What's new

Europa Park |"Wodan"| GCI Wood

D1993

Hyper Poster
Brett7710 said:
D1993 said:
Well since when did wooden roller coasters look 'pretty'??
I mean they can look nice, but not 'pretty' like some steel coasters.

I feel the opposite actually. I prefer the structure of a woodie to steel beams. Something like this - http://niekee.net63.net/wp-content/uplo ... -klein.jpg - To me is more aesthetically pleasing than the average steel coaster.

That particular photo looks really cool, but I've never found a woodie to be 'pretty' sometimes like a steel coaster can be.
That photo of Troy is a very cool photo though and it looks great.
Wodan (I preferred Mythos alot more), seems to actually look cooler than most GCI's!
I mean you look at the photos of the lift hill and the whole first structure and its really really cool!
Obviously the criss crossing over with other rides looks a bit weird, but I wouldnt say its ugly .... just a bit odd looking.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
^Odd looking it may look, but its mostly about the ride experience - agreed? That is where woodies (or hybrids in Voyage's case) often beat steel coasters hands down!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QyLMojo_lk&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I wonder if that Viking warrior will be be walking around (like Mickey Mouse), in the first month or so?
Or a statue for that matter?

Martyn B

CF Legend
432216_10150559621274095_23030364094_8783664_320829815_n.jpg

419653_10150559621034095_23030364094_8783662_1213131091_n.jpg

395580_10150559620794095_23030364094_8783660_1042648664_n.jpg

Snoo

The Legend
It could be hit or miss really. If it hits like many of the GCI's that are good out there.. it will be great. If it pulls a Kentucky Rumbler.. BIG waste of space.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
^ I'm not an expert on this, but i wouldn't think that just because the last bents are installed, it means that it starts testing soon.
I believe that a lot of the work on a wooden coaster goes into making the track portion of the ride, which doesn't seem to be done before a couple of weeks.

Now. This coaster looks freakin' amazing! I can't wait to ride it.
- I hope to experience Wodan this year, if not, probably next year.

Lofty

CF Legend
BEN <3

You took the words right out of my mouth. I doubt it will begin testing until at LEAST 2-4 weeks after track completion.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I understood what he meant, it really isn't any kind of issue. He was simply disagreeing with CrazyCoaster about it testing soon. Since when did we start laying into people who have English as a second language too? Come on?

Anyway, TheCoasterCruiser, Ben made a joke, yes. It's not against the rules and it often helps to make the forums a little more light-hearted, it's nothing worth getting miffed about :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
I thought about five minutes after I posted did I get the name right, and didn't. I could have changed it, but I believe it's good to see that we all make mistakes sometimes. My apologies to you Crazycoaster :lol: