk

Strata Poster

^Let's hope that it doesn't suck like the rest of Terminator though.

Love it.

Brett7710

Mega Poster

The turn around at the top of the lift hill is sloped too, so the train will be gathering speed before it even starts that drop, then plunging straigt into a tunnel, awesome.

Can't wait to ride this and the new Invert at Parc Asterix next year.

Does anyone know if the train transfer/storage platform on GCI coasters can double as a rider exit? I asked earlier in the thread but it went un-noticed, i'm wondering if that could be one of the factors in the high throughput.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners

Hmmm...looks familiar:

rye1_583.jpg

It's awesome to see that GCI is incorporating Fred Church's style in their designs. I'm just waiting for that massive whirlpool in one of their designs.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

Great minds think alike... Some of us are just a little bit greater and quicker off the mark ;)

furie said:
Wow! That first drop looks like it was ripped right from the aeroplane coaster!
Rye_Playland_Airplane_coaster_small.jpg

Ben

CF Legend

tomahawKSU said:
^Let's hope that it doesn't suck like the rest of Terminator though.

Love it.

Terminator's amazing :(

This is just, yeah, shaping up to be amazing already. Other than the GROSS interactions with other rides, it's easily going to be in with a shot with being the second best GCI out there. After Mountain Flyer, OBV.